[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have any of you ever felt enlightened, relaxed, or any different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 87arwrgo7rq.jpg (319KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
87arwrgo7rq.jpg
319KB, 640x427px
have any of you ever felt enlightened, relaxed, or any different at all from meditating? not just physically, but mentally as well. has it ever changed your way of thinking?
>>
File: ohm.jpg (140KB, 663x723px) Image search: [Google]
ohm.jpg
140KB, 663x723px
quiet the mind and the rest will follow.

silence has a very inconspicuous wisdom to it

not to project, but if you are having trouble, you may want to reconsider your angle of attack, so to speak.

is it monumentally life changing? not usually but sometimes if you want something bad enough... will it make you a buddha or a god or solve all your problems? no. but in this culture of overstimulation, where memes(read: self replicating thoughts) literally battle for our mental strongholds and the most viral tends to stick the strongest, any, literally any time we can take to get away from that and wash out that cultural sewer and recalibrate the self to its own standards is time very well spent.

done 'properly', will it increase quality of life? absolutely, but YMMV depending on how programmed one is and how much they remember pre-programming.

some people say meditation is spiritual, and i certainly have had some pretty far out experiences, but in my opinion its actually one of the most human things a person can do, as we are just little tendrils of that great, vast cosmic silence in the end, anyways.
>>
>>>/x/
>>
File: 1480643516061.png (17KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480643516061.png
17KB, 300x250px
>>2272902
NAH FUCK THE RULES MAN
ones and zeroes dont discriminate!
>>
File: floatation_tank-04Oasis.jpg (144KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
floatation_tank-04Oasis.jpg
144KB, 1000x667px
i just started working again and i'm really excited to get back into floating
>>
>>2272896
that was probably the most insightful thing ive ever read on meditation.

i meditate because the silence of my mind is extremely comforting. i don't meditate for any spiritual proposes, but shutting off my mind from thinking about anything is basically what i get out of it.

>not to project, but if you are having trouble, you may want to reconsider your angle of attack, so to speak.

i understand that meditation wont solve my problems, and id hope others would understand the same. clearing the mind through meditation is more like ammo to, abstractly, unbias, your thoughts to confront a situation, whether it be anxiety or your own thoughts and experiences that may distort how you follow through what may be causing you trouble. id hope anybody meditating because they're troubled would go about it like that, not just meditate and hope they feel better.
>>
>>2272915
shit man i always wanted to try that
but when im even sober i get tripped out sometimes
like, what the fuck is this? what the fuck am i doing here?
easily answered, but hardly justified..
i feel like if i did sensory deprivation i may actually have an existential crisis.
still, i have been meaning to do it. pretty much the last void i have yet to cast myself into, and that is one where i have no option to run from myself. should be interesting. im going to look into it now, thanks. one of my friends actually just did that and told me i should really try it.

care to share your experience(s)?
>>
>>2272915
wow, i didnt even know something like that existed. Meditating must be next level in that thing.
>>
>>2272919
>like, what the fuck is this? what the fuck am i doing here?
>easily answered, but hardly justified..
expand upon that, please
>>
>>2272917
thank you :)
i am able to easily deconstruct and represent things. the last stage on that path is myself. done just about everything before that. that is something i have yet to truly deconstruct or represent and honestly, i really look forward to it... as much as i have come to know what i am, the things i am not beckon and call, i mean...

fucking finally! only been waiting 20 years to maybe get it.
i sense you will do alright OP. i can tell you love others and you are a crucial human being. dont die or burn out, please.
>>
>>2272927
but really, consciousness seems to me to be a necessary element for the universe to collapse the wave function and create actual identity and whatnot from it. so what does that make me? right? wrong? there are a fucking lot of questions, being true will only get you so far. the rest demands a type of mind to analyze and decode. i feel as though i am up against the universe by myself. everyone who thinks they 'get it' is missing a piece, like humility, or worth, or humbility, etc, but its all so fucking obvious! or is it? i dont know. thats the best i can give right now i guess. what a great thread! at least i can try.
>>
>>2272928
i sense the same in you, anon. Im glad i could help on your path. Im honestly really excited to hear you say that. We need more thought provoking and insightful people in the world like you.
>>
>>2272936
interesting. i had the same epiphany the other day.
>consciousness seems to me to be a necessary element for the universe to collapse the wave function and create actual identity and whatnot from it

could there truly be a universe if nothing was conscious to experience it?
does a tree falling in the woods make a sound if no one is around to hear it?
>>
>>2272915
it's really quite nice, relaxing and peaceful

i feel i need to do it a few more times to get the whole experience. obviously, the mind will race, but i think getting a grip on your brain and experiencing near nothingness comes pretty naturally in the tank. it's pretty nice in contrast to everyday life, being bombarded with stimuli

the salt in the water protects your skin so your hands don't wrinkle up at all, which for some reason is the thing i was hung up on before trying it, i fucking hate when my shit wrinkles up

also, if you feel you may get claustrophobic and freaked out, you have control of the door so it's a non-issue
>>
>>2272941
meant to reply to
>>2272919
>>
>>2272884
This one time I was really stoned, listening to mumford and sons, and the song was about being saved and i felt like Jesus placed his hand on my shoulder but then nobody was there.
Other than that--no.
>>
>>2272945
i love those surreal moments like that. i tend to focus on the CEVs, and sometimes i feel like I've been teleported to a whole new plane of existence because it just feels so surreal.

meditating is some trippy shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.