[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>didnt expose their dog to new sounds or situations as a puppy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170101-053558.jpg (795KB, 1390x1119px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170101-053558.jpg
795KB, 1390x1119px
>didnt expose their dog to new sounds or situations as a puppy.

BAN FIREWORKS! THEYRE CRUEL TO MY DOG!
>>
What if my dog is a rescue and I never had the chance to socialize him?
>>
>>2289852
fireworks days were always the worst when i worked for a microchip company. i'd have multiple calls about the same dog throughout the night because the owners kept putting her outside. one guy said he refused to keep his dog inside because it was trying to eat through its kennel so he put it outside and it dug a hole through the fence and escaped.

I also think a lot of the fear dogs have is because the owners are expecting the dog to be scared. I mean people who will automatically pick up their dog and "soothe" him or make a big deal about the noise. The first time my puppy heard fireworks he stood up and stared at me, i said "its ok" and he lied back down. now he doesn't even react
>>
Fireworks should be banned desu.
>>
>>2289853

Why arent you doing it now? And stop playing a victim vicariously through your animal.
>>
>>2289852

My dogs are completely indifferent to fireworks. The worst thing you can do is try and comfort and soothe the dog yourself. If you were indifferent and went about the daily routine the dog would be much more calm and see that there was nothing to worry about.
>>
I wish they'd ban fireworks in Michigan again. Or at least let cities regulate them. My fucking neighbor is setting of a mortar.

My Brittany looks like she's going to die of fear, and she's a gun dog for Christ sake.
>>
>>2289974
I am. Counterconditioning is a long, long, tedious process. This isn't something that goes away with an afternoon of training and treats.
>>
The first nearby one always gets his attention, but then the rest of the night he's spawled out on the floor.

We have a lot of gunfire around here (rural, predators and the like), and I'm pretty sure the only reason he reacts to the first one is because I react and look around.
>>
I took my 4 month old puppy to see the fireworks. I gave her a dental stick to keep her occupied. She jumped at first but didn't give a fuck once she realised no one else was bothered by it.
>>
idk man some dogs are just pussies

incidentally, my yard dog has never been afraid of fireworks or thunder
>>
>>2290177

Multiple layers of gr8 b8.
>>
I took my dog home the day before New Years Eve. He has never been afraid of fireworks. I walked him earlier today and someone started early with the firework. He jumped a little at the first one (I did too), but after that he just ignored it.
>>
>>2289852
Why did that pic make me laugh
>>
My dog tried to chase them. But I joined a local crime Facebook post and all it is is older women crying that people went and bought illegal (100% legal in my city) fireworks and m80s and keep calling the cops. They're still petitioning after years to get them banned in the city because their dog is scared.
>>
File: image.png (368KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
368KB, 750x1334px
>>
My dog gives less of a fuck than I do.
I find fireworks to be a bit obnoxious most of the time. At least we only have 3 days a year anyone actually fires any of.
>>
>>2289852
>first dogs
>now whiny army vets

What's next?
>>
>>2290188
it's funny because that legitimately wasn't bait, it was true.

the dog i left outside and didn't bother to socialize for 4 years turned out fine. i mean, we put him in a cage in the garage after 9pm and didn't leave him out to bark all night because that would've driven us mad.

he'll be 9 this year and he's an inside dog now except for like a 1 hour walk a day but he takes stormy weather and sudden loud noises a lot better than i do.
>>
>>2289852
Every dog I've ever had or knew growing up was afraid of fireworks, but my pup was so calm last night. And the weirdos in my country have been shooting off fireworks at all hours all week. I didn't know that it was possible for dogs to not be rattled by them since they're so loud.
>>
>>2289852
firecrackers suck in general. their literal purpose is to give you hearing damage.

lamest shit ever. and since dogs have much more sensitive hearing they'd better be scared of firecrackers, lest they go near one

if you like bangs so much why dont you put the firecrackers right in you ear? that way they will be REALLY LOUD, DUDE

hth
>>
>>2290334
I'd be ok with banning firecrackers.
The only purpose they have is being loud and destroying shit. As a firework they're worthless and unimpressive. At least make a colourful fireball god damn
>>
>>2289852
My little dog has an amusing reaction to fireworks - he doesn't panic or anything but he makes these little hops in place after each pop and adds a little 'uff!' whenever he hears particularly loud ones.
>>
>>2289852
Fuck those are some NICE floppy dog ears I want to poke them
>>
Neighbors were going off last night yelling at people to stop shooting off illegal Chinese fireworks and to stop shooting guns. No one shot any guns and the closet fireworks were like 5 blocks away. Crazy dog people are insufferable.
>>
>>2289852
I will admit, when I worked night shift and had to sleep 4-10pm, fireworks were fucking insufferable. I pity anyone who lives by neighbors that love fireworks and have night shifts. I can't fucking sleep with that shit going off. Unfortunately there's not much to do about it.

