[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we domesticate more "exotic" pets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: large.jpg (175KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
175KB, 500x300px
Why don't we domesticate more "exotic" pets?

The Russians proved in only a few decades you can create a perfectly domesticated animal via foxes.

Why not domesticate more shit?
>>
>>2273423
>you can create a perfectly domesticated animal via foxes.

just because an animal is domesticated doesn't mean it would make a good pet
>>
>>2273423
>Perfectly domesticated
They are neither.
>>
>>2273427
Foxes make great pets if you understand how much energy they have and help them release it.
>>
>>2273423
Laws and some animals just aren't worth the work.
>>
>>2273430
>pisses on everything
>screeching and barking
>will destroy your house
>difficult to socialize

yeah, a bit of exercise is evidently all they need.
>>
>>2273436
all of that can apply to cats, and dogs.
>>
We already have tons of animals to chose from that are already in the pet trade.
I don't see anything being offered that would be new aside from 'i like x so I want it'. There's plenty of 'exotics' that basically only go on that.
>>
>>2273525
I'd like to be able to domesticate foreign rodents, but that's a pipe dream and I don't wanna subject the poor animals future offspring to be in the home of ill equipped retards.
>>
File: 1480167593570.jpg (600KB, 1966x896px) Image search: [Google]
1480167593570.jpg
600KB, 1966x896px
>get doggo that kinda resembles foxxos
>no foxxo disadvantages
>all doggo advantages
>????
>PROFIT
>>
File: 148149.jpg (813KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
148149.jpg
813KB, 2048x1371px
>>2273436
Worth it.
>>
>>2273571
thats a husky pomeranian mix
>>
>>2273597
Reread that anon's post.
>>
>>2273571
But aren't huskies a bit much for the average new owner
>>
>>2273604
i wasnt really replying to what he said, just wanted to point out that the picture is a husky pom mix, because I find that vaguely fascinating
>>
>>2273436
Don't forgetting hiding your things and shitting on them to spite you.
>>
File: arctic_fox10.jpg (120KB, 722x481px) Image search: [Google]
arctic_fox10.jpg
120KB, 722x481px
>>2274050

Foxes are so cute. I saw one walking to McDonald's last night. Grey fox, to be exact.

Also, worth it.
>>
>>2273612
still galaxies better than worse-than-cats foxes.
>>
>>2273794
A meme pic turned that cross into a popular request so there's quite a few of them now.

Thankfully because of their relatively difficult temperament, they haven't exactly become popular for puppy mill operations so they aren't going to flood shelters like other 'designer' mixes have in the past.
>>
>>2273515
on a much much much different level though. You have about 10x longer of selective breeding against those traits than you do with these "domesticated foxes". All you really have is a fox that doesn't have such an intense fear of people. That does not mean it would make a good pet. It's still a fucking fox

>>2274054
>>2273588
You're also forgetting that legally, still a wild animal. You can think of it as a pet all you want in your special snowflake mind, but the second it accidentally nicks someone with their teeth (which will happen cause they bite constantly) boom. fox is put to sleep is getting their head chopped off to be tested for rabies
>>
>>2274211
>implying anyone would ever let a $5000 pet outside
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.