[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cat in our house meows/"talks" at me fucking loudly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cat and box.gif (986KB, 350x237px) Image search: [Google]
cat and box.gif
986KB, 350x237px
cat in our house meows/"talks" at me fucking loudly whenever it sees me like it wants something. and if i approach to talk at it or pet it, 9/10 times she will run off to her food bowl and start eating like OH I JUST REMEMBERED I AM HUNGRY

not even my cat, doesn't talk at/to or do this weird crap to anyone else. thoughts?
>>
>not my cat
"look, I eat food, and it's not for you" = territorial
or "look, I calmly eat food in your presence" = attention whoring
The cat is clearly food driven. But do you think domesticated social mammals have some genetic unicode of behavior especially if (like in the case of cats) nobody really cared to breed them for that? They get that from their mother and also owner's socialization or the lack of it. Not even anthropomorphizing. If it's not fixed, if there are another cats around, even just behind the windows, could be the first. But as it's a she, is she fixed again? was she weened to early? could be the second. If it was a stray, could be both.
>>
>>2294409
not a stray, we got 2 cats and a dog, other cat and dog get on well, weird eating cat (who is actually the tiniest of the lot) was kinda taken from mom kinda early we suspect, got it at some big pet store chain i don't know. doesn't talk at/do the weird food thing with anything else. also she follows me into/out of rooms and everyone else claims it's just me she does that to. never really getting close but keeping an eye on me. am i going to die soon?

out of what you said i would lean more towards attention whoring but unless she has an itch she cant reach she doesn't really get needy for petting or anything
>>
>>2294395
Cat is just trying to get your attention. I have a cat that's pretty vocal, but that's mostly my fault because I talked to her all the time as a kitten and it finds it normal (inb4 toxoplasmosis taking over my brain). When she does it, it means that she's either hungry, greeting me or wants to play.

Spend more time with this "not my cat" of yours, it's probably bored out of its skull and will start doing somersaults around the house and claw/chew your furniture. Or at least get it some toys like in that gif.
>>
>>2294552
Cats are weird. They need to be taught to be cuddly for attention, or there's always the chance they are but just don't get it, because no specific selection for that ever, it's a damn lottery. That's why a lot of cases of hand play-battles with kittens upbringing end up in aggressive cats who just snap at guests' legs or owners' hands. They think that's how you affection. durr
>>
>>2294914
I still do hand play-battles with one of my cats and it didn't end up like that.
I only do it when that cat lies on it's side and starts and starts signalling that it wants to play (It curls into a ball and rubs it's face with it's paws and flails around. It's done this since it was a kitten and i don't know why.). Any other time it is timid. When it does play, it deliberately misses my hand and tries to keep it's claws retracted. I didn't train it to do this, in fact, i kind of encouraged the aggressive behaviour by ignoring any wounds if it did get me and kept playing.
I think those kind of aggressive cats are that way because people confuse the cat by petting it, and then switch to playing halfway through.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.