[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been here on /an/ many, many times over the years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

I've been here on /an/ many, many times over the years. I am VERY interested in knowing why it seems like nobody here ever really talks about guinea pigs. Have I just managed to miss the discussion?

Pic related, my friends' piglord named Cinnamon, also known as Donald due to the fugged up hair
>>
because there fucking gross and nobody weants to owen a fucking 24/7 sqeaker that pisses and shits just as often, oh did i mention they eat the shit out of ther own asses... yeah thats why u fucking retard,
>>
>>2294183

I consider their noises very endearing. I love how when I'm visiting my friends that I can rustle a plastic bag and have them come over scurrying and begging for food. I love handling them and having them nibbling on my clothes, the only downside is that they can shed enough hair to make you think you rubbed your shirt on a full-grown dog, not a footlong pigger.
>>
>>2294183
nah, i like 'em, i'd say you're just intolerant
>>
>>2294177
I love piggies as animals but they're sorta dumb. Mine at least didn't seem very affectionate, but maybe that's because I wasn't affectionate enough to it (I was in 3rd grade and more emotionally invested in rollercoaster tycoon than pets at the time).

Are guinea pigs supposed to be affectionate, or at least act like they recognize you?
>>
>>2294213
Yeah.

They take a bit of time sometimes, but they're very affectionate and chilled. I just got two more yesterday, they're a couple of months old and have been handled since birth, they're chill as fuck already.

They're good for people that want a pet that will literally just chill with you for hours without scurrying about. They seem pretty underrated in most countries, but a lot of us britbongs love them.
>>
I think guinea pigs are underrated because they're basically treated like fat hamsters when they're much more care intensive than one would think
They're really cool pets but they need to he handled properly and frequently to get the best out of them'
>>
File: Dexter.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
Dexter.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>2294294
>>2294284
These, they are pack animals after all, you need to make yourself part of their pack by spending a bunch of time with them,

This guy races me around the house, and if I come in carrying a computer and he's on teh floor, he'll run off to my work room knowing I'm about to head in there.

Massively underrated critters.
>>
File: IMAG0891.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0891.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>2294302
And some who are no longer with us (Dexter was just a pup back then)

RIP Merlin and Max Power ;_;7
>>
>>2294213
They can be affectionate in their own ways. I own two guinea pigs and take them outside to the yard so they can eat grass and walk around. Sometimes I lay down and relax with them and they'll tuck themselves into my elbows or neck. They don't like being picked up but they do like snuggling.
>>
>>2294305
Beautiful pigs rip

There seems to be a few people on /an/ that really hate guinea pigs for some reason. That might scare away some pig owners from discussing them.

Guinea Pigs are great there is just this huge misunderstanding that they are easy to take care of which is not true at all. If you aren't a lazy faggot and are willing to spend time with guinea pigs they are awesome pets.
>>
Guinea pigs in a nutshell:
FUCK YOU! GIVE ME THE TYPE OF AFFECTION I WANT OR I WILL SHIT ALL OVER THE CAGE
I hated owning them
>>
>>2294506
hur why do grazing animals poop so much lel XD

You are retarded and shouldn't own any animal. Also you are a namefag so please kill yourself.
>>
File: FOTO CUY.jpg (59KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
FOTO CUY.jpg
59KB, 720x480px
>>2294305
Those are exhibition level, really pretty.

>Yep, this is a thing in peru.
>>
>>2294528

I'd hate to see what they do with the runners-up.
>>
File: festival cuy.jpg (59KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
festival cuy.jpg
59KB, 638x480px
>>2294542
Exhibition Guinea pigs are actual pets, but there's also pet chickens.
>>
>>2294305
Nice piggers m8
>>
>>2294506
They shit all over the cage regardless, like most small furry animals. If you didn't know that then you probably shouldn't have owned a pig.
>>
File: P8040001.jpg (24KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
P8040001.jpg
24KB, 600x450px
they poop a lot but...the poop is just sorta like dry little pellets so its easy to clean up. pellets in one end- slightly different pellets out the other. I love the sounds mine makes. He also likes to snuggle and will curl into my hoodie and sleep making these sweet low little cooing sounds. :)

(pic not my pig, just a cutie)
>>
I've sent more than my fair share to their doom to my friends red tail boa who refuses to eat f/t. Also seen one get viciously mauled by a husky because my sister in law thought the husky would be nice because my akita didnt eat them (she babies smaller animals but is full RIP N TEAR on anything close to her size intruding on her space)She was retarded though and would have guinea pig fight club with her large female who would beat the shit out of her 2 males and eventually one male because the other got carried off by a hawk
Also took care of them while working at a petsmart for awhile and absolutely hated them along with the other small mammals. Would get a kick out of it when nignogs would come in wanting guinea pigs then freak out when we sell rats.

