[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, I'm not a hardcore dog fan but could someone explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 12

File: before and after bull terrier.jpg (28KB, 582x204px) Image search: [Google]
before and after bull terrier.jpg
28KB, 582x204px
Hey /an/, I'm not a hardcore dog fan but could someone explain to me how the hell this happened. thought breeders were aiming for good looking dogs
>>
File: VRy2XJl.jpg (129KB, 800x983px) Image search: [Google]
VRy2XJl.jpg
129KB, 800x983px
>>2283831
Breeders just want "unique" looking dogs. Aka to make something look as far from it's natural state as possible. They do it in fish, too, even if it means breeding all the color out of a naturally colorful fish.
>>
File: gibber italicus canary.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gibber italicus canary.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>2283831
Birds, too, btw.
>>
>>2283838
What were humans even going for here?
>>
>>2283841
>this bird is different from a normal bird
>wonder how far we can take this
>>
>>2283831
Breeding for the sake of looks is the reason "sick as a dog" is a saying

All dogs are the exact same species, breeds are simply cosmetic changes with severe consequences

"Pure Breeds" are the product of incest. Mutts of two "purebred" dogs are so much more healthy simply by widening the gene pool by one generation that im surprised nobody wants one.

Breeders who only breed the same breed together are practicing incest. Those who buy from these breeders are the definition of ignorant or apathetic.

We are destroying our best friend for our own convenience
>>
File: skeksis.jpg (29KB, 400x351px) Image search: [Google]
skeksis.jpg
29KB, 400x351px
>>2283841
They want to recreate the Skeksis from The Dark Crystal
>>
File: 1481633598144.jpg (37KB, 341x327px) Image search: [Google]
1481633598144.jpg
37KB, 341x327px
>>2283857
>All dogs are the exact same species, breeds are simply cosmetic changes with severe consequences
>>
>>2283837
This isn't a new thing.
>>
>>2283886
Whoa, this is the first smush faced depiction of a pug I've seen in art/photography that predates 1900. Crazy that pugs looked like this in 1786? I always thought the wall-face was a relatively new/overbred trait.
>>
OP watch the documentary Pedigree Dogs Exposed, its very interesting and has a lot of answers for you.

Also I would love to see people post pics of messed up animals from breeders.
>>
File: 212.jpg (142KB, 1170x482px) Image search: [Google]
212.jpg
142KB, 1170x482px
>>
File: BULLDOGS3.jpg (528KB, 1250x873px) Image search: [Google]
BULLDOGS3.jpg
528KB, 1250x873px
>>
>>2283838
>>
>>2283948
oh dear.... its eye looks like a dried fruit and its beak looks like a walnut
>>
>>2283831
Bull Terriers aren't even particularly unhealthy so I don't see the problem.

>>2283837
The 1880 one already looked like it was begging for death, it's not like it's a recent development.
>>
>>2283831
You know how Kirk was actually a pretty reasonable and reserved guy, but people remembered him as a bold and risk-taking captain, so they took that and magnified those traits for the new movies to please the crowd?
Or how vader was just a bad guy in a mask, then got a tragic backstory, and through 30 years of hearsay it turned him into space jesus?
Or how Ned Flanders was originally really just a nice neighbour, but everyone remembered him as "THE" nice neighbour, so the writers kept writing him more and more as THE nice neighbour to end all nice neighbours.

People know pugs as "that small dog with the curly tail and short nose", so when people buy a pug, they buy the puggiest pug, and breeders breed the puggiest pugs to keep up.
>>
File: lab.jpg (96KB, 817x317px) Image search: [Google]
lab.jpg
96KB, 817x317px
Why are these assholes doing fine while other breeds are getting fucked over?
>>
>>2284013
Those assholes aren't doing fine.
They're being bred heavier and more blocky, fucking up their hips.
Being popular with shitty breeders means there are a bunch of labs that are aggressive and don't behave true to type as well.
>>
File: Goya_-_The_Marquesa_de_Pontejos.jpg (26KB, 263x408px) Image search: [Google]
Goya_-_The_Marquesa_de_Pontejos.jpg
26KB, 263x408px
>>2283889
You got all of that from a black smudge?
The dog doesn't look very smush-faced, more like Goya had some trouble adding fine details with depth on dark fur, which is understandable.

>>2283986
It's an ugly dog for sure, but at least in 1880 it didn't look deformed.
>>
File: LabFace.jpg (41KB, 588x470px) Image search: [Google]
LabFace.jpg
41KB, 588x470px
>>2284013
The one on the right of your pic, the pig-faced one, is exactly what is going wrong with them.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.