[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /an/, Just caught a Indian Ring Neck male in my garden.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: thunderbird.jpg (914KB, 1680x2368px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbird.jpg
914KB, 1680x2368px
Hi /an/,

Just caught a Indian Ring Neck male in my garden.

This is him in our old finch cage going to go out tomorrow and get him a bigger cage. What size is good for a single bird?

Any tips would be great? The good news is it seems socialized as he was taking fruit out of my hand inside the cage with out any issues. Hope I can have him on my shoulder by the end of the month.

I want to call him Thunderbird after the Native American legends.

>http://www.whats-your-sign.com/thunderbird-native-american-symbol.html
>>
>>2294414
Hmm.. Someones lost pet?

You best put up some found posters anon, help reunite it with its family. No responses? Congratulations, you have a new bird. Responses? Congratulations, you just patched up someones heart. Make sure you call them a dildo licker for letting him out in the first place.
>>
>>2294444
Am I allowed to check my own quad quads?

Also, make sure you are very vague about it.. "found bird at xxx location, appears to be tame. Please call xxx if you are missing a bird" with some bullshit clipart of a bird in a suit or something. Make sure you get a good description and a name, and if you can, see if it responds to said name. I found a cockatiel once and put a poster up, had 4 calls but only one matched the description. They even told me he was mad for toast, and if I went and put my toaster down he would go nuts. Sure enough, he started singing his heart out.

I fucking love tiels.
>>
>>2294414
My friend lost a bird exactly like this one.
Actually, he wasn't my friend and he kept the bird in shit conditions before it got out by accident. Treat it nicely, op.
>>
>>2294444

Nice Quads. Thanks for the clip art description suggestion. I really want to keep this one.

I had a cat from too blocks down the street the other day attacking my cats and even injuring the one. Turns out it's owners just left for holiday and told the maid to take care of it. The maid neglected the cat and he ended up coming into my house trying to get food from my cats bowls. When I took cat back to them after caching it and reading it's color I got hold of owner who is blissfully unaware in some holiday resort. Worst off all is she blamed me for feeding her cat that I only did on the day I caught him(He came up to me and friendly brushed against my legs and I could see he was thin and hungry) He walked into kitty caddy himself no fuss. Actually very nice pet just turned feral trying to stay alive. Saddest thing is when I dropped cat at it's house first thing maid did was hit cat through the face and scolded it as if it was wrong. It took everything in me not verbally/physically attack that piece of shit person. I still wonder about that kitty.

Point I'm trying to make is people don't give a shit about pets anymore. It's like they just a object with out any emotional needs. I think this parrot was another victim of the holiday fuck everything mode people go into. I'm not to keen to give it back to abusive/neglectful owners.
>>
>>2294447

Gonna call him Wakya. I want him to be my friend and chill on my shoulder all day whilst I shitpost and he shits on my shoulder.
>>
File: Wakya.jpg (486KB, 1032x1784px) Image search: [Google]
Wakya.jpg
486KB, 1032x1784px
>>2294467

He seems happy now walking around in his cage playing with the bell toy I bought him and eating some veggies.
>>
At least it got caught by someone who can give him some love and not by a fucking cat dog or killed by a car/starvation/climate.
>>
File: Wakya New house.jpg (879KB, 1336x1784px) Image search: [Google]
Wakya New house.jpg
879KB, 1336x1784px
I went out this morning and got him a nice big comfy cage. He wasn't happy with me taking him out of small cage but we both got through it fine.
>>
File: Wakya New house2.jpg (1MB, 2256x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Wakya New house2.jpg
1MB, 2256x1840px
>>2294856

Look at him stuffing his face with his new munchies I got him. I also added some Parrot Booster Tonic to his water to help him get strong after his adventure outdoors.
>>
>>2294465
How do you know it's been abused though? Keep it mind they have long life-spans. You can always check your local Craigslist or Parrot911 to see if anyone lost it.
>>
>>2294886
Nope, looks like he's just going to be a selfish cunt about it no matter what people say, fuck him. Please don't bump this thread.
>>
>>2294414
OP, you are completely in the wrong, and the fact someone has already told you the right thing to do, which you have completely disregarded, makes you even worse.

You have no right to judge what conditions that bird was living under, its previous owner, or the circumstances surrounding that birds escape. We had a break in through our sunroom which held the bird cage during the day, and for whatever reason the fleshwastes who broke in decided to open the cage on the way through. We lost our breeding pair Cockatiels and a pair of Corollas but got one of the tiels back via a missing poster. We have been devastated ever since, not knowing what happened to the other three is completely heartbreaking.

You're fucking scum OP.
>>
>>2294465
You are going to keep a bird when you have a cat? You are going to have to lose one anon lest you come home to an 'accident' one day. Do you want a cat or a bird?

Look for the bird's owners. They likely miss their animal. That animal may have even been free roam hence how it got away. They may have opened the door or something. You might be keeping a free roaming bird in a cage. Not every free roaming bird has its wings clipped. Even if it wasn't, that's not right. As other anon said, a plethora of things can lead to an escaped bird including a break-in. Somebody could be heartbroken right now. Maybe it was let out because someone died or didn't really care, but you ought to at least try.
>>
>>2294915
>>2294912
>>2294906

I'm going to put up flyers. But I'm not going to have someone tell me it's there bird and just take a $120 bird with out it responding to name or flying on to there shoulder. If you want to help it returned to it's owner what would be signs to look for that the bird actually belongs to them? I live in a country where scabby cunts would try and hustle me to make a buck off the poor thing. So sorry if I don't trust humans but I'm not going to let someone take it with out proof that they had one like photos and proximity to the are where I recovered it.

I have had Hamsters,finches and cats all my life with out one dying. I'm responsible owner and parrot has it's own room where I am 12 hours a day. unless at night when he sleeps with out any cat or dog that can get access.
>>
>>2294446
I love them so much. Unrelated to thread but my first pet was a tiel. He would join me for breakfast and sit on the rim of my cereal bowl eating fruit loops or whatever else I had in there with me.
My sister let him out of his cage at night for some reason while I was asleep and he hit the ceiling fan. He died the next morning. He wasn't even 2. I was devastated.
>>
>>2294856
goddamn when my family had a bird we had the exact same cage, brings back memories
>>
>>2294928

What happened to your bird?
>>
>>2294920
Well of course. I don't blame you for being vague, and maybe not even mentioning the species. After all, if they've truly lost that species of bird, they'll be able to tell you what species. Okay, that's good. I've known stupid owners to get their birds injured when a cat decides to knock a cage over.
>>
>>2294920
Ok, standing down, you made it sound like you were keeping it regardless.

>>2294923
Shit anon. Thats balls. I think it's worse with tiels because they are such pleasant, innocent little things. Sorry for your loss anon.
>>
>>2294920
>what would be signs to look for that the bird actually belongs to them?

Explain your valid concern about it going back to its rightful owner, and ask for proof of ownership. Photos of the critter would be the first thing I'd be asking for. I have squillions of photos of my critters. If they don't have any, then favourite treats and commonly used commands will help. The owner will prolly give you a 5 minute spiel about all the cool shit their critter can do, while a scab will likely go "err.. step up.. step down and shit.."

Good luck OP, you're not as much of a faggot as I thought.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.