[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it animal cruelty to keep a dog indoors all day and only take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: importance-of-using-dog-leash.jpg (37KB, 580x505px) Image search: [Google]
importance-of-using-dog-leash.jpg
37KB, 580x505px
Is it animal cruelty to keep a dog indoors all day and only take it outside on a leash?
>>
Depends on the breed. Working and hunting dogs need a lot of activity to remain healthy but smaller companion breeds can be suited to a mostly indoors lifestyle.
>>
As long as you're giving them sufficient exercise, stimulation and meet the care requirements relative to the breed/individual then I don't see the issue.

My dog and I live with my parents while I'm at college and they have a back yard she can run around in, but I don't really like leaving her out there for long alone, she much prefers being inside with everyone anyway. Gets 2-3 walks a day and soon I'm going to start agility training with her (she's shown a lot of promise, but she's just a pup) and taking her out to dog parks/open fields.
>>
My dog only gets to be off leash when we go to the fenced dog park, which is once or twice a week. She's still very happy.
>>
my dog hates going outside for the most part
>>
>>2270370
Nope. It´s is cruelty to LEAVE HIM ALONE all day.
Dogs just want to hang around us, and be petted.
All day long.
If he´s locked inside with you, then it´s allright.
>>
I can only let my dog off in certain areas or she runs away hunting for rabbits. She always comes back but I still get worried as fuck when she takes off.
>>
>>2270419
Don´t risk it.
Getting ran over by a car, taken away by bad or good strangers, attacked by something - escaped dogs usually don´t return, and the same way they protect you, you should protect them, paying close attention to their behavior.
Sometimes it´s best for them to be on a very large leash, than to never return from a leashless walk.
>>
File: IMAG0148.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0148.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>2270426
She behaves well enough in some areas, open fields for example she'll run around and come back. But say in the woods she just takes off.

She's full of energy.
>>
>>2270370
when you say outside on a leash, do you mean walk the dog or just attach him to a spike on the ground ?
>>
>>2270409
that's not true at all. The reason why most dogs have problems is because of dependance and dogs definitely need at least one hour of walking per day (depending on the breed , may be less or more). Dogs aren't cats.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.