[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

May we have a Tarantula thread? Anyone in here own any? Been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 37

May we have a Tarantula thread?

Anyone in here own any? Been wanting to get into it since I was a wee lad. With uni coming up in two days, I may be able to escape this arachnophobic home and get one.
>>
I was just about to start an invert thread. Expect for a tarantula to basically be living furniture. You could keep one in a drawer if you wanted.

I have a green bottle blue that is still immature and I'm kind of worries about it. Recently my roommate's fucking cat became interested in the enclosure and tipped it off my dresser twice within a few days, leaving it buried and potentially crushed under a piece of wood until I came home from work both times. It still moves fine when prodded but it hasn't voluntarily moved from hiding at all since. This thing is still pretty small and has a leg span of maybe two or three inches, I kniw adults are pretty prone to bein crushed but I'm hoping its size left it unharmed. It's been four or five weeks since and it still has no interest in crickets. It has also been a long time since it has moulted and I'm worried that maybe that process was interrupted, or that it has injuries that aren't apparent. Any suggestions?
>>
>>2292337
Excuse all my fumblethumb typing
>>
File: Greenbottle Blue.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Greenbottle Blue.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
>>2292337
It might be close to molting, as tarantulas fast before their molt, sometimes for a few weeks, as you described.

If you suspect any injuries, put it in a small tupperware container or a glass bowl or anything transparent where you can see the underside without pinch-handling, which would aggravate any injuries. Be very careful and gentle when moving it into the container.

Also, how can a cat move an enclosure that easy? I'd suggest putting books around it/on top of it so kitty doesn't do anything silly again.
>>
>>2292340
It's pretty bare bones, just a small plastic critter keeper with substract, a piece of wood and very shallow water dish. It only weights a few pounds and is now taped down and surrounded by a minefield of cat repellant tin foil.
>>
File: Lasiodora-parahybana2.jpg (2MB, 2421x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Lasiodora-parahybana2.jpg
2MB, 2421x3072px
>>2292341
Well in that case, just go ahead and carefully inspect the spider through the Tupperware or whatever. Look for any cracks or fissures in the exoskeleton, especially in the abdomen, as it's the most vulnerable part and is easiest to injure. Look for any signs of her blood as well.
>>
Just got my first Tarantula two weeks ago! Its a G.Pulchra and I am hoping to get a second tarantula soon. Any suggestions? I was thinking about getting a Brazilian White Knee
>>
>>2292352
Yeah, I've looked over its abdomen pretty thoroughly and didn't see any issues. It still webbed up a burrow both times I fixed its housing too which I guess is a good sign?
I'm reluctant to do anything that will interrupt its moulting prep, so I guess all I can do is keep waiting. It has just never been inactive for so long. I get that tarantulas are about as close as you can get to having a dead pet though.
>>
File: Brachypelma_albopilosum.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Brachypelma_albopilosum.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>2292367
>I'm reluctant to do anything that will interrupt its moulting prep, so I guess all I can do is keep waiting. It has just never been inactive for so long

They can vary sometimes. I remember one of my friend's Rose hairs was practically dead to the world for six weeks straight. Initially we reached the conclusion that it was molting until the fourth week and then we got worried until two weeks afterward when we find her on her back and her old skin is halfway off.

best ways to tell is dulling of coloration, as well as any bald spots as a result fo hair flicking darkening up.

>I get that tarantulas are about as close as you can get to having a dead pet though.

Now that depends on species sometimes. I know that curlyhairs and Salmon Pinks are little bulldozers who spend all day customizing their burrow and enclosure only to sit outside the hide most of the time.
>>
File: 3884161756_75d132eb27_b.jpg (437KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
3884161756_75d132eb27_b.jpg
437KB, 1024x683px
>>2292365
White knees can be a bit bold, but nowhere near baboon spider levels. They're a good intermediate keeper's spider, as the humidity requirements take a just a wee tad more effort to keep up with, but it's nothing exhausting. Just make sure it's done constantly or they'll dry up.

