[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my dog single out certain dogs at the dog park? Theres

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2806.jpg (286KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2806.jpg
286KB, 1536x2048px
Why does my dog single out certain dogs at the dog park? Theres a pool of about 100 or so dogs we've seen there, but four in particular he goes wild when he sees them. 3 of them he gets super excited and licks at them and rolls on back till they get annoyed and nip at him, to which he goes even more submissive, just snowballing the whole thing. The fourth he barks and lunges at, acting really aggressive. At least one of the four tend to be there when we are, and he will chase them from across the park even with 20 other dogs there. Every other dog and person he socializes with just fine? What is going on, and how do I correct it?

He is 5 months old. Other dogs are mix of ages and genders.
>>
They might not be fixed, or your dog is on a power trip.
>>
your dog should be socialized better with closer, more familiar dogs before going to the dog park
>>
>>2280249
By this do you mean wait till a certain age? Hes been raised with his littermate sister and about 5 other dogs he spends calm 1 on 1 time with. He long of socialization is good before going to the park?
>>
that's just how dogs are. they'll really like some dogs and hate other dogs. you'll just have to train them out of it like you'd train them out of any other behavior, which may not be easy to do.
>>
>>2280310
What's the best way to train out of such behaviour? Asking him to sit when he starts doing the bad thing?
>>
>>2280310
This is very true. My dog and this Ridgeback mix up the road have been mortal enemies for seven years now. They know each other by sight, from a distance.

My dog is fine with pretty much every other dog he ever meets, except that one Ridgeback cross.

I often think training him to ignore that other dog would go a whole heck of a lot better if it weren't a roamer that's approached and attacked my dog several times while he's been on lead.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.