[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a supply thread. What's the best bang-for-buck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_2016-12-17-16-37-52.png (864KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-17-16-37-52.png
864KB, 720x1280px
Let's have a supply thread.

What's the best bang-for-buck dog food? Been using Sportmix Wholesome, a Tractor Supply exclusive, but is there anything else better for the price?

What training treats do y'all prefer too?
>>
taste of the wild kibble and costco freeze dried livers
>>
File: Screenshot_20161218-212356.jpg (430KB, 1331x1488px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161218-212356.jpg
430KB, 1331x1488px
I am in NZ and feeding Mighty Mix Frozen Concentrate. Its $90 for 25kgs delivered. How does it look to the more food savvy among you?
>>
>>2282260
Unless I'm missreading that's a ton of fat and fairly low protien. This is for a dog?
>>
>>2283128

Yes its dog food, my dog has really trimmed down on it and building hard muscle. Its also not heavy in his gut because he gets 2 cups of this as opposed to 4 cups of Acana.
>>
>>2282260
I'm in NZ.

I used to feed Mighty Mix about four years ago. Maybe they've changed their forumulas since then, but I had to stop feeding because of grain content, which I had to cut from my dog's food completely after he got sick.

I can't remember which one I was ordering, now. I'll go look at their website.

It was a bloody good deal, though. Still is. 25kgs for $90 for Mighty Mix as opposed to between $120 and $150 for 10 to 15kg depending on what I'm buying and where I'm buying it from. That is decent.
>>
I feed my dogs Fromm. It is a great food for the price.
>>
I feed 4Health chicken and rice. It's not super expensive and my dog likes it.
>>
>>2283446

I have noticed he sheds a bit more on mighty mix but other than that its been pretty good for him.
>>
Fromm for me because I always get coupons locally because I live 20 minutes from where it's made.
>>
>>2283456
Fromm is pretty expensive in my area.

I went to a fancy dog store and they had freeze dried raw food. So pricey but it would be convenient for backpacking with dogs because it's lighter than kibble.
>>
>>2283985
You can find lots of free/cheap sample and trial sizes of the dehydrated stuff. It's what I do when hiking with the dog.
>>
Natural balance rolls are good training treats. I cut them up into little bits. They're cheap compared to the bags of training treats. Cut up hot dogs are also good.
>>
My dog is on 4Health but I read a lot about how natural/holistic dog food isn't actually better and it's mostly marketing. I'm thinking of switching to a kibble from a larger company that's had feeding trials done.
>>
Where do you buy your pet food? In store or online? I have heard about chewy and petflow but never used them.
>>
>>2285215
I have a neighbor who uses chewy and she has recommended it to me a few times.
>>
File: lulu.jpg (16KB, 242x320px) Image search: [Google]
lulu.jpg
16KB, 242x320px
My rabbit's fav food. When I open the package , I can see the white of her eyes (which means she's either very excited or terrified).
>>
File: image.png (209KB, 540x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 540x389px
>>2281997
I get this for my dog. Recently started buying it for my cats instead of the cheap stuff and noticed my extremely skinny cat finally starting to put on some healthy weight
>>
My dog's food is really crumbly, like lots of grains come off of the pieces. Kind of annoying when I'm using the kibbles as training treats.
>>
File: cuni.jpg (11KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
cuni.jpg
11KB, 229x220px
>>2285785
Update.

Bought her new food but this , happily , makes her shit more solid , even if she ate watery things.

My bunny is a happy bunny! Love your animals , anons!
>>
>>2287208
What do rabbits eat? Like whats in the pellets
>>
File: oc.jpg (28KB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
oc.jpg
28KB, 270x480px
>>2287212
Different type of herbs , vitamins , minerals , lactate thingies. I'm just reading the etiquette.

My rabbit loves carrots , hay , apples , special bunny carrot flavored biscuits, corn. On the other hand,she hates greens , she despises broccoli and salad.
>>
>>2287212
Also , use this site to see what is safe for a bunny to eat , but obviously , they don't like everything on the list.

https://www.saveafluff.co.uk/rabbit-info/safe-foods-for-rabbits
>>
File: bisoc.jpg (18KB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
bisoc.jpg
18KB, 270x480px
And here are those special biscuits + the little rabbit. It's an improvised fold , half of my and my fiancee's room is split in two and we have our bunny the smaller part instead of keeping her in a cage because she needs space.
>>
I use the dollar store brand, what is my dog going to tell me? Taste like shit. Na! They must enjoy anything
>>
>>2287357
Cmon you can treat your bud a little better than that.
>>
>>2287357
That's fine. Just don't start blaming the dog when it's eating it's own shit, that one is your fault.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.