For now, I'd keep sticking to beginner species like curlyhairs, rose hairs, Aphonopelma species, etc. Kinda work your way up the ladder. A Costa Rican Zebra might be your next wrung: relatively easy to keep and mostly docile, but sometimes nervous and skittish.
>>
File: Gpulchra.jpg (189KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gpulchra.jpg
189KB, 800x600px
>>2292365
G. pulchras are fantastic spiders, but don't expect it to get big and pretty for like a decade (assuming you got a spiderling). I've had mine for almost 3 years and they're only 1" long.

Brazillian White Knees are not a good second tarantula, they're quite fast and I hear their urticating hairs are nasty. >>2292374 This guy knows what's up.

If you're a high roller, you could always get one of the more colorful Brachypelmas. B. smithi is the most popular, but I prefer B. emilia.
>>
Do any of you have arachnophobia? Or maybe had it before owning spiders? I'm fascinated by them but absolutely terrified of them. I've watched a lot of videos on keeping tarantulas and always thought it would be neat to have one or even several, but at the same time I would have a hard time sleeping in the same house.

Not trying to ruin your thread with some sort of spider hate, just curious.
>>
>>2292404
>>2292371
What about a Green Bottle Blue? Is that a decent second Tarantula? I really appreciate the help!
>>
>>2292413
The best way I've seen people overcome their fear is by directly interfacing with a nice, friendly tarantula vid kinda related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCuTFS6c258&t=193s

now, if you haven't held a tarantula at all, I would recommend doing so before you try taking care of one. Not that handling is a requisite, especially with old world species. It's just that if you want to live with and take care of a big spider, you should try familiarizing yourself with them, especially if you're a little timid around them. In any way you can, find one at the pet store or more preferably someone you know who owns one and interact with it. Remember that different spiders have different personalities: a rose hair is normally docile, but that doesn't mean you can't meet a mean one. I've also seen king baboons who seem to have no problem being held while most of their kind rear up as soon as they so much as see you.

I remember meeting one of my friend's rose hairs and i discovered a trick that seems to work with almost every spider I meet. It's called "shaking hands." Some spiders won't essentially"rear up" so much as they'll kinda go half way, raising their front legs, but not baring their fangs a as a sign or wariness. To subvert this, the owner told me to "shake her hand", or put my finger under one of her feet so she can feel me and sense that I'm not a threat. it worked immediately and it's worked on pretty much every tarantula I've met since.

>>2292418
They're gorgeous, but can be kinda skittish. I'd recommend one once you've owned two or three, depending on what you want to do and how many you plan on owning.
>>
>>2292421
I was also looking at Brachypelma Boehmei. Any opinion on them as a second T
Now that I have been talked out of the Brazilian White Knee (Thanks, reading more about them now and it doesn't sound like the best idea for a second T) I am now considering the following three: Green Bottle Blue, Brachypelma Boehmei and The Costa-Rican Zebra
>>
>>2292426
I've heard some feisty things about the zebra, but your other 2 choices are fantastic choices and if I were you I'd just get both.
>>
File: Aphonopelma-seemanni-F.jpg (60KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
Aphonopelma-seemanni-F.jpg
60KB, 400x268px
>>2292413
You should check out Arachnoboards, its absolutely astonishing how many of the users are reformed arachnophobes. A lot of them say tarantulas are an easier way to confront arachnophobia than small spiders. Something about their size makes them register as "small animals" rather than "scary spiders."

If you've got any temptation at all to keep tarantulas, you should definitely give it a try. You can absolutely keep them without ever having to touch them (in fact you should never come in contact with Old World species). And if you find it doesn't work out for you, they're very easy to get rehome. Most tarantula keepers will happily take them off your hands, but you may need to mail them if you don't know anyone locally.

>>2292426
Aside from the pricetag, B. boehmei is an excellent second T. I find that my Costa Rican Zebras (A. seemanni) are a bit faster and more skittish than my North American Aphonopelma species, but shouldn't be too hard for a newbie as long as you're careful and keep a catch cup handy. I've never kept GBBs, but I hear they have a bit more speed and attitude.

