[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 2 year old dog is suffering from hip dysplasia. He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1477267824716 - Edited.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1477267824716 - Edited.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
My 2 year old dog is suffering from hip dysplasia. He's had it since he was a puppy but I always assumed his issues had to do with growing pains or mental adjustment since he was rescued from a shelter. I now see the signs for what they are and I want to help him live a better life. I cannot afford surgery, likely the alternative treatment options will bleed me dry money wise. I feel like I have taken on a burden that was too big for me and I feel terrible for it. I would like to give him to someone who can afford to take care of his treatment. Does this sound like a viable option? Am I a bad person if I try to just make the best of his life without getting the surgery?
>>
Call all the vets in your area and surrounding areas if needed to see if you can set up a payment plan with them for the surgery
>>
File: sulphur 200c800.jpg (73KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
sulphur 200c800.jpg
73KB, 800x804px
Homeopathy can be used to inexpensively and quickly heal hip dysplasia. The homeopathic veterinarian of this article states that "A single dose of Sulphur 200C" is an effective cure. (200C means a sulphur mixture has been diluted in a ratio of 1:100 two-hundred times)

http://pivh.org/library/library-examples-2/homeopathic-treatment-of-hip-displasia-in-a-dog-by-sarah-stieg-dvm-mrcvs-and-lisa-melling-dvm-cvh/
>>
>>2287262
please don't do stuff like this, I know you think it's cute or funny or whatever but people here ARE dumb and poor enough to try it
>>
Update: I'm not sure anymore that what my dog suffers from is hip dysplasia. He was in a car accident as a puppy, the exact nature of which is unknown, but he has scars on his paws, the back two being the worst, and he has a tendency to injure his right hind leg.

The recurring limping of his right hind leg being the biggest issue, others I have noticed are:

In general he dislikes going for walks. He is more than willing to wander around my yard and my neighbors yards but requires coaxing to go on an actual walk away from my house. Sometimes he will even resort to aggressively humping my leg, which I know sounds funny, but I'm pretty sure is a release of nervous energy or a protest because he only does it when I try to make him go for a walk when he doesn't want to.

If I take him to a park or another part of town he willingly will "walk around" with me but in general has trouble with the whole aspect of walking for sake of walking. Stops to sniff everything, tries to go in different directions. I know the frequent stopping can be normal for dogs but in my dogs case I think it ties into the injury and some sort of hidden pain that he experiences during long walks.

I say hidden because the dog almost never shows any signs of pain. Ive read that since he is a pitbull he can also be more prone to ignore pain.

Third reason is, and I think this is a big one, he lacks the energy to play outside for more than a few minutes. I read that this was a symptom of hip dysplasia and was one of reasons I initially suspect hip dysplasia. I'll get into why I suspect his injury is NOT hip dysplasia further down.

He lacks energy to play outside for more than a few minutes at a time. I take him outside and for short walks in the morning and by afternoon when he is ready to play, barking, stirring, basically doing anything other then sleeping, I take him outside for a game of fetch or just to run around the yard but after a few minutes he will just flop on the ground.
>>
>>2287776

*cont*

He clearly still energy as he will spend a few minutes just voraciously chomping on his ball. I'm sure this is a sign of nervous energy that he can't expel because of his injured leg. He is constantly chewing anything he can get his mouth on whether he's inside or out. Sticks, leaves, toys, you name he tears them all up constantly.

I can't see any reason why a dog would prefer to lay down and chew on a ball or leaves to running around and playing fetch if not for an injury.

And Im not so sure its hip dysplasia anymore because he has strong hind quarters, he doesn't sway his hips when he walks and his running, when he does run, is fairly strong with little bunny hopping. Has no problem with stairs or jumping up and down.

I just don't know. I don't know if its a combinination of hip problems, joint problems and a leg injury or what. Its so depressing because I want him to have an active life. I think its torture for dogs to not have active lives. What if there is no treatment for his problem? What if there is and I can't afford it? Horribly depressing stuff.
>>
>>2287268
>poor people
>homeopathy
choose one. homeopathy is extremely expensive, and that is assuming that their miracle drugs actually work as advertised
(of course they dont. they even admit it's just water)
>>
>>2287779
Take him to a vet
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.