[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to teach a cat to clean itself? The cat i adopted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5041.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5041.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
Is there any way to teach a cat to clean itself? The cat i adopted was seperated from his mom at a young age and never learned at least thats what they told me. He smells so fucking bad please
Am i gonna have to start giving him baths
>>
>>2294248
Give these links a look, they might have some tips you'll find useful:
http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/healthy-pets/cat-not-grooming-itself/
https://www.petcarerx.com/article/my-cats-not-grooming/800

If you do choose to give you kitty a bath you'll want to be very careful, most cats don't take to water well and a scared cat with sharp claws isn't a fun mix. Some bathing tips I can give are filling up the tub without the cat in the room, the loud sound of water pouring will scare the cat. Make sure the water is warm but not too hot, the tub isn't filled so high that the cat is gonna be up to its neck in water/going to have to swim and put a towel or bath mat down in the tub so it has something to hold onto. Offer him treats and be very gentle, you want him to associate bath time with as much positivity as you can (and maybe trim his claws beforehand just in case haha). Best of luck!
>>
If it smells 'so fucking bad' it could be something other than it just doesn't kick itself. Is his ass clean? Check the inside of its ears and inside of the mouth. Look for build up, rotten teeth, anything that looks dirty and smell it since it might be coming from a specific part of him rather than overall. Cat breath is stinky by default but an infectious smell is pretty noticeable and different.

Unless he has shit caked in his fur or is rolling around in his litterbox, a cat that just doesn't groom has no reason to smell like that. I've had some ancient cats that stopped grooming and at worst they got that 'clothes you put in the closet for years and never touched' smell.
>>
>>2294248
Kick it in the dick lol
>>
The water needs to be hotter then lukewarm from what I've heard. They have a temperature of 100-102 degrees so what feels lukewarm to a human is freezing to a cat. They get freaked up when placed in water enough as it is, much less water that is cold to them. Not that is should be scalding or anything, definitely not. More important then a towel in the tub is placing towels on the side of the tub/counter and the bathroom/kitchen floor because if the cat freaks out and runs, it can slip and injure itself without the added traction of towels. A removable shower head with gentle pressure can really help because cats can be more receptive to that then submerging it in leg high water.
>>
>>2294248
kick it in the dick
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.