[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /an/ think about bird leashes? I'm thinking of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-12-18-18-02-35-2067113836.jpg (6KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-18-18-02-35-2067113836.jpg
6KB, 200x150px
What does /an/ think about bird leashes? I'm thinking of getting one, but don't know what site to use
>>
>>2282788
what the fuck. train your birds properly, they don't need leashes unless you are an asshole. why would you even need a leash?

unless it's for outside use, still

>not being able to train your bird not to run away from you

fucking plebs.
>>
>>2282788
I have one for my tiel and one for my B&G macaw. Both of them have freaked the fuck out because of it, even if I try to gradually get them used to it.

I've seen birds do well with them, but I think it's one of those things that works much better if you introduce it early in the birds life.
>>
>>2282800
>unless it's for outside use

That's what it's for you retard..
>>
>>2282807
Exactly, I want to buy one so I can take my borb outside on nice days, not for inside the house
>>
>>2282807
>not being able to train your bird

WHO is the retard now uh?
>>
>>2282812
Yes, because everyone knows how calm and collected birds can be, especially outside, where a bizarre and new things confront said "calm and collected" bird
>>
>>2282812
It has nothing to do with training your bird. If you take an unclipped bird outdoors without a leash or a carrying cage you're an irresponsible asshole (honestly even if they are clipped it is very dangerous) When birds see a predator (for example a hawk) their first instinct is to fly and they can easily get lost.
>>
>>2282788

Wonderful for giving your bird some mental stimulation.
>>
Pretty nice to have for outside I've taken bird kayaking before. Mosy birds hate the leash but with proper training they will see it as reward.
>>
>>2282788
I bought mine off Amazon and it came with a DVD on how to train your parrot to get used to it. Just make sure you're patient with getting your bird used to it
>>
>>2283462
What kind of tips does the DVD give btw? I ask because I bought mine in a pet store and there were no such tips.
>>
>>2283558
If I remember correctly, it was basically go really slow and keep the harness on or around your bird for months, mess with it, let your bird see that it is nothing to be afraid of and give positive reinforcement. I haven't watched it in years. Just remember that there is a very good chance your bird will hate it. Mine tries to chew it off every time I put it on her
>>
>>2282788
Bird in pic related is shitting itself with fear.

Don't use leash senpai.
>>
>>2285006
Not all birds. But most birds do hate them.
>>
>>2285008
Dogs don't like them either.
>>
>>2285026
Pfff.. Dogs take much better to harnesses than birds. In fact dogs take much better to everything because they
1) are reliant on humans and bred for thousands of years to live with and understand humans
2) aren't prey, so not skittish by default
>>
>>2285008
>>2285026
It is possible to get a bird used to them. Just gotta take it slow.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.