[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you cannot ever get a dog because you're away from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (281KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
281KB, 800x480px
>tfw you cannot ever get a dog because you're away from home 9 to 10 hours of the day, and don't really have time to exercise it properly
>so you do the right thing and don't get a dog
>tfw you really need dogs in your life
>>
are you me?

seems like some humans are born to have doggos around. feels like it's genetic.

still hoping my job situation will change for the better and a doggo will be possible in the future.
>>
Doggy day care, dog walkers, adopting an older dog, dog friendly workplaces, etc etc etc
>>
Have you tried volunteering at your local humane society? Sure, sometimes they just try to bring people in to scoop poop but some have a serious need for dog walkers to help socialize and exercise the dogs in the shelter!
>>
>>2280655

You could volunteer at a shelter or rescue one day a week, anon. Even if you just get an hour or two in, playing with doggos, it might make you feel better and you will be making a huge difference in their lives, too.
>>
>>2280671
>>2280672

How exactly do I word this? Just walk in and say "hey need some help?"
>>
>>2280683
Pretty much! Ask how you can get started as a volunteer. The animal shelter I volunteered at had mandatory seminars on dog behavior and socialization and after that class and a simple background check, I was walking dogs in no time.
>>
>>2280655

Props OP, for understanding a dogs' needs.
>>
So the only people allowed to own dogs are neets and stay at home parents?
>>
>>2280707
no. it's just that /an/ is full of NEET purists (like all boards on 4chan) who think people that don't have their lives revolve around their doggos 24/7 are being inhumane.
>>
>>2280707
>>2280728
Op here again.
I could have a dog, but I won't for a number of reasons.

At work I get worked to the bone, typically, and when I come home and have gotten errands or chores done, I just want to relax and unwind, not go for a walk for several miles. I don't think that is fair to a dog who needs exercise. I could throw a frisbee or ball in the yard (we have a big property but it's not fenced in), but again, sometimes I'm so worn out after work that I just wanna relax.

Plus, most of my time out of work is spent with my boyfriend. I guess we could incorporate a dog into this by walking or playing with it together, but truthfully I'd rather cuddle my man than anything else. Guess I just don't know how to fit a living being into my current schedule.

Where would the dog live? At my house there's no fences, lots of property, but it's semi close to the road. An animal could get hit by a car. In addition, all the people that live with me want no part in helping taking care of a dog if I got one. I can't have another dog at my boyfriend's house, his beagle will likely be territorial to newcomers.

Point is I just don't stay at work for many hours, I can also be lazy and mostly I just wanna hang out with my boyfriend. Just don't think it'd be right to acquire a living being that would depend on us (or me) to live.

Volunteering just might be the best bet to get more dogs in my life
>>
>>2280741
Does the boyfriend's family's beagle like you? Sounds like you could play with it more if so, on top of volunteering. Waking dogs at a shelter might not sound like much to some, but it does WONDERS for the dogs. You can really make a difference and help them get homed faster.
>>
Foster sick dogs that are force limited activity (there is a ton of need for this now that shelters treat heartworm), volunteer at a shelter

>>2280707
Or people who work less than 10 hours a day, or people who work 10 hours a day and are up to giving the dog proper exercise before and after work
>>
>>2280655
Get a stay-at-home girlfriend to keep company to your dog while you work.
>>
>>2280743
Yeah the doggo does! Me and him have been taking the beagle for walks sometimes. But he's got arthritis and tires within a short time. It's kind of annoying to walk him because, for a small old dog, he sure does fiercely pull on the leash. At least he doesn't pull as strong as a bigger dog
>>
>>2281128
Why not train him not to pull? This is something you'd need to do with any dog if you got one.

