[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love nature and I love music. Recently I've been wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
I love nature and I love music.

Recently I've been wondering if there is a way to combine the too, and obtain a job that jas something to do with field recording or bird song research.

What would I need to study/do in order to realise such aspirations?
>>
You'd need a masters or a phd if you want it to be permanent. Aim for Cornell.
>>
>>2294416
In zoology?
>>
Maybe, silly sounding question.
Is it possible to make from real bird songs and calls the "voices" of hypothetical birds of the future? I have a project "Tour to Neocene" about the world 25 MY in the future (inspired by Dougal Dixon's works and "The Future is Wild" TV series). And I'd love to add certain "voices" to descriptions of non-existing birds.
But it's not a job, but a hobby. All people working on this project do it for their own interest only. I think all of us would be glad if you'd join our work.
>>
Seaworthy and Taylor Deupree - Wood, Winter- Hollow is an example. Though this guy of course had contacts and whatnot. I'm a musician, and I recommend you to create links with key people if you want to make a living out of it. A label that focuses on trance/electronic music should be good.
>>
>>2294562
>>2294586
Thanks you guys.

I already make a living off of my music, I was just wondering if there was a more acdemic route since Im deciding what to study after ditching uni to pursue music.

Im pulling a Rivers Cuomo basically.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.