[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my kitty. She just got fixed today. Hasn't ate or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 20170104_215946.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170104_215946.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
This is my kitty.
She just got fixed today.
Hasn't ate or meowed or anything but she did climb up on my fridge.

She seems to be in alot of shock atm and has finally calmed down fully and chosen bathroom as her sleepy spot.

How long does she need to heal before she can go outside?
She likes to be out but i doubt she will go out because its always super fucking cold in the winter here.
Was -20 out earlier.

And i found her approx -9 to 11 months ago so she probably survived harsh winter cold as a very young kitten. Would have died for sure if i didnt take her in.

Overall she is a great cat and doesnt cause problems but likes to kill and eat birds.
Smart little bitch too, definitely not a dumb cat by any means.

Worst she ever did was she started to shit in bathtub every morning so finally i had enough and sprayed her with the shower a couple of times, hasnt done that since!
>>
>>2292334
Well, if you gave a shit about your animal you wouldn't let it outdoors unsupervised. If you don't care might as well let it out now, it's apparently just a street rat to you.
>>
>>2292353
>don't fix cat, get yelled at to fix it.
>get cat fixed, want it to enjoy outside if it wants, get yelled at.
>keep cat inside, people don't visit because it smells like cat shit and piss

I clean out litter every day. Don't get to throw out garbage bag every day because i'd need to use small kitchen sized bags or throw out 1/4 full large bags.
Do you have any idea how long it takes a single man to fill a standard sized garbage bag? takes me 3-6 days at times and it can get pretty raunchy smelling in that time with piss and shit in it.

Cat nearly got ran over once so it doesnt want to be any where near road and there is train tracks on other side of building. So i know she won't go there either.

If shes out she can kill all the birds and squirrels she wants and i dont have to deal with shit smell.

My main concern with letting her outside is that there is a large dog 2 doors down and one in the apartment our back.

If i had ignored the kitten and let it die, i would probably be made out to be satan.

Like holy shit there is almost no winning.

I did try some scented litters and deodorant balls that you sprinkle in litter but it doesnt seem to cover up the smell that much.

I just want her to be happy and safe while not affecting my social life too much or my sanity.

Anyways this is the only triggered response im going to give so lets move on to solid solutions to this or other areas of topic.
>>
>>2292375
ever considered not having a cat?
>>
>>2292377
I like having the cat?
Completely non-constructive replied and honestly both replies so far haven't been on topic with what i posted in op.

It is impossible to argue with people like you and frankly i don't want the fight.
If you complain with no realistic solution, you get no response.

Yes of course i care about cat, why the fuck would i give it away after getting it spayed?
You cant honestly be this dense.
Its been inside since the end of september, FYI.
>>
>>2292384
no one here cares about your shitty cat
>>
>>2292375
Bro...who the fuck keeps the scooped litter in their house? Use a fucking walmart bag and walk that shit to your outdoor trash pickup every time. Lazy ass
>>
>>2292375
>acquires pet
>"I don't want it to effect my social life"

kys you don't need a pet
>>
It's common for animals to be wigged out and not eating the night after having surgery. She still has pain meds and other drugs in her system that are going to be messing with her appetite and attitude. If she still hasn't touched food by tomorrow afternoon, call your vet.

I'd keep her indoors for at least a week. Spays may be routine surgeries, but they're very invasive abdominal procedures and as such need ample time to heal. It's difficult to restrict activity on a cat, but at least don't be egging her into hard play mode for 10-14 days.

Make sure she isn't licking or fussing at her incision site too much. If she is, you can pick up an e-collar for a few bucks at most pet supply stores.
>>
>>2292375
>get smaller bags such as ones that contain bread, your Sunday paper, groceries, etc.
>doggy shit bags also work well for this, available at any pet store
>scoop litterbox daily
>tie bag at top when done
>place in sealable container, such as the larger plastic tubs some brands of litter come in
>seal
>throw out once weekly with trash
>>
>>2292334
Good job on getting your kitty fixed! With so many unwanted kittens in the world you've done a good thing, especially if you choose to let her outdoor. On average, the stitches take about two weeks to heal, during that time you should keep an eye out that she doesn't bite/scratch at them. If she does, get a head cone from your vet or (what I did) try getting a kitty sweater to put on her so she can't reach the stitches.