>>2292421
I've never heard of the handshake trick, but I've nudged my big female Aphono's foreleg to coax her to move her foot out of the way. She bitchslaps me every time :'( I do have a Homoeomma sp blue that likes sticking its leg out of the airholes on its tank. Sometimes I give it a hi5 for lulz (it always gets startled and pulls its leg back in though)

Honestly I'd never think to touch a tarantula in a wary posture like that, but it's a really interesting thought. Tarantula courtship (really they only time they interact) is mostly stroking each other's forelegs.
>>
File: Harriet.jpg (23KB, 877x655px) Image search: [Google]
Harriet.jpg
23KB, 877x655px
>>2292569
>Honestly I'd never think to touch a tarantula in a wary posture like that,

Neither would I normally, but honest to goodness it actually works. Pic related was my friend's spider i tried it on. She was a total sweetheart after the handshake, and nearly every tarantula I've tried it with since has gotten just as cuddly and nice.
>>
>>2292330
I've been thinking about getting a tarantula to work past my arachnophobia, think it'll work?
>>
>>2292365
The growth rate of BWK is rapid and as juvis they are flighty and flicky. Mine was a little bastard but a good feeder and i generally never had any problems.

Tarantula enthusiast here. Just got rid of my current collection though.
>>
>>2292760
And to contradict this guy>>2292569 my Zebra was perhaps the chillest T I've ever owned. No aggression, no skittishness. If you get the right "personality" you'll be fine. To be honest you know what your collection is like after a few months with them, what to expect from certain individuals. Keeping tarantulas really isnt hard.
>>
File: Brachypelma_boehmei.jpg (197KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brachypelma_boehmei.jpg
197KB, 800x600px
>>2292723
see
>>2292421
Interfacing with them is the best way to overcome your fear, and if you think you're ready for that on a more intimate basis, go ahead. Just make sure you know what you're doing.
>>
File: Theraphosa_blondi_1.jpg (783KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Theraphosa_blondi_1.jpg
783KB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: IMG_1786.jpg (145KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1786.jpg
145KB, 1023x682px
>>2292367
As you said, all you can do is wait. I've had plenty of juvies/slings that would disappear into hiding. Even if it was damaged during the fall there might still be nothing to do. Hope it comes out okay.

Also bout time we had a tarantula thread. My L. striatus
>>
>>2292426
You're going to want to get an A. geniculata they're cheap and gorgeous and grow fast. Really rewarding. Not for handling though....though I'm pretty anti handling in general
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480728673309.jpg (78KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480728673309.jpg
78KB, 1080x720px
My C. albostriatum
>>
File: henry5.jpg (94KB, 1431x805px) Image search: [Google]
henry5.jpg
94KB, 1431x805px
B. smithi
1/3
>>
File: miep.jpg (196KB, 871x1548px) Image search: [Google]
miep.jpg
196KB, 871x1548px
Avic. sp. Peru purple
2/3
>>
File: jet.jpg (96KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
jet.jpg
96KB, 720x1280px
3/3 G. pulchra

Current wishlist;
A. geniculata
B. albiceps
P. irminia
H. maculata
P. metallica
>>
File: pet-rock.jpg (100KB, 1100x1082px) Image search: [Google]
pet-rock.jpg
100KB, 1100x1082px
>>2292330
I had a Chaco Golden Knee for years, but he turned out to be male and died. I was a little sad, but also pic related.
>>
>>2292337
Same thing happened to my scorpion, Fluffy, he died a few days later. A couple weeks later the cat managed to pry open my cockroach colony and just fucking ate a ton of cockroaches, so my bugs are all in a closet now where the cat can't get to them, or in bigger, heavier tanks.

The cat's fine though, I sometimes give him a cockroach to play with, he murders them pretty fast.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479326878128.jpg (135KB, 864x1296px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479326878128.jpg
135KB, 864x1296px
My H. sp Columbia large
>>
>>2294306
Dangerously tall cage
>>
>>2294801
It's an arboreal tarantula, they need more vertical space for climbing.
>>
I'm thinking about getting vietnamese centipede. anybody have experience? I REALLY want to keep it in a 2.5 gallon, but i've red that a 5.5 is the smallest you can go, additionally, I've heard they escape easy.