Best way to get him to stop pulling is for him to learn that when he pulls, he doesn't get to walk forward. In other words, as soon as he pulls, stop in your tracks. When he stops pulling, immediately start walking again. This can be tedious but it's really the most effective way to teach it.
>>
>>2280741
>boyfriend

r u gril? show boobies plox
>>
What always gets me is when people who work 10+ hour shifts almost daily come in wanting a puppy, then absolutely cannot fathom why they would be denied for it. Or they want the purebred pretty husky that would rip their house to shreds and needs two runs a day to not be a neurotic mess, and they don't understand why locking them in a room for 14 hours a day isn't okay

Good on you for doing what's best for the potential dog, OP
>>
Sorry, hijacking this thread a bit

I work a, 9-5 job every weekday and occasionally go out in weekends. Would it be cruel to own rabbits in this situation? I plan on getting two that would be compatible with each other and get along.
>>
>>2280655
get a cat. mine will play fetch and greet me at the door and come when I call it
>>
>>2280664
Sure but theres nothing like raising your own doggo, just makes it that much more personal
>>
>tfw you can't own any pet period because you live in an area where making slightly above min wage doesn't even allow you to not be homeless
It could be worse OP :^)
>>
>>2281468
Sup Vancouver Bro
>>
File: 1473367115685.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473367115685.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
I don't feel comfortable owning a pet right now either

I just come to these boards to live through good pet owner anons
>>
>>2282179
Which episode is this from
>>
>>2281444
This, plus that dog care shit's expensive
>>
Good. The worst kind of neighbor is the one who has a dog but they're never home so they just leave it in the backyard all day where it barks nonstop and makes all the neighbors want to kill it and you.
>>
>>2280741
>Boyfriend
FAGGOT ALERT, YOU GUISE
FLAMBOYANT HOMOSEXUAL IN OUR MIDST
>>
>>2280661
Also, what fucken retarded cunt calls a dog a doggo
Juat an hero already
>>
>>2282340
Hi welcome to 4chan the usual recommendation is to lurk for a year before posting.
>>
>>2280655
I couldn't afford a dog, and I live in an apartment.
Luckily apparently my retard status gives me the right to an emotional support dog paid for life out by the government.

Look it up if you're not too normie.
>>
>>2282420
I've either been away for too long or never paid any attention to the faggotry that is /an/
>>
File: IMG-20161206-WA0017.jpg (122KB, 843x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161206-WA0017.jpg
122KB, 843x1280px
>>2280741
>Tfw can't have a dog due to annoying parents who hate pets
My gf has a yorkie at her place, pic related, she's super cute but she absolutely hates me. Won't let me touch her and only comes near me when my gf's around.
>>
>>2282434
>I've either been away for too long or never paid any attention to the faggotry that is /an/
Ok, /an/ in a nutshell
Outside cat hate by regulars
Cat hate by trolls
Doggo, yeah it's a thing. Catto never really took off
Pitbulls are niggers
Bugguy/plont on permaban, or tied up in RFG's basement
4chins has an infestation, this board is no exception. Faggotry has always been here, it's just cranked up a notch.
>>
Wow op here again. I saw this thread nearing page 10 and about to be 404'd so I just thought I'd let it die, but someone necro'd it.

I saw someone suggested to get a cat, and that's are a good idea. It'd be indoor only. Going to leave it at that so I don't cause a shitstorm.

It's just that dogs are different than cats, more affectionate and people-orientated. They will let you hug them! Cats don't let you cuddle much
>>
>>2280655
Same here but with guinea Pigs
One day I will go back to my village and make a nice home for Piggies.
>>
>>2282556
Bring treats.
>>
Try drugs instead
>>
>>2283062
If you pick a very cuddly cat, it's even better than a doggo. Excited dogs never stay still when happy, while excited cats will often jump on people/headbutt and purr insanely, which is much more cuddly.
My cat asks to be picked up by standing on her backpaws, leans against me on every opportunity and we cuddle to sleep every night.
>>
>>2283062
Please dont hug a dog if you somehow manage to get one. They feel threatened when you do that
>>
>>2283377
I heard about that and forgot. It's true, they just tolerate hugging because they love us.

You guys are right, maybe an affectionate cat is a better choice someday instead of a dog. They both require effort and have specific needs, but cats feel "low key". Doesn't mean they don't need care and exercise
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.