[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>earthquake, tsunami, wildfire, flood You have to evacuate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170106-233709.jpg (777KB, 1438x1319px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170106-233709.jpg
777KB, 1438x1319px
>earthquake, tsunami, wildfire, flood

You have to evacuate your house in 30 seconds, are you able to get your pets out and with enough supplies for 3 days?
>>
30 seconds? What the fuck? even if you do get out of your house how the fuck are you going to escape in 30 seconds? Are you supposed to teleplort or something?

If you're going to make some retarded hypothetical, make it plausible.
>>
>>2293148
Not op
You're fucking stupid
>>
>>2293142
90 seconds on the last family drill, 30 is a bit unrealistic.
>>
>>2293142
not everyone has a normalfag pet
>>
Unless you have shit already packed youre not going to have the time to grab three days worth of supplies so the pets come first. Will have to sacrifice some, though.
>>
File: Mitsubishi Delica (5).jpg (88KB, 730x469px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsubishi Delica (5).jpg
88KB, 730x469px
i'll just grab my laptop, my dog and my rabbit if i can find her and go to my van which has everything i need already packed
>>
>>2293142
we don't get any of those here except maybe floods and not severe. hurricanes have at least 24 hr notice, usually longer. south florida has it's perks i guess.
>>
>>2293258

Thats why you have a bugout bag for you and your pet.
>>
>>2293257
This.
>grab snake terrarium, if in really big hurry then just scoop out snake and throw him into a box or something
As long as it isn't winter he will be fine and can go without eating for months
>>
We did a practice run just the other day, but it's been about 3 months since our last bug out practice. Pupper has grown enormous from 9mo to 12mo, and his pack no longer fits.
>>
>>2293142
why can't my dog just eat the nigs and spics looting TV's when I shoot them?
>>
>>2293142
> throw guinea pig into bird cage
> throw food tubs for all (one each for pig/bird pellets, one for seed, all stored in the same room as the critters) into bird cage
> grab bird cage and leg it

Prolly not a 30 second job, but it wouldn't be much longer. Besides, if all else fails I can feed the pig fresh grass and roots, and the tiels native flowers and seed, so I guess I'm good either way.

Believe it or not I also have a zombie apocalypse scenario which revolves around a decent sized plastic tub, a hose, and a bottle of nitrous oxide I have permanently borrowed from work. I'm sure you can do the math, but there are some scenarios where frankly, small animals will be an anchor in a world that would suddenly be very hostile to them. I'd rather release them than have them suffer should anything happen to myself.
>>
I have a terrible confession: I live in an earthquake and tsunami zone. With the potential for 7+ magnitude earthquakes and tsunamis up to 10m.

Late last year, there was a 7.5 about 150km? from us. We felt it even where we were, and it was massive. Things were falling off shelves and walls, but all our big furniture is bolted in place, so it didn't shift. There was much worse damage closer to the epicentre. It was night time, so no one was in any CBDs or anything, so only a couple of people died, but so many buildings have either collapsed or been condemned. Tsunamis were generated, there was a warning for 2m+ tsunamis in my area.

We didn't do anything.

We have no tsunami prep in place.

If we evacuate, there's a rise just behind our house and we're going to run up there then go back down to our house as soon as either the tsunami passes or fails to come.

On the other hand, we just had our house earthquake strengthened, and it's 98% to the code. As opposed to the measly 20-something it was before.

What I'm saying, is the cats are just going to fend for themselves. No one's going to waste time trying to wrangle them. One of the dogs can survive on just about anything.

The other dog is gonna die. I need like 5 minutes to sort his meds.
>>
>>2293458
Just use him as a rope
>>
If whatever is coming will wreck you in 30 seconds just getting outside isnt gonna save you.
You'd need a lot longer than 30 seconds to escape a Tsunami.
>>
your pets are more likely to already be trying to gtfo of your house before you even know it's happening
>>
>>2293142
>tfw have an aquatic turtle with fish

Saving the turtle is gonna be hard as fuck.
Best I can do is throw her in a box I use to take her to the vet and figure out what to do from there. (If winter, desperation might be putting her in my coat or something)

The fish will get rekt
>>
I'm going to grab my animal of course. Fuck no, I'm not wasting time to grab supplies if my house is on fire or something. The toys, food, and supplies are left behind. I'll just buy new supplies when I get to the hotel or a safe place.
>>
Also, I refuse to live near oceans. Fuck tsunamis, fuck hurricanes... I don't do tornadoes or earthquake areas either. I'm very happy up on my geologically stable ancient mountain ranges.
>>
>>2295195
The Ripley's Aquarium had a wildfire situation, and the police had to actually force the workers to leave. They were seriously prepared to die with their fish if it came down to it.
>>
File: 1463036501555.gif (432KB, 577x238px) Image search: [Google]
1463036501555.gif
432KB, 577x238px
>>2293261

Airburst
NEMP
Car wont start
you now have a van filled with shit you cant move.

10/10
>>
>>2293142
>Having a dog
You fucking plebeian subhuman scumbag.
>>
What's the point of bugging out? If it's a natural disaster you either aren't going to get any warning or everyone is going to get a warning, in which case good luck bugging out with everyone in your city doing the same.
You are already fucked if you personally are doing any acts that would require you to bug out, so why even bother. Running is just going to make your lawyer's job that much harder when they catch you.
>>
>>2297106

When there is a fire, flood or any other act of god about to destroy your home. We generally evacuate... good luck.
>>
>>2295195
turtles are real durable at least
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.