Ideally I'd like something I can put in a setup that wont take up a lot of room on my writing desk.
>>
>>2292337
catfags should kill themselves

>lol don't worry that my pet is killing yours, it's just a spider bro they don't love you
>>
File: 13234606.jpg (41KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
13234606.jpg
41KB, 450x450px
>>2295059
Centipedes are super pro at squeezing themselves through all kinds of narrow spaces. I hear a big plastic jar with a screw on lid is the best way to go.
>>
>>2295059
From what I've heard the Vietnamese has a pretty bad bite relative to other species.

If you can afford it (most people can't) people say S. gigantea is the best beginner as they are impressive, easy to keep, and not dangerous. Otherwise get S. polymorpha or another species without a bad bite.
>>
>>2295161
yeah, i've done my research on them and though jars are guaranteed secure, I have a pretty good history in design and fabrication, I should be able to get a lid cut and drilled for what I want.

>>2295165
>beginner

I may be new to inverts, but I have experience with animals across the board. I have ZERO intention of holding this fucking thing. It's bite will kill from what I've read. I'll look into those other two you mentioned though, but I don't think I can get them around me. not that they're outlawed, just not easy to come by anything other then big spiders, Vietnamese centipedes and bumblebee millipedes.

I've also considered a scorpion, but emperor scorpions are about all you can get around here, I love them, but they're fucking crazy pricey.
>>
>>2296051
>>2295165
S. polymorpha is no good for me. I don't like the look of them. if I could fine a black S. gigantea at a good price, I'd be all over that, though they seem to need a fairly large setup.
>>
>>2296051
>It's bite will kill from what I've read.
I think the only recorded death from a centipede bite was a little kid who got bit on the neck. It'll hurt a lot, but it won't kill you.
>>
Anyone know any reputable sites selling aviculari species? Living in the MD area, it's hard finding a good local shop and my suspicions are that I'm going to have to wait for it to warm it a little bit before any sites will fill comfortable shipping anything my way.
>>
>>2296057
>>2296057
Where do you live? If you live in the US or Europe you should have a decent selection of alternatives.

What do you dislike about S. polymorpha? The size, shape, or color?

Another genus of centipedes you could look at is Ethmostigmus that also get very large. Bites are not anywhere near as bad as the Vietnamese species.
>>
>>2292413
I was you m8
I couldn't even kill a spider because that meant I had to get close to them
Then I said enough is enough and bought myself a sling (B smithi)
Taking it out of its little pill box thing it came in and transferring it to its enclosure I had set up was probably hilarious and cringy to watch since it was done using Tupperware and the longest brush I could find
And it was a fucking sling, I doubt it could break skin if it had bit me.
I eventually let it walk on me and worked my way up to get more and more comfortable with it
Now I own 3 more and would have more but lack the space right now.
Tarantulas a cute!
>>
>>2296071
KenTheBugGuy, Net-Bug, and Stamps tarantulas are all reliable, but don't have much in the way of Avics right now.

Despite having the shadiest-looking website and name, PetcenterUSA is also very reliable. They've got several different species in stock right now.
>>
>>2296167
I've ordered 2 avics from Jamie's Tarantulas and they both arrived in great condition and have been fine up until now (2 years later)
They currently have 3 different types in stock, check them out
That's all I'd buy from them, tarantulas I mean, everything else is marked up to hell and back.
>>
File: 2017-01-11 23.07.50.jpg (331KB, 539x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-11 23.07.50.jpg
331KB, 539x720px
>>2294648
Good man. Pic related was my own.

>>2296051
Yeah nah it wont kill you but it could seriously harm a child or fuck up a small pet.

Be careful with centipedes going straight into the batshit aggressive ones however.
>>
>>2296061
still. I like living. and there's no point in handling them anyway, they're bite crazy. even if it doesn't kill me, it'll piss me off.

>>2296085
US, NJ to be specific. and there's not a lot of retailers around here. I like to see what I'm getting.

