[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you so badly fuck up caring for one of the easiest reptiles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20161226_125122.png (952KB, 1440x2437px) Image search: [Google]
20161226_125122.png
952KB, 1440x2437px
How do you so badly fuck up caring for one of the easiest reptiles to keep?
I'd love to save her but don't want to pay a person like that.
>>
>>2287183
>he can't AFFORD to take care of her
>badly fuck up

Maybe it's not his fault. Maybe he really doesn't have any money to keep it fed and healthy.
>>
>>2287189
It looks about ready to keel over at any second
>>
>>2287189
if you knew anything about leos you'd be able to see from the picture that that's not the case and you'd know that $50 would be a ripoff for that individual even it it was healthy.
>>
>>2287189
are they expensive to feed? aren't crickets and bugs basically free?
>>
>>2287199
No. Crickets, mealworms, and superworms are all very easy and cheap to breed. Bottle of calcium costs maybe ten bucks and lasts a year. Under tank heater costs about $20 in electricity to run per year.

It's bullshit. This person has neglected that gecko to death. In current state it has a few weeks left before it dies.
>>
I really want to save her, but I doubt she would make it in that condition
Is there anything I can do for her, short of forking over $50 to an animal abuser?
>>
>>2287429
Email and politely explain its fucking dying to convince her to let you just have it.
>>
>>2287439
>Email and politely explain its fucking dying and you'll contact the SPCA if she doesn't let you just have it.*
>>
in my country, the offender would have been arrested and sued by now
>>
I'm not knowledgeable of reptiles can someone explain how it looks like it's dying ? The enlarged head? Just curious mostly. Poor thing though. Uninformed pet owners are the fuckinh worst, like you want an animal just Google search care jfc.
>>
>>2287536
Are there actually countries that give a shit about proper reptile welfare?
>>
>>2287540
The head isn't enlarged. It's whole body is shriveled because it's fucking starving.
>>
>>2287540
This is a normal leopard gecko. The one in question is so emaciated that you can see it's ribs. I doubt it can even move.
>>
I lost my leopard gecko once, found him months later under the fridge. He didn't look that bad, but was fairly emaciated. Near as I can figure he must have just been eating the various spiders and whatnot that roam about the house. Fucker is still kicking to this day, I think he's pushing 20 years now.

I bet that one could be saved if it got attention soon, they seem to be incredibly hardy animals. I don't know how it could have even gotten that bad, crickets cost literal pennies. It's like it hasn't eaten ANYTHING in several months. Do they just think it's supposed to look that way, or what?
>>
>>2287439
OP here
I've contacted the owner, just asking if she's still available (alive) for now.
Hopefully I get a response and can convince them to give her to me.

I'm worried that the owner knows that she is dying and is hoping to get some money from a person who wants to try and save her. I mean, you don't take a picture like that and expect anybody to think that's a healthy animal.
They have to know that it isn't healthy.
>>
>>2287622
The "very tame and sweet part" makes me suspect they don't know
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.