[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i use carefresh unscented paper bedding for my hedgehog because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161204_101855.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161204_101855.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
So i use carefresh unscented paper bedding for my hedgehog because he likes it better than pine shavings (and frankly, the pine shavings seem pretty uncomfortable anyway), but he has the habit of peeing and then burying himself under the bedding, which gets little bits of it stuck to his dick, where it dries there. I then have to pull pieces of dried-on bedding off of his tiny hedgehog penis (i usually have to get it wet with a q-tip to even get it off), which is an uncomfortable experience for both of us. Im really afraid that he's going to get some sort of infection, so should i sacrifice comfort for health and go back to wood shavings? or will he be fine? im really on top of checking him multiple times a day to make sure theres none stuck to him, if that makes a difference.

pic related (his name is yojik)
>>
>>2280918
Honestly, when I had a hedgie I just made my own bedding from fleece sheets. Since yours likes to burrow, you could try small slips of fleece in a dig box to satisfy his want to dig. This is just easier, cheaper, and I'm assuming overall a more hygienic solution.
>>
>>2280967
thats actually a really great idea, thanks. im definitely going to do this
>>
>>2281236
No problem! There should be some simple dig box tips and tutorials online. Your little guy is super cute!
>>
>>2280918
just get him neutered
>>
>>2280918
>owning something that's going to cost an arm and leg when it will have to go to the vet and die anyway
They really should just leave them in the wild and stop breeding hedgehogs with all those fucked up genes. It's just heart break for you and years of pain for them.
>>
>>2281255
thanks!

>>2281256
hes still gonna have a dick lmao
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.