[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: dasd.jpg (294KB, 2042x934px) Image search: [Google]
dasd.jpg
294KB, 2042x934px
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I need some advice from people anybody that understands animal cruelty laws within the UK.

I have a family member that I'm completely estranged from whom very recently acquired a pair of kittens recently for her adolescent son that she's barred from living with.
Given her history I didn't have high hopes for the future of the kittens, but what I learned a few hours ago has absolutely sickened me. After having the kittens for less than two weeks, a few nights ago after one of the kittens shit on her sofa, she threw them out onto the street, in the middle of the night, and it is baltic in the UK right now. I expect the kittens have probably long since frozen to death.
I knew she was bad, but I honestly didn't expect this from her. I never expected this.

I'm so incensed I can't sit here and not do anything about it, but since I don't speak to her and live quite far away from her, the only evidence I have that the kittens ever existed is pictures of them that she uploaded to her Instagram.

Is there anything I can do?
>>
it shit on the sofa

what do you expect her to do with disgusting creatures like that?
>>
>>2293327
This. I would have shot them. I've killed 3 dogs for shitting on my floor.
>>
>>2293327
>>2293331
Satire aside, the kittens were only a few weeks old, she murdered babies because she couldn't be fucked toilet training them. I don't to what degree she could be punished given that the only evidence they existed in the first place is first hand account and photographic documentation.
>>
>>2293335
>satire
>>
>>2293335
OP, I really hate to say this, but if free roaming cats are legal where she lives and there is an area in the immediate vicinity that is somewhat sheltered, then it's probably completely legal that she let the kitten(s) freeze to death. Absolutely sickening, but in the U.K. it's even more socially acceptable than in the US to let cats die out there like that, so nothing would really be done because like I said, just ditching your cat outside is legal. I'm so sorry
>>
>>2293341
I can't believe that. Even after looking into the regulations set by DEFRA, it states:

>All cats, including those that live predominantly outdoors, need a safe and clean environment and protection from hazards

>All cats need a safe, comfortable place to rest undisturbed.

>Living in a cold or wet place, without shelter, can cause a cat
to suffer. A cat must be able to avoid things that scare it, including other cats and they all need a place to hide where they feel safe.

That and I'm 100% sure it's illegal to abandon an animal outside as there's not only a risk of death to the animal themselves, but they also pose a threat to surrounding wildlife and populace around them.
>>
>>2293357
>safe clean environment with protection from hazards
that's why I said that if there's really any type of shelter in the immediate area then that would be used as "well the cat COULD HAVE gotten away from ice/snow if it wanted to"

>abandoning outside
Unless you have documented proof of her saying she was actually ABANDONING the cat outside and not just leaving it outside for certain period of time then this won't help you either. She can claim it wasn't actually abandoned and was just outside for a period of time, or that the cat got out, etc. you won't be able to prove this otherwise

I'm just saying that getting any sort of punishment to stick on situations like this is extremely difficult. I know firsthand from my job. It's extremely easy to weasel out of citations and law enforcement agencies largely don't want to deal with the hassle and cost of it. Which is why neglect cases about cats are many times very difficult to prove because it's already pretty much legal to neglect them already
>>
>>2293364
Okay, I understand, thanks for your response.
With any hope soon her drug habit will kill her in a largely slow and painful fashion.
>>
>>2293368
Honestly drug addicts shouldn't own pets. Or have kids for that matter. It's always the drug addict owners that I see involved in abuse/neglect cases, aggressive dog incidents, etc. it's so aggravating. Just a month ago there was a kitten who was found at a local drug addict/homeless person camp that was kept in a coffee can in a suitcase so he wouldn't run away. had an extremely painful untreated eye defect and a broken leg. Fuck those people. Fuck people like them

and I'm sorry the reality of the situation isn't better than what it is. It's extremely frustrating. I suggest getting the kitten to some sort of rescue facility or taking in themselves if you can. And reporting it, just in case something can be done. Don't get your hopes up though like I said
>>
>>2293375
Yeah well, as sickened as I was, I shouldn't have been surprised. She treats animals and even her own son as ornaments to her lifestyle. She had two puppies prior that she did the exact same shit with, and was using abortions as birth control up until she decided she was bored of puppies and wanted a child to screw up, which she subsequently became bored of as well

