[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ahhh another morning gone by... Fresh air, birds singing, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: sad face kittens (2).jpg (31KB, 634x473px) Image search: [Google]
sad face kittens (2).jpg
31KB, 634x473px
Ahhh another morning gone by...
Fresh air, birds singing, the aroma of the days freshest coffee scenting my car on my morning commute, and a plethora of dead cats pancaked into the road along the way. Some with collars and some without.
Explain yourselves, catfags. Why do you want your favorite animal to die like this so frequently? Why are you in denial about this? Why do you think YOUR cat won't be run over? Why are you so negligent? Why do you hate your own pets this much?
>>
>>2293413
Cats are awesome, but forcing them to live inside when they clearly want outside with all of their being is fucking cruel. If it's too stupid to live a day, then fuck. and don't try running that high horse "Oh, but you're supposed to be the intelligent caregiver and keep it safe". Fuck off.
>>
>>2294238
Build a Catio you lazy, negligent piece of shit.
>>
>>2294238

I don't think "high horse" is the right term for this. It's completely reasonable to expect people to be held accountable for the deaths of these pets instead of "OMG HOE COULD THIS HAPPEN??! ONLY GOD CAN JUGE ME" mentality. Take your cat for a walk, put them in a baby carriage or >>2294240
>>
>>2294238
You could make that argument for all pets you know, most dogs want outside but do people let them roam around the neighbourhood? No. If your cat wants to go outside for whatever reason there are a ton of safe ways to do it, including catios, walking it on leash or giving it supervised outdoor time in the yard. Letting any domestic animal outdoors unattended is negligence on the owner's behalf, you're putting not only the cat at risk of highly preventable injuries/diseases/bad experiences but you're putting yourself, other people and other animals at risk as well.
>>
>>2294238
>don't try being reasonable. Fuck off
An argument based in emotion is no argument at all
>>
File: 1475944405492.jpg (140KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
1475944405492.jpg
140KB, 500x454px
>>2293413
fuck off judgemental fag

some cats (especially rescues) are simply not inclined to stay indoors

the dead cats are probably ones that were taken outside of their territory, as some cats get lost when you take them to unfamiliar territory and let them wander outside, it confuses them

blame retards, not me. my outdoor cats have wonderful lives. i had 1 cat get run over, but she was a former stray, and she went inside voluntarily for short periods of time (a.k.a. treats)

tl;dr fuck u
>>
>>2294415
>my outdoor cats have wonderful lives.
>i had 1 cat get run over,
Typical catfag reasoning.
>>
File: IMG_5225.jpg (96KB, 412x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5225.jpg
96KB, 412x364px
I love cats, but I actually ran one over once. I use to live in an extremely rural area and one night as I was coming home a cat literally darted in the middle of the road. The poor thing died...it was a barn cat, but still.

I keep my cats STRICTLY indoors bc I now I live in a very busy city, but when I did live in that rural area my landlord had around 6 cats + barn cats. She took very good care of them but some would die from foxes, bobcats, and sometimes even coyotes.

So that goes to show you that even in a rural area there are still many dangers. A catio is the most safest way to go.

My dears are very special to me. I play with them frequently and they play with each other. I would LOVE to build a catio, but my current landlord is a tightass.
>>
>>2294424
Also to add, it's safer for YOU to keep your cat indoors. Cats will tx fleas/ticks, and all sorts of gems that live in the soil.

Not good for people who are immunocompromised like the very young/very old.
>>
>>2294415
>tl;dr you're right and it's making me salty. I'll even give you an example of my overwhelming negligence.
FTFY
>>
>>2294341
Dogs are shit at taking care of themselves though, this is what cats specialize in.
>>
>>2294432
What cats specialize in is overbreeding, spreading filth and disease, and exterminating local fauna and wildlife.
All the more reason to take responsibility as a pet owner, and make sure your animal doesn't negatively impact the environment or become a problem to those around you.
Which is the same responsibilities as any pet owner. Only SOME people with cats have such a hard time with this concept.
Sure people with dogs can also be irresponsible, but IMHO and personal experiences I've seen that as a whole people who own cats are more likely to ignore the problems caused by thier animals.
>t. volunteer in animal control for three years
>>
>>2294238
>too lazy to play with pet
>would rather it be flattened by a car
>>
>>
>>2294238

You can take a cat outside without leaving it to roam at large unsupervised.