I'd really really advise against letting her out again, especially since you've mentioned 1. She kills birds and 2. Those two large dogs. Outdoor cats are one the biggest threats to birds, smalls mammals and reptiles. Plus, the risk of her catching something from her prey (and possibly transferring it to you) is not a risk you want to take. For you and your cat's sake please please please keep her inside, if you're afraid she'll get bored there are a myriad of resources to help her keep active and entertained out there (that I'd be happy to link to if you want).

As for the litter issue, what do you normally feed her? Diet can definitely effect the scent of her excrement. As for the litter itself, I use Purina Tiddy Cats and it works just fine, there's different styles you can pick from including one specifically made for covering the bad smell.
>>
>>2292375
>If shes out she can kill all the birds and squirrels she wants and i don't have to deal with shit smell.

You are fucking human scum, and the reason people hate cat owners.

Find someone responsible, and give them your cat.
>>
>all these accusations of being scum
>after OP literally takes in, feeds, fixes and treats nicely he otherwise has no obligatoins to
lol, /an/ really is full of irrational cunts
good on you op
>>
>>2292422
Just because a child can hold a gun, does not mean it should be trusted with it.

You are still a faggot OP.
>>
Please keep your cat indoors.
You know it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>2292334
You did a good thing OP. Thanks for fixing an unwanted cat and for ultimately preventing dozens of possible offspring. She's a cutie btw.

Try to keep her inside as much as possible. It's dangerous for her, to other animals, and you.

Simply reducing the time she spends outside will be a win-win. Ensure you put a collar on her with a loud bell. That possibility might scare off some of her prey, and is also a good way for you to find her location. Keep scratching posts around the house, and start triming her nails. Play with her lots as-well. It will help with her energy and run down her prey drive (+ bonding!).

Having toys and cat furniture in the house will also decrease the time she spends outside.

If you own your own place consider a catio (enclosed outside area). It will provide a safe area for your cat to get it's outdoor outlet. You can also train her to walk on a leash.

The outside is dangerous. I use to live in an extremely rural place and on my way home once a cat literally ran under my car and was killed. Our barn cats also would die frequently from other animals like foxes, bob cats, and coyotes. Don't unestimate the outside and the potential dangers.

Lastly, a huge element of a cats health is its diet. Make sure you are giving her the best diet possible. High quality Wet food is the way to go. The best diet, however, is a raw diet. That take some reserach on your end though.

Best of Luck OP xoxo
>>
>>2292375
Is the smell really that awful?
It could be concerning if you aren't exaggerating. It could be a sign of disease.
For example, I adopted a senior cat from the shelter once and it's shit smelled abosueltly awful, and I quickly discovered she had Lymphoma. She had other s/s too btw.

Your cat could have a health issue. Is she displaying any worrisome s/s? Poor coat quality, vomiting, very skinning, weak, etc.
is there blood in her stools or anything that doesn't look normal? Have you taken a stool sample to your vet? Make sure she isn't sick.

I use to have two strictly indoor cats in a 1 bedroom apartment. I had to clean their litter like 3x a day to make sure the house didn't smell. However the smell was contained by scooping out their litter box frequently and by using a lid on the litter box.

I didn't use any special litter. I did try to use walnut based litters. I didn't like my cats breathing in all those chemicals and dust.

To note both those cats where very healthy (and young), and ate high quality food.
>>
>>2292334
Train your cat to not be an idiot and keep it INSIDE! Not only is your poor cat in serious danger outside (can get by a cat, killed by other animals, etc.) they also are a HUGE threat to native wildlife. Kittys belong inside!
>>
>>2292400
Have seen plastic donut looking fucker at walmart that let you pick it up might try that.

2 weeks to a month doesn't seem like it will be that much time and it probably won't want out during winter anyhow.

Someone mentioned lymphoma, haven't had her bloodwork done or nothing but she seems healthy for the most part.
I will eventually get disease check.

I would love to keep it inside at all times the reason that maybe difficult is because apartment is 15ft wide by 35 long, with one door outside 1 to bathroom and 2 windows.
Think like crappy motel size.
Might try to move to another place, just is not easy to find nice place when not taking in much money.

I got her a generic tree and a few toys, most she does is jump at tail toy and chew it.

Doesn't like the large generic pate food but seems to really enjoy fancy feast shredded foods.

Haven't owned a cat before this so i had thought garbage is acceptable spot for litter. Good chance i will change that now.

