[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh, don't mind me. Just turning down the AC to freezing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Oh, don't mind me. Just turning down the AC to freezing so I can film some ASPCA commercials.
>>
Ok
>>
>>2288939

I haye the fact that they rake in so much cash with those heart-wrenching, manipulative commercials and shelters see maybe 10% of it if they're lucky. Granted, I'm not sure if the ASPCA is as bad as the HSUS, but after all the shit that came to light about them, I've stopped trusting 'umbrella groups.'
>>
>in the arms of the angels...
>>
>>2289005
I never trusted them before, but what stuff came to light with them?
>>
>>2289009

https://www.humanewatch.org

They're shit. Fins your local shelter and donate to them directly; most accept paypal nowadays anyways.
>>
>>2289005
I donate frequently to my local Humane Society chapter. Cannot say I have every given directly to the HSUS though.
>>
>>2289014

If you're giving directly to your local Humane Society, you're doing it right.
>>
>>2289005
stop talking shit about the ASPCA for things the HSUS has done

and aside from that, if you look at what the ASPCA does a lot of it isn't even intended to go directly to shelters. They do a lot of grantwork, but a lot of their resources go into other programs like aid in disaster situations, aid to low income pet owners with stuff like low cost spay neuter, and education projects. I think the ASPCA themselves only have like two adoption centers
>>
>>2289012
lol yeah that's about what I always expected.
>>
>>2289020

It's still better to give directly to low-cost clinics and disaster relief programs than it is to give to umbrella groups. I personally like knowing my money is hoing towards what it's supposed to instead of free gifts to donors and commercials, but w/e.
>>
>>2289033
>>2289005
This has always been the case of umbrella groups. Pro-tip, if you are donating to ANY umbrella group, the same shit is happening with them. People are just fucking dumb and donate to whatever they see on TV.

I will admit the HSUS is much worse than the ASPCA as far as transparency goes, and PETA manages to be worse than both combined.
>>
>>2288939
I don't get it do they do this to make the animals shake for the commercials...?
>>
File: Kawaii Spider (4).jpg (41KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
Kawaii Spider (4).jpg
41KB, 500x381px
>>2289012
>tfw the shelter I work at is in their list of recommended pet shelters
>>
>>2289115
I think that's what OP is implying, regardless of whether or not the shelters actually do it.
It's supposed to be like a joke or something.
>>
Although it's mainly not-American thing, the poorest of shelters accept items and food. It's a lot of work, to to order from shops with delivery or bring them things physically, but it's a big guarantee that it will go directly to needy animals.
Although the important thing is they of course don't accept something like mart kibble because they are potentially in for huge vet bills for treating kidney stones and such, sometimes you only need a month or two of shitty food to tip the scales towards illness on already mistreated animal. Call them or look trough their item lists on their blog page or site.
>>
>>2289289
If you have dog or cat food, I'd actually suggest giving it to a food pantry. They give out animal food too, and many shelters won't accept most dog and cat foods, at least not dry food, because constant diet change causes a ton of stress and massive stomach issues.

Unfortunately most shelters I've seen won't actually tell you what they do and do not accept, they'll 'take everything', however most will shift their resources around to other shelters and rescues and food pantries and homeless shelters if they have too much or things that they can't use.
>>
>>2289005

I'm enough of a jaded human being that I realize only local donations, especially those of food/time/toys do anything.

Sad commercials have no power over me anymore.
>>
What about tax returns? Don't you guys give money to huge charities just because it's easier to fill the papers this way? Or it's just a loud lazy minority, isn't it?
>>
>>2288939

Because Sarah M. nipples?
>>
>>2289012
>Center for Consumer Freedom
I wonder who's behind this post?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.