Outdoor cat guys paint this picture like EITHER YOU LET YOUR CAT ROAM LOOSE, KILL WILDLIFE AND GET HIT BY A CAR OR YOU'RE A MONSTER KEEPING IT PRISONER

There is middle ground here but it's like you're blind to it.
>>
>>2294519
If you reside in a city area I don't recommend letting your cat out at all. I see missing cats all the time. A rural area w/o a busy road would be more ideal.

Make sure if they are let out that they are neutered/sprayed, and have their shots.

Being fixed will also enable them to stay closer to the house since they won't be looking all over for mates. Some cats are better then others. Some are very foolish and not good candidates to be let out at all (getting stuck in trees, wondering too far, killing way too many things, etc.).

I find usually older cats will stay close to the house; sometimes don't even leave the backyard.

There's ultimately always going to be danger of them getting killed. But it can be reduced by close observation, and if you live in a appropriate setting.
>>
I have been letting my cat out every night.

However things are getting colder nowdays in Serbia so I was wondering I never had a cat before and I am afraid it will get sick on -20

Should I not be that afraid and trust in the cat not being a retard and finding shelter when cold?
>>
>>2294415
>>2294238
>>2294432
You know, posts like these really only end up reinforcing the stereotype that catfags are lazy poor cunts who feed their beasts corn kibble all day.

Honestly, I wish you needed a license to own moderate sized pets. The whining from you lazy retards who couldn't fill out paperwork or apply yourselves for shit would be glorious.

I own a cat. I hand prepare food for her every single day. I converted my backyard into an enclosure so she could fuck about with on her bum leg.

Try growing the fuck up.
>>
>even fucking PETA tells us to keep our cats indoors
Outdoor cay owners need to be shot.
>>
I have only kept indoor cats. The one I have right now does come outside with me when I smoke during the summer, but she does not run off, she sits/lays right beside me and then comes inside when I do. She doesn't leave my side so I guess that doesn't count. I guess she likes me... I do open the windows for her when it is warm because she loves to lay in it, but it has a screen. Either way, she's never made the effort to escape.
>>
I will say though that my indoor cat has free roam of the house and all ledges, shelves, furniture, and counters. I've never gotten people who don't let their cats climb. I mean, I guess the kitchen but hell, wipe the counter down with a lysol wipe before cooking. Besides, I don't prepare food on the counter itself.
>>
>>2294679
I work in a shelter in the midwestern US. We get cats with frostbite on their eartips and pawpads all the time.
>>
>>2294682
Wow, you're such a great guy, thanks for telling me how special you are!

Not everybody has a fucking backyard to convert in to shit.
>>
>>2294758
So you let your cat out in a busy suburban neighborhood or city? I could understand in a rural area where people have backyards and nearby forests, but not in a busy town or city.
>>
>>2294761
I have inside cats, I just don't understand why letting your cats outside every once in a while makes you satan.
>>
>>2294768
It is just as irresponsible as letting any of your other pets outdoors unsupervised.
>>
>>2294771
Except it's not. A cat isn't going to kill anyone and I know of plenty of cats who lived full lives going outside.

Of course there is a higher risk of your cat dying when it goes outside, but the same could be said for parents. I don't think my parents are irresponsible for letting me leave home.

I also don't get how you people don't understand the difference between cats and other animals. Cats come back home on their own and they don't tend to get lost, while a lot of other animals do.
>>
>>2294758

Why not put your cat in a stroller or harness and walk them then? This guy had it >>2294519 it's not one or the other unless you're a lazy cunt who doesn't actually want to do anything with their pet
>>
>>2294776
Because cat's don't typically respond well to that kind of thing. They like to go climb and hide and do weird shit. This seems to be what you seriously don't understand. Cats are not dogs, they have completely different behaviors and needs.
>>
>>2294774

~5.4 million cats are hit by cars each year with 97% not surviving, mostly between the ages of 7 months to 2 years.

