[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been pretty lonely for a few years and it's starting to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: lonly-5-3-13.jpg (27KB, 620x376px)
lonly-5-3-13.jpg
27KB, 620x376px
Been pretty lonely for a few years and it's starting to get to me. I wanna get a pet but I'm not sure how to go about choosing one or finding resources for caring for it once I've got one. Just want something that will keep me company. I like reptiles and fish a lot but they don't seem like pets I could really connect to. I'm thinking about a cat. Any tips for a first time pet owner?
>>
>>2290254
Get a dog. Dogs are true companions, and they're a great way to get out and meet people.
>>
Can't tell you much without knowing about your lifestyle.
How often are you away from home?
Are you an active person?

Cats are rather easy to care for compared to dogs. Throw a ball or get a laser pointer and your done in terms of exercising. No housebreaking required and far less behavioral problems. You'd probably be better off getting an adult cat since you just want companionship.

Things like rats and rabbits are even easier to look after. Rats in particular are great. Only downsides I see for rats is they don't live very long.

Dogs are really only for outgoing people. Dogs need constant mental stimulation and socialization. If you aren't going to exercise it and have it meet new people/expose it to new situations, don't bother. You'll just end up with a neurotic animal that's either fearful, destructive or aggressive.
>>
>>2290254
i want a pet too since I have no friends but my parents won't let me own one. And before you ask, yes I am over 21 and still live with them sadly.
>>
>>2290280
I'm home most of the time. Not a very active person, but I could change that. I guess I worded the "companionship" part a little poorly. I didn't mean that I'm so lazy that I want a pet that doesn't need much from me, I just meant that I want something that I can really spend time with. In other words, nothing that is gonna stay in a tank all the time, no unfriendly cats that only come to me for food, etc. Definitely leaning toward a cat though, I feel like I naturally bond with them pretty well.

>>2290294
I feel you. I'm 23 and still living with my dad. Only just recently got him to understand my reasons for wanting a pet.
>>
>>2290254
Cats can work. I would best recommend them if you live near the woods or got mice in your garage actually. A predatory cat is a happy cat.
You gotta get it very young. It'll be more attached to you if you let it imprint. Also neuter around 6-8 months. Culls lots of jerkass and horny behavior without making them any less lively.
People don't understand they gotta let cats go at their own pace. They're loving, but you gotta treat em right, which sometimes means less clinging.
Also what the other catfag said. Cats seem clean, they learn to use litterbox from parents or on their own. Never had any problems with like 6 cats from different litters.
We let them out, but none have been hit/injured. If a fox (rare here) grabs them that's just nature.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.