[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get along with the wild animals around my neighborhood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Discord_2017-01-05_21-33-22.png (282KB, 326x365px) Image search: [Google]
Discord_2017-01-05_21-33-22.png
282KB, 326x365px
How do I get along with the wild animals around my neighborhood? It's super freaking cold and I'm worried they might freeze to death, especially the kittens. How can I turn into the wildman?
>>
>>2293046
Trap, neuter, and return. That's the best you can offer to them if they are older then 6-9months.

You can contact local animal shelters/rescues, and see if they can help you out.

It's nice you are feeding them. If you can provide them with shelter then that would be even better. Check out some DIY feral cat shelters.
>>
>>2293058
This, helping the shelter trap and neuter is the good long-term solution.

Short-term: styrofoam shelters on some wood blocks for elevation with cheap blankets from goodwill. Tractor supply Co has good cheap bulk cat food. Water source is a must, it's the most important, since cats might overwise resort to drinking antifreeze puddles and other dangerous stuff. This is even more important than food.
>>
>>2293046
cats? a 22lr to the head will do the job perfect
>>
>>2293164
Thats fucked up dude
>>
>>2293075
Yeah, shelters something like this are good short-term help for feral cats. Even if you just get foam coolers and cut a holes in them and put hay in them, that's easy and cheap.
>>
File: 1462396876.jpg (77KB, 632x537px) Image search: [Google]
1462396876.jpg
77KB, 632x537px
>>2294126
Forgot pic.
>>
LE TYLENOL XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

(Work with a local TNR group. FPBP)
>>
>>2293046
they are an invasive species. they need to die
>>
>>2294121
I know right?
While a CB short doesn't have as much punch as a 22LR, it is much quieter. A must given the nature of pest control in populated areas.
>>
>>2293046
NO ANON NO! Don't feed cats or your yard becomes their breeding capital.
>>
Something like this can help a great deal.

I heard you can ask places where they sell meat (like butchers) if they have extra Styrofoam containers bc apparently meat is shipped in relatively big styrofoam containers.

You always want to alleviate the shelter too bc the ground has more moisture.

Cats getting wet = faster freezing too death, frost bite, etc.

also make sure to put two entrances. Some Feral cats don't trust anything with just one entrance. Eventually if that cats go inside you can also add flaps to the entrances to keep the heat in longer.

You can buy an already made feral cat shelter too on the internet, but many of them are expensive. I would try asking your local ASAP/rescues if they would be able to give you couple, or they might be able to sell you some for cheap.

Thanks for looking out for these guys!
>>
File: IMG_5258.jpg (82KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5258.jpg
82KB, 500x737px
>>2294590
>>
>>2293058
>>2293075
>>2294126
>>2294156

tnr is a retarded meme for bleeding hearts
they should just be dispatched
>>
>>2294599
If I remember correctly it stops other ferals from moving in?

Let's say only so many cats can occupy an area. New cats don't stick around cause they see there's too much competition for resources. Then the fixed cats eventually die off. Overpopulation solved.
>>
>>2294765

>If I remember correctly it stops other ferals from moving in?

No. Fixed cats are less aggressive than non-trapped cats and new ferals will easily displace fixed ferals. This is on top of the habit of all feral cats to periodically roam and establish new territories.

>Then the fixed cats eventually die off. Overpopulation solved.

Theoretically, in a situation where there's no influx of other ferals, all cats in the population are fixed, and no one ever dumps, loses, or lets their cat outside ever again. Conditions that are almost never meat, and why TNR is almost never successful.

>>2293046

>Feral cats
>Wild

If you give a crap about the actual wild animals around your community you will find homes for or drop the non-feral cats off at the shelter and poison the feral ones.
>>
>i have a mouse problem, better capture all the mice and remove their sex organs and put them back where i found them. that will solve it

is how retarded tnrfags sound
>>
>>2294799
I don't think I have a problem with them. I want to care for a few and make their miserable lives a bit more tolerable.
>>
>>2294922
you're helping nothing and no one except your own precious feels
>>
>>2294922
No. Feeding them is just enabling their misery. It even encourages more cats to the area, spreading disease amongst the population. Congrats, the poor miserable cat now has FIV on top of herpes and parasites.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.