[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me, or is this not the most terrifying, hellish creature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hell.jpg (4KB, 209x129px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
4KB, 209x129px
Is it just me, or is this not the most terrifying, hellish creature in existence? I have such an aversion to these things that I'd rather encounter a grizzly bear than touch one of these. Am I the only one that finds these animals very disturbing? You literally could not design a creature more repulsive than this. They are a nightmare.

Anybody else with me?
>>
>>2289729
...a grasshopper?

The worst thing a grasshopper has ever done to me was barf up some of that brown shit on my hand. They're pretty cute desu.
>>
>>2289730
That's a locust but same thing really. Most people have your response. Why am I so repulsed by these things? Ever since I laid eyes on one as a kid I've been hardcore triggered by them. Lol is there nobody else who feels the same way?
>>
>>2289734
It's the legs that set me off and their ability to just zoom around woth them. It's just too much
>>
what
>>
>>2289729

I use to keep these as pets growing up. They lived in my Barbie house right next to my tank of pond caught cray fish.

Now house centipedes.
Nightmares.
>>
>>2289729
You might like reading The Infested Mind: Why Humans Fear, Loathe, and Love Insects
It had some pretty neat examples of people that feel the same way as you along with how to overcome it if you want.
>>
Maybe your distant ancestors had problems with locusts
>>
It's not just you. I'm terrified of most larger insects and spiders.
>>
>>2289729
fuck, when i went to mexico for OE, after the kids had finished school for the day they would go and pick these big green fucks that looked exactly like your pic related but like twice then they would chase the tourists around with them, they had fucking figured out how to grab them without them flying away or jumping or scratching. these little kids, no more than primary school age, fuck, they detect the slightest fear and will start chasing you around. don't go to south mexico op. you can avoid being chased by saying no, gracias when they offer the bug to you. jesus these kids are fucking fearless
>>
>>2289729
>>2289734
Clearly you were a farmer who was struck by a plague of Locusts and died of starvation in a past life anon.
>>
>>2289729
no, but I fucking hate crickets
I think they are absolutely disgusting, every Gryllus sp. or similar genera are just intolerable to me.
And that comes from a guy who breeds several different arthropods, including roaches, ablypygids and assassin bugs

They are OK for me if they are dead, but living ones? No thank you

pic related, my worst nightmare
>>
>>2290386
Ha! I know exactly what you are talking about. I love all kinds of inverts, but there's something about the cricket's fleshy body that I just fucking hate. Plus, when I was a kid and my brother kept anoles, crickets kept escaping in the house and creeped me out whe I saw one running across the floor.
>>
>>2289729
I feel you man. Grasshoppers freak me the fuck out. Every real life encounter with them has been hell. I love learning about locust plagues though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.