My dog would at most hide under the bed, but if anything it was probably a reaction to me being pissed and frustrated.
>>
I'm living in a shithole country that must have just got fireworks recently because people have been setting them off all hours of the day and night for the past week, and still today on Jan.1

Things could be worse, OP.
>>
>>2289852

All my dog did was bark a bit and I think that's more because she couldn't see where the noise was coming from.
>>
Moved out of my ghetto apartment this year and didn't hear a single firework in my nice upper middle class town

Guess you just shouldn't live near niggers
>>
>got a pup this year
>last new year she was 10 days old so this was first real new years for her
>very friendly and calm parson russel, not afraid of anything
>on new years eve, go out at 7pm as usual for the last round of the day, thinking everything will be calm because it's only fucking 7pm
>on the way back these retarded fuck faces explode like 5 huge firecrackers at once about 150m in front of us
>shit sounded like a fucking IED
>dog goes into absolute panic mode, shaking uncontrollably, weeping and trying to run home
>can't calm her at all until we get there
>she spends rest of the night in a corner on the couch shaking
>today she's afraid to even go outside

I'm not an edgelord normally but I wish these fucking wankers blew their hands off. I don't mind fireworks but at least wait until midnight you fucking subhuman pieces of shit.
>>
>>2289974
Some people dont play victim through their dog

I know its a common mindset for assholes who just want to brag to any company they have over

But cmon, you wouldnt adopt a dog who had it rough? If i see a dog limping and starving then im taking it
>>
>>2289853

You chose to adopt a dog that was under socialized knowing full well that people hoot and holler on New Years. Make preparations for your dog and just deal with it how you can, don't go and ruin everyone elses fun because you made your own choice.
>>
>>2289872
That's pretty much what I did with my dog the first time we ever had lightning. She stood up and looked at me, so I looked outside, looked at her, and went back to reading.

She's only had one issue one time when it was hailing, so I let her get up in bed with me, but then after about thirty seconds I got up and went to make some tea. She followed me out, but then quit being scared after that.
>>
>>2290501
>upper middle class
Kek. Maybe come back when you live in a much nicer neighborhood. The upper middle class is too busy being wage slaves to have fun. The lowest house for sale I've seen in my neighborhood was 800,000. Every holiday it looks like a professional fireworks show.
>>
>>2290659
>Every holiday it looks like a professional fireworks show.
also helps that you don't live in a state too dry for the authorities to let you shoot fireworks. afaik most/all districts only allow professional fireworks shows.
>>
>>2290659
>The upper middle class is too busy being wage slaves to have fun.

the only people who enjoy lighting anything bigger than sparklers are fat rednecks
>>
>>2290737
Then why do the rich go all out? The poor wish they could have what the rich light off.
>>
>>2289852
Should I bring my dog with me when I browse /mu/ then?
>>
>>2290144
Lol you sound exactly like my neighbor and I'm in Michigan. I don't give a fuck I will keep setting them off it's legal bitch.
>>
>>2290640

This. Besides, any dog that's been through shit and still wags his tail at me is a bro through and through.
>>
>>2290753
This. I'm in Michigan and on the days it's legal the neighbors cry their eyes out about their dog being afraid.

One went as far as to call the cops and said I'm setting off military mortars and shootings full auto rifles in the air. Cop came and chilled for a short bit and lit some fireworks as well before leaving.
>>
The last few years I've been poisoning my neighbors dogs before 4th of July. The retards keep getting a new one.
>>
>>2290755
>shooting full auto rifles into the air

2/10 made me reply
>>
>>2289852
Can we all agree that bandanas are the effyest dog accesory?
>>
>>2290774
Those were her words. We had lots of firecrackers and shells though
>>
File: 1386213156642.jpg (50KB, 252x234px) Image search: [Google]
1386213156642.jpg
50KB, 252x234px
My dog is pretty scared of fireworks. I wouldn't want to ban them and ruin everyone else's fun though. Call me cruel, but she can deal with being scared of fireworks in the comfort of our home twice a year.
>>
I was worried about the fireworks with my puppy (just turned 1) but luckily it rained before I got home so fireworks didn't start until I was there. I was reading this thread, getting all prepped for his freak out, and then they started. Big guy just went about his business, dug around in his toy chest, chewed his bone, whatever.

Then I remembered that Disneyland is literally fucking 8 miles away and they set off fireworks every single night. I got so accustomed to hearing it that I stopped paying attention to it, and I guess he did too.
>>
>>2290739

Because the rich always have something to prove, as evidenced by the bragging.
>>
My dog just ignores them, they don't effect him in the slightest.
Then again he's the strangest dog I've ever seen, he doesn't like going for walks and prefers to play at home, never barks at strangers but will bark at you if he wants to play or gets too excited, he's scared of any male dog of any size but will chase female huskies and pitbulls (he's a miniature pinscher).

I love him but he's fucking weird. Also likes to eat paper tissues.
>>
>>2290806
NICE! Tell me, Are her ears floppy?
>>
>>2290811
Funny when you think about how both our species share remarkable adaptability.
>>
>>2290904
My neighbors had a dog that's ears were so floppy they almost touched the ground. Then I poisoned it because "stop scaring our dog with fireworks we are calling the police". Dog owners always seem to need a safe space wherever they go:
>>
Took my dog to a fireworks show when he was a puppy , he didn't give two fucks , surpised me .
>>
File: 10438071_t.jpg (7KB, 199x112px) Image search: [Google]
10438071_t.jpg
7KB, 199x112px
>>2290950
Go fuck yourself Toxoplasmoisis non-floppy eared subhuman primal dick sucking spider special snowflake lizard fucking piece of shit nigger do die in a hell hole for harming dog ears
>>
>>2291156
I don't have a cat.
>>
>>2291156
Is this like the "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" of /an/?
>>
>>2291188
Nah, he's just the latest version of the 'tism of the site manifesting into "human" form
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.