[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking of a hypothetical scenario recently. What if someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG20161222151303.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20161222151303.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
I was thinking of a hypothetical scenario recently. What if someone neuters all the male stray cats in an area, and introduces male cats that are of expensive breeds. How would that turn out?
>>
>>2286994
Just like old times but this time , instead of stray , you'd have pure breeds running around the street.

No big difference. A cat is still a cat.
>>
>>2286995
How many half-breeds would that result in.

I won't mind roaming Siamese cats in a city
>>
>>2286995
The female cats are not replaced btw
>>
>>2286994
Assuming all the females are still mutts, a large majority of the cats will have traits from the mutt mother since many purebred cat's well known looks come from recessive genes.
>>
>>2287000
Didn't know that, thank you anon
>>
File: cat.jpg (8KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
8KB, 192x262px
>>2287000
nice trips.

>>2286999
Didn't think about that. Well , I guess it would be interesting to see pic related with half of the fur missing because her momma fucked a siamese boy.
>>
>>2286997
The pointed color is one that occurs naturally, not just in Siamese cats. It's also seen in other breeds of cats too. So you can see feral cats with color points. I fostered a litter where two kittens had tabby flame/red points, which in purebred cats costs thousands of dollars.
>>
>>2287005
Sounds cute. You got pictures?
>>
>>2287003
It'd be interesting to see expensive breeds have their genes spread around in the stray population
>>
File: IMG_20160104_100630.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160104_100630.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>2287008
I don't have the kitten pictures on my phone, but here is a completely different cat at a shelter with similar markings. Kittens I had were cross eyed

There's also been cats that came in with what I'd call Bengal cat markings, where they have a sort of leopard look. One of the pictures I have is super shitty though because the cat was feral
>>
File: DSC_0083.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0083.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
I got pic related from a shelter. I suspect he comes from snowshoe/siamese stock, but his parentage is completely unknown. He had two siblings that looked like him and two siblings that were fairly generic black/white (with blue eyes tho).
>>
>>2286994
It depends on what breeds in specific you introduce. But most of the halfbreeds would die out, due to traits that are a hindrance in the wild. Such as fur that is too long and gets matted without humans to brush it clean. Or legs that are too short such as munchkin cats. Or those god awful cats with faces that look like someone hit it with a shovel.

Not to mention that all that inbreeding that created and keeps the pedigrees "pure" also come with a shit ton of genetic deformities and illnesses. So their immune system and average life expectancy would be absolute shit compared to the mutts that have had all of that wiped out over generations of natural selection.

TL;DR nothing much would change at all.
>>
>>2287066
Color =/= breed, it's a mutt upon mutt also known as a moggie. I see cats like that all the time. Gotta stop this guessing cat breeds based on markings. You'd call someone a retard if they thought a dog with black and brown eyebrows and markings is a rottie mix. The same should be for cats too.
>>
>>2286994
It will work like intended only if you use an ancient breed like actual siamese skeletons with loooong faces or bony and fluffy all pitbully siberians. Said breeds occurred due to thousands of years of geographic isolation. Shit modern breeds are all weak blooded, not only due to recessive genes behind the traits and inbreeding but also the tiny amount of the traits that actually describe the breeds, and depending on mother this all can will be lost completely. Which is why "look at muh cat, guess a breed plox" is amazingly brainless activity.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.