[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your dog killed your cat what would you do? I raised him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0759.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0759.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
If your dog killed your cat what would you do?
I raised him from a puppy and he snapped.
>>
Pics or it didnt happen
If it did give him a treat
>>
File: 89869864968599.gif (660KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
89869864968599.gif
660KB, 500x500px
>>2291098
this
>>
>>2291097
Does your dog know he did wrong?
My doberman killed the cat but it was kind of my fault as I would open the sliding door and say get the cat! get the cat!
He knew he did wrong but I didnt want to scold him so in a low stern voice I said "no bad dog, you did a no no"
>>
>>2291097

catos are superior than dogs, put him to sleep OP and get a new cato
>>
Doggo did nothing wrong.
>>
shit happens, cats freak out over nothing. your dog is NOT well trained though and you should wrok towards making him more social
>>
>>2291097
You raised him wrong then.
>>
File: GT6HmONy.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
GT6HmONy.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>2291103
hello cuck
>>
>>2291097
bash his head with a stick until he dies and throw him out so the homeless dogs can eat him and buy a new dog
>>
>>2291097
hi otis
>>
>>2291097
nothing, just go on with your live
Shit happens, sorry
>>
>>2291097
Cats are Gods chew toys to dogs, op. He quite literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>2291097
dump it in doggy jail: shelter
>>
Nah. Wouldn't happen.

I have a pit/husky cross that I adopted at 8 weeks old and he grew up with the cat. When we're just hanging out they're cool, he has been trained to be gentle with her and when he does try to play with her it's a lot of nose booping and giving her his toy because he thinks she can throw it for him. He's also been taught from day one that chasing her is absolutely never okay

But, that being said, he is a cross of two breeds with crazy high prey drives. Huskies especially. I firmly believe that huskies are a breed that no matter how well trained, they should not be left alone with cats and or other small animals. So, if they are alone in the house, the cat is confined to the large second bedroom and he has the rest of the house. When he's being fed she isn't around because dogs can easily get protective of their food and even though I'm careful to train him to not resource guard it's not a chance worth taking. Same thing with porkhide treats and kongs, he only chews those in his bed, and she has enough sense to not go near his bed anyway. I really don't think he would ever actually hurt her, but I really am not going to take that chance with how strong that prey drive is

if youre responsible about it then there's an extremely low chance it would happen anyway, short of your dog having a neurological issue or something. There's a reason most of the time a dog kills a cat the cat was either outdoors, they were left unsupervised together, or the owner was shit at training their dog. Especially a combo of the last two. at work, almost every time a dog gets surrendered for killing a cat it's a case where the owner came home to find the cat dead because the dog was alone with them and went after it
>>
>>2291097
My dog kills all mammals but people and dogs. Loves people loves dogs (to the point of letting passing strays sleep in his dog house) but kills any other critter
>>
>>2291133
Good boy
>>
>>2291106
Hola cuckito
>>
my dog killed a cat in the yard

i didn't care

i don't like to smell like piss and shit so i don't keep them, myself
>>
>dog eliminates the source of OP's brain parasites
>this is somehow a bad thing

You'll be thinking clearly in a few weeks, thank your doggo then
>>
I have two dogs, and two cats. I can tell you that I would be absolutely devastated. There would be a reasonable chance that I would not be emotionally capable of looking after that dog any more. As much as I love the dogs, the cats are my very dear little companions and they were here firest. I would have the dog rehomed, and if rehoming was not a feasible option, then euthanised.

I would also tell you that I take very careful measures that the dogs only interact with one of the cats and only under extremely strict supervision and in a controlled environment. The other cat is too prey-like and not relaxed enough to allow interaction without the dogs wanting to chase.

I know that both dogs would cheerfully kill any cat, even one of my own, if the cat moved in such a way as to trigger their prey drive, which they both have in buckets.

They are never left alone together, or left with any way of reaching one another while we're all out. So the chances of either dog killing either cat are miniscule. There would have to be a spectacular failure of protocol for that to happen.
>>
>>2291132
Pretty much this. Some dogs will never be safe with cats no matter how well trained they are.

My husky grew up with my cats. She usually gentle with them but there are times where she gets too excited and suddenly snaps at them. I don't even leave them alone together when I go to the bathroom. It's not the dogs fault. They are predators and hunting breeds especially will always have trouble resisting their instincts.

If you really can't get over the fact hes killed another pet then rehome him. Just make sure the new owner is aware of his history and that he shouldn't be housed with small animals.
>>
>>2291097
He's not trained well enough to be in the presence of people if he just snapped. I would consider putting him down if training doesn't help. I foresee him mauling a small child.

Or this is thinly veiled cat b8 thread which never get tiring.
>>
>>2291141
Ahh you. You are literally on this board 24/7
>>
>>2291180
>the one guy who thinks cats are disgusting
>>
>>2291132
>Huskies especially. I firmly believe that huskies are a breed that no matter how well trained, they should not be left alone with cats and or other small animals.
This.

Girlfriend's husky did well with small dogs and cats growing up. But when she brought it out to visit, it made a direct path towards a roaming chicken of mine and killed it the second it got out of the car.
>>
>>2291268
That pretty much describes every dog not raised with chickens.
>>
Sorry to hear that Anon, that's rough.

>>2291175
Prey drive and actual aggression are two different things. You're right that viewing a child as prey could be a problem, though.

My aunt and uncle's dog killed their cat (among various other small wild animals). They were sad about it, but understood that she's a hunting breed and just doing what's natural for her. She's very friendly towards people, though.
>>
>>2291273
any dog that at any point consider a child prey should not be trained but put down
>>
>>2291275
then I guess all huskies and most shepherds or herding breeds should be put down then
>>
>>2291277
What? All huskies try to eat kids?
>>
>>2291749
Many do. Huskies are one of the highest prey drive dogs. Small running, shrieking children excite them. Excited dogs chase and nip.
>>
>>2291277
If they cant recognise a human, yes
Would they confuse a puppy with a prey item too?
>>
>>2291801
>Would they confuse a puppy with a prey item too?
Yes. Most the dogs in my local shelter are husky/shepherd mixes with the occasional purebred here and there. Almost all of them ended up there for either biting children or killing cats/small dogs. If the retards that buy them did any research beforehand, they'd know that no decent breeder would ever advise housing them with small animals or young children.
>>
File: IMG_0031.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>2291106
I used to work there
>>
Praise the dog for not taking bullshit from a shitrat
>>
>>2292023
"shitrat"
Fluffybooru?
>>
It's a sign that you're a shitty owner and should not own any kind of animal.
>>
>>2292076
A Shitrat is apparently a cat
>>
>>2291097
Praise him
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.