938 of children under the age of 13 died in motor vehicle accidents in 2015, which combines passenger, pedestrian, and cyclist numbers (186 just for pedestrians).

Differences: children have someone looking out for them while cats do not, children have better developed brains to comprehend the possibility of there being a car, children can be taught to avoid roads
>>
>>2294779

They actually do, since you're using personal experiences as substitute for statistics. You say you know cats who lived full lives as outdoor cats; I say I know cats who are well trained on leashes and in strollers and love being in safe location. Try training your pet early.
>>
>>2294782
There are so many more stray cats than there are dogs. It is not a feasible option to single highhandedly train every single one of these cats and take them on a walk and all this weird shit that you have to condition them to from an early age. You have already guaranteed them a safer and more fulfilling life by taking them into your home. You cannot reasonably expect every single cat owner in the world to be doing this shit, it is absolutely ludicrous.
>>
>>2293413
My cat is 99% indoor cat. I say this because when I go on vacations to my boyfriend's parents house, I let him roam free. It's a pretty big house and I frequently make sure he's ok and hasn't left the territory. He never does, and I lock him up with me at night.

The problem is that sometimes semi-stray dogs get inside and they've killed 2 cats already. I swear, if one of them dares to kill my cat INSIDE this terrain I'll kill it. If it happens outside, it would be my own fault. But again, he never leaves.
>>
Hey so i want my cat to have some time outdoors but i don't want it just wandering about the woods, especially since my friend found a decapitated cat head and it's body in there.How can i let it have some fresh air but still have it inside and safe at the same time?
I appreciate any help i get, i don't want to be like the catfags and let my cat be run over.
>>
so my brother got a cat a few years ago, a little white kitten that would play with my dog and generally was very nice cat to have around compared to the other 3 we had around at the time. Eventually got run over, they let her run around so young she didn't understand cars. Another time I was walking home and on a busy street I remember seeing this cat, as soon as he saw me he dashes through the road and barely makes it past. Honestly some cats are great but I would rather have a dog that knows to stay on the property.
>>
>>2294774
>implying numerous animals can't be trained to come back home

No, you retard. People don't let their parrots out because they don't want them to die. You let your cat out because you're too lazy to care for its needs as a predatory animal and don't give a shit if it dies.

Also, the missing animal section of my local Craigslist suggests your supposed perfect cat homing ability isn't as perfect as you want to cognitively dissonance yourself into believing.
>>
Cat owners have every resource in the world available to them to make life easier for cat ownership, numerous mass produced products to entertain and feed their beasts with for relatively minuscule cost, veterinarians and support groups at every corner yet they still manage to completely fuck it up for their animals and force them outside on a diet of dry corn kibble all day.

I can't understand it. Is there a word for a community so stuck up, selfish, lazy and spiteful toward life in general that even the very animal they supposedly "love" suffers as a result?

In no other pet community will you find this. Lizard owners aren't pulling this shit. Guinea pig owners aren't protesting for the right to let them outside. Even ranchers who own cattle keep them at the fucking property line!

It's beggar's belief. Cats attract the worst type of people as owners, and I feel sorry for the cats as a result.
>>
>>2294863
Okay yeah you're right. next time I want a cat I'll just remember that they would be better off being put down than they would coming home to live with me.

Those are likely house cats that got out.
>>
>>2294868
What you are not taking into account is how many cats there are in this world. There are a shit ton of stray and feral cats. People don't have the resources to take them in a treat them like dogs. They'd be better with some shelter and food even if they are left unsupervised from time to time then none of that. If that was the standard all cat owner were held to then the cat population would severely diminish. And if you happen to think that's a good thing, then why the fuck do you care if peoples pet cats get run over?

