[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there an avian vet around here? yesterday I found a dove nestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: dovemourning-fledgling2012.jpg (723KB, 900x672px) Image search: [Google]
dovemourning-fledgling2012.jpg
723KB, 900x672px
is there an avian vet around here? yesterday I found a dove nestling that almost got hit by a car but it won't move at all in the box I put it in.
I gave him liquid dog food in a syringe yesterday and It seemed fine but now he doesn't want to eat, he chirps extremely silently and I don't have the money to buy him a visit to a vet or to buy formula (which is something people just don't sell where I live also).
don't know If I should just force food into his mouth and how much. I know nestlings are supposed to eat every 3-4 hours or so but I reaaaally need to know how much they have to eat and can't find that info anywhere. I suppose formula is different since I'm giving him my dog's food (which is recommended in some other online sites) but I don't know.
he seems to only move his wings once in a while and I have him in a warm shoe box.
he won't ask for food and has his head to one side, it could have a concussion I can't really know what is wrong and please help me an
save this birb
>>
>>2280019

they grow up to be assholes who push smaller birds out of my feeders. fuck them.
>>
Please take the bird to a local wildlife rehabilitation centre. They will be able to help him.
>>
You should go to www.starlingtalk.com and ask them. A lot of them know way more about taking care of baby birds than most people here will.
>>
>>2280548
This, call up your DEC or equivalent
>>
>>2280548
>>2280600
yeah yeah there's absolutely none in my city or I would have taken him there.

>>2280549
thank you. I will look around

anyway! he seems to be gaining weigh and it's more lively now. I have him warm and I'm feeding him right I think.
>>
>>2280019
Take him to the animal shelter. They'll find a way to take care of it.
>>
I did some work at a bird rehab off and on. A bird rehab is really what it needs. Like a lot.

I never did feed the younger columbiformes because you're supposed to tube them a particular amount of a formula I don't know. Iirc it involves feeling the crop and just knowing when to stop so they don't die, and also putting the tube in you got to avoid sending down the wrong pipe.

Also tiny columbiformes are quiet and go "eeeeEEeee", sort of. There's probably a YouTube video with healthy bird noises in it.

Speaking of youtube, if you don't got a rehab within, say, 100 miles (you really want it to go to one), maybe some YouTube videos cover proper tubing technique.

But still, I am 95% sure that bird will be dead in a few days if you don't get it to rehab. Birds are hard enough to keep alive when you know what you're doing.
>>
>>2280019
that is one ugly ass bird
>>
>>2280963
Thing is there is not a single animal shelter around here. Not one.
I know how hard it is. I've been reading about it and watching videos.
He seems much better and it's gaining weight steadily
If it dies It will be my fault but yeah, I hope it doesn't die
>>
my grandma used to feed these two baby doves we found (finch) bird seed with water, and she would just put it in their mouths with her finger.. idk if that's the right way to do it but they grew up fine.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.