[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are labs objectively the best breed? I didn't want to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Are labs objectively the best breed? I didn't want to get one at first because they're so popular but then I realized they're number one for a reason. It seems they can do just about anything any other breed can do just as well.
>>
i prefer a lab cross
>>
>>2291649
Yes.
>>
Those are some strange looking golden retrievers.
>>
Because of that reputation they've been bred into the ground from a good sporting breed into obese cancer ridden dopey "companion" dogs that only cares about food and sleeping. It's a shame
>>
>>2291649

People will complain that they're a "boring" breed, but their temperament is great for first-time owners because they live to please.

Unfortunately, people tend to think that, because labs are advertised as good first time dogs, then that means that they don't need proper stimulation or exercise.
>>
Nothing makes me smile like a well-kept lab desu

People who let them get fat are heretics, they're such easy dogs to keep in shape and looking good too
>>
>>2291649
>best breed
but OP the pic you posted isn't of golden retrievers
>>
Enjoy your obesity and cancer rates.
>>
If you can survive the first four years, they make great family pets. Very active and wonderful for people who like water/outdoor activities.

They are prone to obesity, so you really have to watch their diet and exercise. Very food-motivated and will do anything for a treat so that helps with training.

Mouthiness is an issue, and those first four years of a lab's life will be hell. They have been the most destructive and stubborn dogs in my experience, like fucking demon-puppies on steroids. You really have to be firm with them because of the stubbornness and those first four years will test your patience to the extreme.

One of the top dogs to take to the beach, nothing is happier than a lab in the water.
>>
>>2291878
My old lab used to dig under the gate in my backyard just to get to the swamps behind my house.
>>
My mom always goes on about how labs have the best personalities. I thought she was just buying into the meme, but then I got some non-lab dogs. There's definitely a difference between them and my parents' labs.

It's too bad labs are so prone to tumors, though.
>>
File: Chesi.jpg (587KB, 1595x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Chesi.jpg
587KB, 1595x1196px
>>2291649
Only the Chesapeake Bay Retrievers because they have brains and can think for themselves.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.