[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I find puppies, and how can I be sure that I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1475552554431.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
1475552554431.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
Where do I find puppies, and how can I be sure that I'm not supporting a puppy mill?
>>
>>2279391
A reputable breeder or a non-profit organization. Alternatively, you can go hard mode and find a stray puppy on the streets
>>
>>2279394
Where can I find those?
>>
>>2279405
google. hopefully you aren't too dumb to take car of the puppies
>>
>>2279409
Well, no shit. But wouldn't one of these puppy mills love to be seen as a "reputable breeder?" I was thinking maybe the ASPCA might have some way of finding breeders near me or some shit. Does such a thing exist, is what I'm asking.
>>
>>2279411
I don't think you know what a puppy mill is. No one goes straight to a puppy mill to adopt a puppy. They are sold in bulk to places like pet stores.

Yeah, make sure you're not too fucking stupid for a puppy man. You sound like you're more on the intelligence level of a cat owner.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161211-115725.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161211-115725.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>2279411
Pick a breed that you may be interested in.
Go online and research the history of the breed, common medical conditions, characteristics of the breed, etc.
Once you have done your research and you somewhat know what you are talking about, find clubs or organizations dedicated to the particular breed you are interested in, on both local and national levels.
These clubs will put on shows or outings. Go to a few of these. Talk to people, get more knowledge of the dogs from hands on experience.
Form connections with these people. Pick one of the dogs you like and learn what kennel they came from.
After this process has taken at least a year and you have adequate money saved up for expenses(at least $2,000 not counting purchase price)
Have become well educated on this breed, and especially its requirements.
Have acceptable and stable housing with plenty of time available for your new puppy.
Have gained and earned the trust of fellow enthusiasts dedicated to the health and well being of the breed.
Then you are ready to inquire about a pup, preferably with a limited registration.
This is how it is properly done. Now you see why puppy mills do such a lucrative business. Here's a good tip someone on /an/ said once; ask the breeder if they have inventory. If they say yes 9/10 times they are a BYB.
Good luck.
>>
Go to a breeder who health tests and participates in dog sports, not just showing. Make sure the dogs have titles in the sport. Make sure the breeder will provide lifetime support instead of dumping a puppy on you and saying "you're on your own". Don't buy from a breeder who has puppies for sale on the ground. A good breeder has a waiting list, the puppies are already sold before birth.

Read a lot about reputable breeders vs BYBs. Go to events/shows in your region and talk to breeders there.
>>
>>2279419
Just because I haven't adopted a pet before doesn't make me stupid. There's local "breeders" on CL around where I live who purposely create mutts with whatever dogs they can find and turn around and sell them for a sizeable profit. Some breeds aren't meant to be bred with others and can create some health problems. I don't want to contribute to this. Do you get me now?
>>
>>2279427
Don't support a breeder who is advertising puppies anywhere or breeding mixes. Both are bad news.
>>
Ask a veterinarian or a dog trainer. It's called networking. If you want a dog, ask the people who see more dogs than anyone else.
>>
Just go to a pound or shelter, the puppers would make a better home
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.