[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I teach my kitten not to bite when we play? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
How do I teach my kitten not to bite when we play? I've tried ignoring her when she does it but the problem persists.
>>
kick it at a wall and trap it under a milk crate for a few hours
>>
>>2281105
Punch it every time it does it. Cats aren't smart enough to be trained, the only thing that makes them learn is pain.
>>
Buy or diy cat teaser toys on wheels, straw or string (don't leave the kitten unsupervised with string toys). Don't use your bare hands, at all. rip a lot of mutts with strays and ferals in their blood are like that
>>
>>2281105
Best thing to do is not allow your kitten to be exposed to that kind of contact until it's grown out of that rough play stage.
Failing that, it comes down to disciplining and removal from the situation. A very good method is to compress the cat's tongue when it bites. Press the tongue flat to the bottom of the mouth, then press just a tiny bit further. You want to cause discomfort, but not pain.

As with any other rearing of youngsters, if they're getting out of hand in the first place, you will need to expect to keep on top of the problem for a while. Misbehavior can usually be redirected to something more acceptable if you can identify the cause. There's almost always a need that is or was hard to meet any other way. It's rarely ever the case that pain is necessary as a disciplinary. Those who advocate for it eagerly are patently deficient, and will lead you to create greater problems down the road.
>>
>>2281105
Cover a finger or some part of your hand with lemon juice, the taste should deter. Keep in mind if even one person plays with the cat with their hand it will reinforce the behavior all over again. If the cat attacks your hand whenever you try to pet it, make sure you're playing with the cat enough. They make cat toy gloves you can use to play with your hands, or you can make your own, but make sure that if you're going to play with the cat with your hands, you only ever use the glove.

Hand attacks can sometimes be the result of playing with the cat with your hands which reinforces the behavior. Lack of bite and scratch inhibition often comes from being taken away from mom/siblings too early. I had a 4 week old kitten who was such a bad hand wrestler but after a while he eventually kicked it. Don't expect immediate results though.
>>
Eu sou do Brasil amo gatos
>>
The kitten is in the young hyper play stage.
You don't want to be engaging it with your hands; most kittens would be attacking/wrestling it as if it was one of its mate.

don't put lemon juice or push it's tongue down like these weirdos are suggesting.

I suggest playing with it using cat toys. Get all the hyper play energy out of the cat. Use balls, teasers, little mice, etc.

Then after the kitten would be less inclined to bite your hand, but if it still does then remove yourself from it. If the kitten is good give it a treat.

You can also always get another kitten for it to play with it.
>>
My current kitten stopped biting my hands by 10 weeks when I ignored her. She loves being pet though and learned quickly that biting means I won't touch her. Though I've had a kitten in the past who didn't like being touched so he didn't grow out of it until he was nearly 2. If your cat is like the latter then maybe something nasty tasting on your skin will be the best fix.
>>
>>2281105
A tight grip around its throat for a period of no less than 10minutes should make the behavior go away.
>>
When did /an/ become worse than /b/? I've seen gore threads filled with less tryhard edgelords.
>>
>>2281229
Hating cats is eco-friendly
>>
>>2281229
This is the animals and nature board. Liking cats=hating animals and nature. Go to /b/ if you're looking for cat love.
>>
>>2281234
I don't think I've seen any weasel or fox hate. They're just as bad, if not worse.
>>
you dont. animals dont have language so the way they say no is by saying yes in an incomplete way.

thus, to say play they bite without actual harm.

just dont be a fag and learn to distinguish between a real bite and a playful one.
>>
>>2281235
The difference is that there aren't millions of idiotic fox owners who insist that their "domestic" foxes must roam free in areas in which they are not native. Domestic cats are a MUCH bigger problem than weasels or foxes because of how many idiotic catfags are out there.
>>
>>2281105
dont be a retard and use your hands as toys
get a laser pointer
>>
I'm gonna go so far as to say your cat should never have this problem because you should never play with your cat using your hands.

Play time with your kitty does not mean stroking his fur while you watch TV. It also doesn't mean poking him on the head while he attempts to nibble on your fingers. Your fingers should not be in the equation when you are playing with your cat. It might be cute now when he's still a kitten, but you won't be oohing and aweing a year from now when an adult cat doesn't know the difference between play time with fingers and a human petting him

Buy one of pic related, go to the most open room with a couch or some shit, and have your cat chase it around. The point is to tire him out. Flipping it back and forth while your mindlessly watching TV is not the same. Really have your cat run around and chase it, keep going until your cat is too tired to even get up.

Cats are simple creatures. Eat, sleep, groom itself, play time, and attention from its owners. That's all it needs for its entire life. Keep a daily regiment of solid playtime in which your cat tires himself out, and he'll be too tired to bite at you.

When I play with my cat, it's only with these kinds of toys.
>>
>>2281105
Burn it
>>
File: 1.jpg (108KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
108KB, 990x660px
>>2281105
Hit it on the nose. My family have conditioned it to not bite them when it plays with them, but with me it's always on. And I like it. It always waits for me to come home and play cause everyone else is too tame with him. I don't mind the scratches cause he always likes playing rough
>>
>>2281182
You're a retard. If it bites put your hand over its lower part of the mouth and hold it down until it decideds not to want to bite anymore.
>>
>>2281245
>In the suburbs
>Native

Kys fuckwit.
Do you know how much died when they zoned up that area for housing. There was nothing there.
>>
>>2282337
What are you talking about? Domestic cats aren't native to anything.
>>
>>2282385
Either are cars
>>
>>2282432
And? What's your point? Because we destroy the environment in one way we should destroy it in every way possible?
>>
>>2282436
in for a penny in for a pound i always say
>>
>>2282444
You're an idiot.
>>
>>2281105
stop being a pussy. you can't even handle a kitten's play bite.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.