[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good of a replacement is having a pet to human interaction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mil0k52tcB1rkxf8uo2_500.jpg (85KB, 460x613px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mil0k52tcB1rkxf8uo2_500.jpg
85KB, 460x613px
How good of a replacement is having a pet to human interaction?
Been thinking of getting one but I'm worried I'd neglect it, I can barely take care of myself as things are,
But I'm thinking that maybe having one around could bring me out of my depression pit of lethargy.
What pet is the hardest to fuck up while still being affectionate?
>>
A friendly cat fits your criteria, and while they do help with depression, they're mostly just a distraction from it.

If you'll take care of it, get one bro.
>>
I got my dog when my depression was at its worst. I live alone and he honestly kept me from committing suicide. Having something else rely on me made all the difference. He saved my life.
>>
>>2273568
>>2273569
I second cats. I have chronic depression and my kitty helps it a lot, it gives me those mental anchors every couple hours. I might forget to shower or to eat, but I know she depends on me to live, so for her I function like a goddamned swiss clock.
After a while, you'll start realizing that when putting out food you can eat your human food at the same time so you two enjoy it together, or you can clean some small stuff of yours after cleaning their litterbox, etc. Try to bring your routine into the cat's routine.

Besides that, if you manage to find a really, really affectionate cat, it's a game changer for life in general. I wake up every single day holding a warm ball of fur instead of alone (she likes to cuddle all night), staring at gorgeous amber eyes instead of the emptyness of my room. She then stretches and always touches my face with her paws very carefully, like a caress. During the day, if I come over, she gets on two paws and stands up to greet me (like asking to be picked up). At night, as soon as I lay down to sleep, she comes over and just plops herself on top of my chest or face and starts purring instantly.
It's just a god tier pet to have if you find a good one, anon. I literally love this cat more than anything else, and I'm not even anthropomorphizing. She just helped me see life in a much more comfy, warm point of view.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (23KB, 226x283px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
23KB, 226x283px
Why do you waste our time? It's obviously a cat. Cats are autistic and grow more affectionate the more you neglect them.
>>
cats are the worst pet to neglect

your house will smell of of piss and shit than if you take care of it
>>
>>2273575
>that image
NOT FOR SEXUAL
>>
>>2273596
Guy's not married. A cat is fine too
>>
I hope my thoughts are welcome. I did believe it over anything.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.