It's a numbers game. 6 families taking in a cat or two that they will look after a bit even if they don't give it all the protection they possibly could would end up with a better survival rate than 1 family taking in one cat that they treat like a dog.
>>
>>2293413
>>2294238
Nice b8
Both of you should stop shitposting and get a life.
>>
>>2294768
I don't think it makes people the devil Lucifer himself, but I get concerned when people let them out in really busy areas near traffic. I mean some cats do just fine and never get ran over. It's just shitty when a cat does get ran over. Use to feline leukemia was a concern, but they fortunately have a vaccine for it now. Same for feline distemper. I just ask anyone who does to make sure their cat is up to date on their shots!
>>
>>2294863
Honestly sometimes those people are just lazy cat owners. This one chick in my town has posters everywhere about her lost cat for months. Finally, she got a call from the hospital saying, 'We think we found your cat.' There's a huge golf course as well as a field next to the hospital populated with a few feral cats, and it turned out it had been chilling there for the past few months hanging out and hunting field mice. It had no interest in going home. If a cat likes its owner, it will come back. Unless it is certain types of breeds suspected to lack a sense of direction, purebreds are a bit different.
>>
File: IMG_20170104_104203923.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_104203923.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>
>>2294746
As someone who is in vet school I can not stress it enough to not smoke around your animals.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447605891127.jpg (53KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447605891127.jpg
53KB, 720x960px
>>2294774
Except it is and you are fucking retarded for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>2294868
It's not cat owners.. Actuall legit cat lovers are big advocate against ignoring you cat and letting them outdoors. Everyone has this idea that cats are anti social animals that don't need attention of any kind ever and aren't capable of being super loving. It pisses me off because my cats are the most loving things ever and absolutely enjoy my company and constantly asking to be played with. People get cats and think they don't have to play with them this the cats end up anti social and extremely bored and destroy things /misbehave. Cats are extremely neglected because of whoever decided cats were this way.
>>
File: 4_1471694702.jpg (153KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
4_1471694702.jpg
153KB, 700x450px
>>2294432
Then explain street dogs.
>>
>>2294903
You might love your cats, but they don't give a shit about you.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0135109
>>
>>2294900
In the summer, I'm outdoors elevated on a chair, and she's laying nearby on the porch. (It's a second story apartment which makes things easier.) She's not literally right beside me. She is next to me, but not like... smack dab beside me where the smoke is blowing.

I don't smoke indoors ever, even during the winter, if that's what you are wondering. My house itself is smoke free indeed. She's not exposed to cigarette smoke in her enviroment.
>>
And to clarify on 'next to', she knows she's not allowed to go down the stairs or to go past the door of the second apartment from me. She stays in that little area away from any danger. She's a great cat. I'm considering getting her a harness and leash for some adventures, but she seems content just watching to outdoors as opposed to partaking in it so maybe not.
>>
Where the fuck do you live where a plethora of dead cats are on the road every day?
>>
>>2294904
These dogs look like they're bros
>>
>>2293413
Another day another about 12 song birds my colony of outside cats leaves on my porch.
>>
>>2294904
Dogs that were raised outside without owners. What's to explain? They say if humans vanished the first domesticated animals to die off would be dogs.
>>
>>2295108
>bragging about having to clean up animal carcasses off of porch every morning

Wow catfags are disgusting.
>>
>>2294846
Harness training, catio, portable enclosures like those little mesh tents they sell. My cats do just fine with a fenced-in backyard, don't try to climb it or anything.
>>
>>2294882
Don't forget that FIV is also a significant concern - no reliable vaccine for that one.
>>
>>2295108
Oh yeah? Well my army of song birds leave dead cats on my porch.
>>
>>2295335
Having them neutered makes them a lot less likely to have sex, and I doubt it's that probable they would get it though other means.
>>
>>2295335
I forgot about that.
>>2295429
I realize HIV is not present in human saliva, but cats are different if I remember. FIV is present in both blood and saliva so cats can contract it if they are bitten by or bite another cat.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.