Assuming you're in veterinary care or similar, thanks for your services Anon.
>>
Why don't you advise your local shelters of this, get her blacklisted
>>
>>2293323
>>
>>2293375
Oh I forgot to add, I can't get the kitten to a rescue facility.
When I said she threw them out, I mean permanently, as in abandoned them. She threw a couple of few week old kittens out into the icy night and closed the door on them, so unless somebody stumbled past them I expect they are probably dead.
>>
>>2293400
Also look for those fucking cats and beat her for me
>>
>>2293403
I'm at university in Newcastle and she's on the other side of the country in the Lake District.
I found out about this a couple of hours ago, but she actually abandoned them a couple of days ago. If I could afford to travel back and search for them myself I would, but the nights here have been below freezing and the kittens were still very much babies, reality is they probably died the same night.

>>2293400
I was hoping that because I have evidence of her actually owning kittens in the form of her Instagram uploads maybe I could contact somebody that could go interview her about the kittens whereabouts and charge her with cruelty, but I guess since I don't have any proof she physically abandoned them, I just know because she was bragging about it to my mother when her son came back from visitation crying that "mummy had thrown his cats out".

I really wish I could beat her right now.
>>
>>2293409
>authorities
>calling your shelters to warn them
I don't think you get it
>>
>>2293416
But why should they believe me without proof? Besides, she doesn't buy from shelters, just breeders.
>>
>>2293420
She a druggie right? Theres your game, also smearing her on fb or on brit Craigslist would do fine, have you considered getting a personal army from reddit or something?
>>
>>2293426
I'm actually considering posting about what she's done on our local "Spotted in X" pages on Facebook. She has me blocked so she wouldn't actually see it herself, only hear about it via the abuse.
>>
>>2293431
Do it then, as i said doh, you need shills, take the story to reddit, they need no proof at all, and giving some basic info on her will do the trick
>>
File: IMG_0243.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>pretending it's illegal to put a shitty cat outside
>being this stupid
>>
File: Screenshot_20170107-033917.png (219KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170107-033917.png
219KB, 1440x2560px
>it's Baltic in the UK right now

It's between 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit in London (I'm assuming you live there because you didn't specify)

It's not even close to being cold. It's not even near fucking freezing. Maybe you should calm the fuck down OP. When it gets to pic related and your cats are on the streets, then we'll talk
>>
>>2293323
Poor helpless kittens. Fuck that bitch...hope she suffers the same fate they did. That shit makes me so angry.

I hope you can publicly shame her, at the very least.
>>
If she got them from a shelter then they would have been killed in a few days anyway, at least with her they have a chance. What do you want them to do, confiscate the kittens and stick them back in a shelter?

Cats are pretty self sufficient anyway, you don't really NEED to be a good pet owner to keep a cat healthy and happy as long as you do the bare minimum. I'd just leave it alone.
>>
>>2293904
>implying all shelters are high kill shelters
>implying healthy kittens aren't some of the easiest animals to adopt out so typically aren't even euthanized at high kill facilities
>implying an adult cat outside at night is the same thing as a kitten

kys
>>
>>2293357
>All cats, including those that live predominantly outdoors, need a safe and clean environment and protection from hazards

free roaming cats roam fucking miles you know? they don't just stay on your property. they can't be held responsible for the whole city not being a safe environment
>>
>>2293357
>but they also pose a threat to surrounding wildlife and populace around them.

there will never be any law preventing cats from being outdoor cats for this reason. people only care about the animals they can pet
>>
It's just a cat, dude. Chill
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.