[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, /k/ here. I had a hell if a day, I found my neghbor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1481780407548997083209.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1481780407548997083209.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
Hey /an/, /k/ here. I had a hell if a day, I found my neghbor dead in his apartment today. He had been gone for about 2 weeks, and he had a cat. Now I have the cat with me untill his daughter can come get her and his things. The cat is malnourished for sure and was severely dehydrated, she drank lots of water but has not touched any real food. I have 2 bengals so we had to quarantine her in my large bathroom. Ive never had sick/injured/depressed cats before and was wondering if there is anything I should do. I found what food she is used to, and got some wet food as well. Im just hanging out in the bathroom floor and She is currently just sitting on my lap. I feel terrible for her and just dont know what to do.
>>
It takes a while for cats to get over shit mentally. She probably will just sit in a corner or on your lap and do not much else except eat
>>
>>2280395
Give her some pedialyte or Gatorade. Then eventually she'll eat.
>>
>>2280400
Straight up or watered-down? I have some Gatorade in the fridge
>>
>>2280402
Straight up and then dilute gradually every time after.
>>
>>2280404
Thanks, any behavior I should take as warning signs of something more serious?
>>
Did she have access to the toilet water? 2 weeks straight without water is a warning sign in itself. Ask the daughter if she will pay fee if you take it to the vet.
>>
Did the cat eat his face?
>>
>>2280395
Here's what you do: lose some weight.
>>
>>2280428
No, she had a large water bowl so it wouldnt have been the whole 2 weeks without water
>>2280459
Yep
>>2280553
Sure do.
>>
Damn, what happened OP?
>>
>>2280395
She is probably dehydrated as fuck, Highly encourage the daughter to bring the cat to a vet to get fluids. Cats have a very hard time staying hydrated on a normal day, being dehydrated can easily kill a cat. Watch for lethargy. The cat looks young, should be active. Try feeding only wet food, because cats get most of their water through their food and get very dehydrated with dry food. Give fresh water daily to promote drinking, or more if you have the time.

If you pinch her scruff (the back of her neck), does her skin stay there like a mohawk or does it snap right back like if you pinch your skin?
>>
Have the daughter take her to the ASAP to get labs drawn. The vet may need to give the cat fluids via IV. Cats do not drink much water as it is.

Pls do not give her dry food. And since you both are in the bathroom run water from the facet. Some cats like to drink from running water.

Thanks OP for helping this cat.
>>
File: 1482008573886-398700745.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1482008573886-398700745.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
Op here. At the vet waiting on blood work. Still prefers my lap over all.
>>
>>2280395
>severely dehydrated

Might want to take it to a vet and have them put some fluids in it. It'll cost you but if the daughter is a decent person she'll reimburse you.
>>
>>2280402
if it's gatorade, water it down a little. if you go to the store for pedialyte, they have unflavored kind for babies. get that.
>>
>>2280563
>yep
obviously the cat has gotten a taste for human flesh, and now cannot be sated by your paltry offering of dry or wet food. probably best to bring her a couple newborns or something. she will enjoy smothering and then eating them.
>>
>>2281959
Wow, that is a bummed out cat. You don't even need to put her in a cage for the vet.
>>
>>2281959
If you don't mind my asking, how did you find your neighbor? Just noticed he hadn't been around so you checked the apartment?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.