I'm going to sound like an edgelord with some of these reasons, but the S. polymorpha looks frail(it might not be but I don't like the appearance), and the exoskeleton has that weird almost translucent look that some smaller inverts have. I LOVE the contrast on S. subspinipes between the legs and the body. their plates look nice and solid, and the size is agreeable. I'll look into that other one too. I'm mostly concerned with a robust appearance and good color contrast.
>>
>>2296250
No children, I do have small pets though. shouldn't be an issue though, not if I'm careful and place enclosures a safe height/distance from each other.
>>
File: PrettyWoman.jpg (91KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
PrettyWoman.jpg
91KB, 800x548px
>>2296346
If you don't trust online retailers you're going to have a hard time getting into the invertebrate hobby. Not a lot of species are offered at pet stores and they frequently over charge.

>Robust appearance
If you kill a polymorpha by accident you shouldn't have pets. They are very hardy and forgiving. But I get you, no point in getting a pet you won't enjoy.

As for robust looking pedes you might like S. alternans, they're bite isn't as bad (still worse than the others mentioned) as S. subspinipes but they are more likely to try to bite you. I do not recommend doing pic related with any species.
>>
>>2296370
>If you don't trust online retailers you're going to have a hard time getting into the invertebrate hobby.

Truth. You can also look around at internet forums dedicated to inverts like arachnoboards, plenty of breeders who are willing so sell there. Also keep your eyes open for local reptile shows.
>>
File: s polymorpha %22blue%22.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
s polymorpha %22blue%22.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>2296346
You're crazy, bro. I love the look of translucent centipede exoskeletons.

Have you considered S. heros? They might be the easiest to get in the states. They're not the chunkiest pedes, but their coloration is very bold. I'm lucky enough to live in their native range. Only seen one in the wild, though. Still not something you wanna fuck around with, I know somebody who got bit on the ass and said it hurt for a month.
>>
>>2296370
>>2296423
The problem is less that I don't trust them, and more that these little shits come in a variety of colors. I'll look in S. alternans though.

>>2296577
I'm so picky with the kind of inverts I like that I didn't really have interest until recently. all the "bugs" I liked weren't able to be kept as a pet. I'll check out S. heros
>>
>>2296423
>local shows

This 100%. The UK has some great shows and some great arachnid / bug based ones where half of the stuff there isnt available in a lot of retail stockists and it's dirt cheap.

Additionally you get to talk to people who won't parrot care sheets theyre taught to say and often have a wealth of knowledge.

In my experience, as with most exotic animals (fish, reptiles etc), the Germans are the ones to talk with.
>>
>>2292330
I'm also at uni and I also kinda want to get a Tarantula or Scorpion. I've got no problem with them but something about the fact that they have more then 2 eyes makes me a bit skittish. But I still want to have one.
>>
>>2293972
Beautiful spider dude.
>>
File: IMG_20170112_233201.jpg (135KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_233201.jpg
135KB, 667x1000px
My Diplura came out to play.
>>
>>2296806
Tarantula eyes are in a tiny little cluster, you won't even notice they have 8
>>
>>2296807
Thanks! Bought her as an A. seemanni but she Def is not. Waiting for a molt to confirm L. striatus
>>
>>2296186
>>2296167

Thanks for the info guys; I was checking out Jamie's Tarantula's about two weeks ago and they were out, glad to see they re-stocked.
>>
File: P7310134.jpg (335KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
P7310134.jpg
335KB, 800x598px
What arboreal species can you guys recommend? I've been keeping insects for years and would like to branch out.

Any potential problems when starting out with a P. metallica?
>>
>>2298082
P. metallicas are fast with potent venom. I'd get a P. cam first to see how you handle that first. Some people will say P. cams may be a little too advanced for a first but you should be fine. I'd start with a sling. They grow fast and are hardy. Raise it to adulthood with no problems and then maybe get the P. met
>>
>>2298102
Complete somewhat former arachnophobia here but I've been seeing enough cute spiders on the web to kind of see them as gentle cuddly creatures.

I take it they would be an okay uni pet? I live in a small apartment so a dog would be too much, my suitemate is allergic to cats unfortunately so I am left with this (or maybe a reptile). Easy to take care of?
>>
File: avicversi.jpg (344KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
avicversi.jpg
344KB, 1024x819px
>>2298111
>uni pet
No, don't get anything with a significant bite. You'll want a new world species if you are going to take it somewhere with potentially drunken room mates or pets you can't isolate from it easily.