They arent that bad but they produce alot of sound smell and filth so me and them along with my history of terrible shit befalling them makes me not wanna mix with them
>>
>>2294613
>>2294506
Every living thing shits. I don't understand why you retards complain about it so much. I despise fecal matter and I still power through clean up sessions.

PS: You have microbiota shitting on your teeth right now.
>>
>>2294628
post guineas or GTFO
>>
>>2294316
Ahh. It was always the picking up that was the problem.
>>
>>2294790
That's usually what it is. One of my guinea pigs loves being held pet but hates being picked up while the other dislikes pets but will tolerate being picked up and moved.
>>
File: CantTalkEating.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
CantTalkEating.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>2294492
Thanks anon. They were all characters and their names reflected it.

> There seems to be a few people on /an/ that really hate guinea pigs for some reason. That might scare away some pig owners from discussing them.
I'm a fresh recruit from /diy/, came over looking for an sqt for some spider shit and found this thread, these are my first posts here. We'll see if we can fix that. Besides, I didn't think they were really a thing outside of Australia and the UK, I wouldn't have expected to see much about them here.

>>2294528
Thanks anon, we considered entering Merlin (the long hair) into some shows but they live a very relaxed life here, I didn't like the idea of them being poked and prodded at. Those pics are pretty adorable though.

>>2294655
>sound
They use sound to communicate with the pack. Moreso in a noisy pet shop.

> smell and filth
You work in a pet shop, where people are there to take care of animals because they are being paid to do so, not out of a genuine love. It's a bare minimum effort to pass the time till 5pm rolls around. What the fuck do you expect? I wash my pig monthly and he is still smelling like rainbows by the time the next wash comes around. Like any critter, a clean enclosure equals a clean critter. Admittedly it was harder to keep up with when I had three, but it's not that difficult if you have a good cage (I built my own enclosure specifically to be easy to clean)

>>2294851
>>2294316
I find a lot of the reason pigs don't like being handled is because people (in my observations at least) don't support their fat arses when they carry them, which hurts their spine. Splay your hand out, plonk their backend in and let them rest on your arm facing your elbow and they are usually happy. And yeah, my boys always loved outdoor times. Get them out into some dappled sunlight and onto some grass whenever you can, but beware, their ears and noses are very susceptible to sunburn. Try to avoid direct exposure for prolonged periods.
>>
File: nubbert.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nubbert.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
nubbins!
>>
>>2294924
Fuck yeah, I quite fancy a skinnypig, do they take much more looking after?
>>
File: 20170104_133534_Burst01.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170104_133534_Burst01.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>2294924
nah they might eat a little but more esp in winter, to maintain body heat but they seem otherwise about the same. he hasnt had any skin conditions or anything. they really like body heat tho so they are quite the snugglers!

he does appreciate the little sleeping bags i made for him tho. :)
>>
bump for gins
>>
>bumping on /an/ of all places
>>
>>2294924
noice skinny
>>
>>2294183
>implying cats and dogs don't make noise, piss and shit every, and eat their own feces/lick their own buttholes
>>
File: 20160907_161736_Edit.jpg (379KB, 2000x1582px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_161736_Edit.jpg
379KB, 2000x1582px
>>2294177

Guinea pigs are just too large. I care about my pets and don't want them cramped. For example, I keep 2 gerbils in a 29g aquarium, and no more than 2. To comfortably house 1 guinea pig would take a 3'x3'x2' enclosure. I have 6x2x2 I use for a snake, and a 4x2x2 I use for crested geckos. These things take up a ton of floor space as it is. It's a pretty big investment, as well as sacrifice, to give up that much real estate.

I have kept gerbils for about 19 years. I have never been without at least gerbils for more than 24 hours in those 19 years. But again, they just hardly take up any room. Pic related.

I assume that's why they aren't very common.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.