[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, so I adopted a doggo and he basically is super scared,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hi guys, so I adopted a doggo and he basically is super scared, shy and traumatized.

What can I do to help him gain some confidence? Or time will help him gain that? Thanks.
>>
Not enough information posted. Dogs age, abused? etc
>>
>>2272883
Dog is 2 years old.

Abuse by being beaten, no food, no water , no comfort , no love.
>>
>>2272887
He is also very afraid of loud noises , cars etc . At night he's too scared to sleep alone so he comes to my bed.
>>
>>2272889
How long have you had him?

Also post pics.
>>
>>2272893
For almost one week , I can't post pics now because it's dark and if I will use my flash k will scare him.
>>
>>2272899
give him a month or two. Consider seeking help from a professional trainer. It's actually not that expensive. Maybe 30-100 dollars for 1 hour sessions. Even going once is good for feedback and learning new stuff.
>>
>>2272900
Ok thanks.
>>
>>2272899
Aaaaw. Poor baby.

Seconding the other anon. Give hin some time. He might come out of his shell on his own. You will also have a better ideal on what you need help with him after 2 to 3 months.

Also, starting training basic obedience. Positibe only for an abused dog. The generic recommendations are ZakGeorge and Kikopup on youtube. Karen Pryor .
>>
>>2272887

Animal abusers make my fucking blood boil. They are the lowest of the lows so props for taking care of an abused dog. Like the other anon said get help, use a professional for tips to make it so much easier on both of you in the long run. It might take months to years but you will have a friend for life.
Keep other anons updated from time to time.
>>
>>2272908
>>2272909
Thanks guys , I'll check out the videos and I'll have patience.
>>
give him food and dont be too foward

ie dont look at him or reach out to him for a long time except maybe one hand to sniff

kneel to his level, look away and try putting food on the ground in front of you

he'll come around

also learn calming signals, give them and respect his
yawning, looking at the ground, licking lips, turning away etc.

good luck
>>
>>2272911
Obedience is going to do worlds for his confidence. Its a great thing to do with him and will really strengthen your bond.
>>
Get him a thunder shirt. It helps make them feel secure. Worked wonders for my rescue.
>>
>>2272878
You must be an example. become a confident dog yourself and he will look up to you and learn the ways of dogginess!
>>
>>2272889
If he's coming to you for comfort that's a good sign at least

Doing god's work anon, post pics when you can
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.