Might be first and last cat i own.
Havent confirmed anything with doctor yet but is a chance i got cancer.
I will make sure she has a home if something does happen to me.
>>
>>2292375
>have cat but doesn't want to deal with cat

Why have a cat.
>>
>>2292384
>no realistic solution

Keep it indoors. It's not hard. Are you really so lazy that you can't figure out how to *not* abandon your "pet"?
>>
>>2292388
The same kind of bro that doesnt clean their fucking floor.
>>
File: cat-litter-box.jpg (145KB, 740x401px) Image search: [Google]
cat-litter-box.jpg
145KB, 740x401px
cats are so fucking disgusting

so hilarious you losers go through 7000 steps or make you shitty "pet" live outside just to not even get rid of the nasty smell
>>
>>2292646
I used to be that bro but im getting better about cleaning now.

I have done a whole lot of figuring shit out in the past 5 years.

I only have 4 items in kitchen sink right now and they are all clean.

Long way from how i used to be like.

My apartment isnt clean right now but its come along long ways from first time i had own apartment.
>>
File: 20170105_140104.jpg (2MB, 2240x3984px) Image search: [Google]
20170105_140104.jpg
2MB, 2240x3984px
>>2292454
>Is the smell really that awful?
it was for a while.
my friend described it as "my cat took a shit, and that shit took a shit, and that's how bad it smells"

>Is she displaying any worrisome s/s? Poor coat quality, vomiting, very skinning, weak, etc.
is there blood in her stools or anything that doesn't look normal? Have you taken a stool sample to your vet?

i seen blood in stool for a bit early on but she seems healthy and happy. that issue went away.
no shedding. only vomited when it gorged itself on food.
>>2292443
>Keep scratching posts around the house, and start triming her nails. Play with her lots as-well.
i gave her these 2 places to sleep/play and she loves them.
>Make sure you are giving her the best diet possible. High quality Wet food is the way to go.
what are the best brands? i give her fancy feast small ones and she likes them, doesn't like the large special cat ones won't even touch them.
>>2292408
> As for the litter itself, I use Purina Tiddy Cats and it works just fine, there's different styles you can pick from including one specifically made for covering the bad smell.
I have used tidy cats and max scoop and arm&hammer, as well as shitty non clumping in the bag at walmart shit. I like the arm&hammer one or tidy cats litter best.
>>
File: original.png (272KB, 481x347px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
272KB, 481x347px
>>2292400
>throw out once weekly with trash
>once weekly
Ugh, what the fuck? Just take it to the outdoor bin each day, ya nasty.
>>
>>2292400
I picked up a bunch of sandwhich bags like the kinds you'd put weed in without the seal

they are reversable and cost 1.50$ for 250 and can be tied up easily
I'll do this minimum once daily now.

one of the dogs that i was talking about came by today as i threw out the bag of piss balls, but i just yelled at it to go home and it left.
>>
File: IMG_4673.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4673.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2292718
Hmm I'm surprised she doesn't touch the other food. Ferals usually would eat anything. One of my ex feral cats literally would try to steal food off from my plate, would knock over the garabage can like a god damn raccoon, and once got into a birthday cake.

Anyway, you want food that lists actual meat as it's first ingredient with no artificial colors, preservatives, or excess carbs. Cats are MEAT eaters; they need protein. As far as store brands are concerned blue buffalo, Merrick, and wellness are good choices for the price.

Nice cat furniture btw cat Dad
>>
>>2293002
nope, little missy is starting to become a picky eater i think after the spay

even before spay wouldn't eat everything put infront of her, but try anything at least once.

the best what i know to get her to eat these days for sure is with the fancy feast 85g tins.
Usually she will eat 75% of it and leave a bit in the bowl, then eat the rest later in the day.

I typically try to feed them to her around 8 am- 3 pm, usually never later than 5 pm
>>
>>2293002
Nice cat tree. W2c?
>>
File: part0 (5).jpg (861KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
part0 (5).jpg
861KB, 1440x1920px
>>2293213

Hm, she must really like Fancy Feast. If that works then I would stick with that for now. You can always change it up later.
>>2293270
>W2c
I actually got this from Ollie's Bargain Outlet. It's a 7ft cat tree; pretty sturdy. It was around $90 and I had 10% off discount.

I waste so much money on my cats.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.