I suggest an Avicularia species instead if that is your intention. Avicularia versicolor is popular for it's colors. If you are willing to forget aboreal then a Green bottle blue (C. cyaneopubescens) is a hardy species that is good for a first tarantula.
>>
How much can you play with a tarantula? Are they just the kind of "chill on you/crawl on you" type of pet?
>>
File: XpK9sXY.png (540KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
XpK9sXY.png
540KB, 800x600px
>>2298111
You should ask if they're allowed at your dorm. If they're not, and you want one anyway, they're really easy to hide in the closet or something. I keep mine in an armoire, and just leave it open unless I expect a visit from the apartment maintenance crew.

Tarantulas are probably THE lowest maintenance pet. Very easy to take care of.

>>2298130
Avicularia have a reputation for being delicate and unforgiving of incorrect environments, but I think people overcomplicate it. My first was an A. minatrix and I haven't had any trouble with her. The key is to have lots of side ventilation, and a water bowl at the bottom of the cage.

>>2298502
They don't really do much. They're basically pet rocks with fangs. However, Euathlus sp "red"/"flame" (pic related) are known for being particularly "curious" and often like to explore when their cage is opened. If you're lucky enough to have a tarantula crawl onto you, be sure to savor the experience. They are so, so soft and their dainty little bug paws kind of tickle.
>>
how should i start with this hobbie?? i know absolutely nothing.
>>
File: brachypelma emilia.jpg (278KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
brachypelma emilia.jpg
278KB, 1024x683px
>>2298537
Lurk on Arachnoboards. Some of the grumpy old timers get pissy about newbies asking newbie questions, but most people will be happy to help you.
Here's a good caresheet resource, for many species common in the hobby
http://www.mikebasictarantula.com/Species-caresheet-Grouping.html

1: Start with New World tarantulas, Old World species are very fast and have a nasty bite. The Brachypelma, Aphonopelma, Euathlus, and Grammostola (excluding G. rosea/porteri) genera are all great to start with. Arboreal species are faster, more skittish, and a bit more difficult to care for, so start with terrestrials.

2: Terrestrial tarantulas want a box of dirt deep enough to burrow in, something to hide under, and a water bowl. Keep the substrate dry, most species hate wet dirt. Don't use a screen lid, they can chew through them. Most people use Kritter Keepers or plastic tubs with airholes drilled in them. Make sure the distance from the lid of cage to the ground isn't more than the tarantula's legspan. A fall of more than a few inches can kill them.

3. Tarantulas thrive on neglect. Keep the water bowl full, drop a cricket or a roach in there every week or two, use some tweezers to remove chewed up cricket wads, and you're good to go.
>>
>>2298082

That's a gorgeous spider holy shit
>>
File: lampropelma violaceopes.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lampropelma violaceopes.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>2298612
There's an improbably large amount of blue tarantulas
>>
>>2298740
The prettiest pet hole you'll never see :'D
>>
>>2298600
thank you for your help.
>>
File: 038.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
038.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>2292330
why not just an arachnids threads?
>>
File: 036.jpg (1MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
036.jpg
1MB, 4032x2268px
>>2298766
B. SMITHI
>>
>>2298766
Because the tarantula hobbyists usually don't care about scorpions and other cool arachnids and the addition would have a negligible impact on the content of the general. I wish more people like other inverts like centipedes, millipedes, mantids, assassin bugs, beetles, etc as well but it just really isn't there.
>>
File: 156.jpg (577KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
156.jpg
577KB, 2560x1440px
>>2298766
H. SPINIFER
>>
>>2298767
>sphagnum and plants
Aren't you keeping it a little moist? They like dry substrate.
>>
File: spidey.webm.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spidey.webm.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>2298772
fake plant and its dry sphagnum moss. she didnt really like the eco earth in the last set up too much.
>>
>>2298773
Ah ok. Nice T.
>>
File: IMG_1831.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1831.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2292330
My B. vagans

>>2293978
Beautiful anon.
>>
File: 20160712_201706.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160712_201706.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>2298775
i also have a spiderling

G. PULCHRIPES

give me a minute to figure out how to make a proper webm of it.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.