[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they try require so much shit to adopt an animal? I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: 1053019153-1868060052.jpg (114KB, 427x446px) Image search: [Google]
1053019153-1868060052.jpg
114KB, 427x446px
Why do they try require so much shit to adopt an animal? I mean Fuck shelters are overcrowded as it is.
>>
>>2270120
lol i just saw that product picture on AliExpress
>>
>>2270120
Because they highly autistic and also don't want to be the 1-stop-shop for people with large reptiles.
>>
Rescues are the ones that usually go crazy on requirements. Shelters/pounds at least around here will adopt to anybody that will pay the adoption fee.
>>
>>2270120
Is this an actual question?
>>
>>2270152
Please stop. I can only get so erect
>>
>>2270154
Are you one of those weird furries who are into being swallowed alive?
>>
>>2270120
Some shelters get to pick and choose who they take in, which allows them to be picky because they don't have an over-crowding scare. Go look at the pounds that are forced to take in all strays and all owner surrenders, they will be much more lenient. Spoilers: they will also often have less desirable dogs.
>>
To prevent people from getting animals just to abuse, use as food for themselves or other animals, or as bait dogs. They want to be sure of the safety of the animal once it leaves their care and possibly to ensure the animal will not be returned.
>>
>>2270120
>own a farm
>half is native bush with trails I walk everyday
>secluded, nearest neighbour is a ten minute drive away
>my driveway is a three minute drive away from the dead, empty road that only i seem to use
>work from home so there 24/7
>have owned several dogs of different breeds
>trained them all myself, never had issues
>dog would never want for anything
>live in a country with no predators
>only reptiles you can own are leopard geckos, australian water dragons, blue tongues and bearded dragons, aka you cant feed dogs to them

>denied the dog I wanted because you had to have a "fenced in yard"

friends got denied a dog because she works part time and her husband works full time and they only adopted to people who had someone at home 24/7. this isnt even a a small operation, its the biggest rehoming shelter in the city. its the only one. The pound doesnt have any suitable dogs because these cucks go and pick them up asap and slap on a $400 price tag.
>>
At many facilities the requirements depend on the dog. some dogs are fine going home with someone who works and isn't very dog savvy, some need people who are home constantly, a fenced yard, etc

but if you're getting asshurt over really basic questions/requirements like how many other pets are in the home or them wanting all people in the house to meet the dog before adoption, then you're probably hiding something or just a massive baby
>>
>>2270584
Most places have blanket requirements for all dogs that are utterly ridiculous. Some want you to PAY THEM to come look at your house before they'll even let you look at dogs.

Buying from a registered breeder is easier and cheaper 99% of the time.
>>
>>2270584
>t. Dog nazi
>>
>>2270593
>Most places have blanket requirements for all dogs that are utterly ridiculous
Please go into detail

>home visits
Yeah ridiculous, but not required by the vast majority of facilities, at least on the west coast where I'm from. If you do see this, it's usually in private foster-only rescues and not even shelters. It's definitely not the norm.

>reputable breeder
>cheaper
Pick one. Any breeder worth your time wouldn't be easier to get a dog from, and DEFINITELY not cheaper
>>
>>2270608
>wanting other people who live in the house to meet the dog before taking them home
>dog nazi

ok m8
>>
>>2270617
For what purpose? Afraid the dog has a human allergy?
>>
>>2270608
>state common sense
>perform mental gymnastics to somehow criticize a common sense post
>since I cannot formulate an argument I will call them names
>I sure showed them
Lol, so pathetic.
>>
>>2270636
> insane theory
> common sense
>>
>>2270647
>insane theory
I suggest you read>>2270584again. They are not demanding anything unreasonable as the poster pointed out.
If you cannot understand this then you are clearly not responsible enough for another living being being dependant upon you.
>>
>>2270655
It's a dumb animal. Let's not go crazy here
>>
We have this thread every other fucking week.

Some rescues have over the top requirements for getting a dog. Most of them are reasonable.

If you're not willing to have a home visit, go to a different rescue. There are others out there.

If you're not willing to let all the members of your household meet the dog before it goes home, go to a different rescue. It's a retarded idea to get a dog before you know how it will interact with different people, but it's not a deal breaker.

If you're not home for 8+ hours a day, don't get a fucking dog.

If you clearly aren't willing to put in the time and effort (I have no yard and work 8 hours a day but I want a puppy!!), fuck off.

Rescue rules are stringent for a reason, but you can get around them easily by going to a different rescue.

I got a collie puppy while living on the second story of an apartment and being a part time worker and part time student and living alone. But I got approved for a puppy because the interview proved I was clearly ready to put in the time and effort to raise the puppy and wasn't buying it on an impulse.
>>
>>2270656
Going crazy here and not understanding as to why the simplest and most basic of rules and guidelines are put in place are two very separate things.
If you cannot differentiate between the two then it is obvious the shelter has a right to deny you the opportunity to adopt and care for an animal.
On the grounds that you are not intelligent or responsible enough.
By all means, continue to argue and prove my point if you like, it doesn't change the fact that these rules and guidelines are put in place for people like you apparently.
>>
>>2270671
The fact you've replied to this obvious bait over and over makes me question if you are capable of taking care of an animal
>>
>>2270618
we'll not just that, but you'd be surprised how many people try to adopt a dog without telling their family/roommates first. It's ridiculous and is a sadly common reason dogs are surrendered is conflict between people in the house over the dog. Plus some people in the house might want a dog, but one that is lower/higher energy or bigger/smaller than the one you are wanting to adopt. More than anything, it's to make sure everyone in the house actually agrees one the dog instead of going through the process and getting them home, only for your mom to throw a fit that you can't keep the dog because they're too large and energetic or some other dumb shit. that happens a lot. It's really not asking much, and to resist so much to a ridiculously simple request is a major red flag and makes you seem like either you are hiding something, or so immature and impatient that a dog probably isn't the best pet for you.

not to mention that dogs just don't like certain people sometimes for unpredictable reasons, or no obvious reason at all. Having the family meet the dog before adoption helps deal with this potential issue before you actually invest any more time, money, or emotions into the animal
>>
>>2270674
>implying it's bait
And you should lurk moar if you are so easy to underestimate the ignorance of this board.
>unless of course you are going for the whole "I was just pretending to be retarded" damage control......
>>
>>2270679
> crazy animal lovers
> ignorant
Not surprised
>>
>>2270682
>ignorance on a board full of animal lovers
Finally, you've said something I can agree with.
Of course being oblivious to rules and regulations obviously set in place for the well being of the potentially adopted animal could also be a sign of ignorance as well, but I believe we've already touched on that.
>>
>>2270571
To be fair if you just plopped a dog there it would probably run away.

>>2270584
You have no idea how many people get pissed off because our shelter requires a valid ID for adoption

>>2270593
I've seen dogs get adopted and come back in minutes because mommy didnt approve. My personal best is half an hour a dog I adopted out was returned again. A co-worker has me beat at 12 minutes - the boyfriend was in the parking lot waiting because he thought she was there just to look.
>>
>>2270593
What? I'm a breeder and the only dogs I give away for cheap are ones that have birth defects. And even then I give them to friends, family or past customers I know will take good care of them.

Everything else is pretty expensive, especially if you want them for breeding.
>>
>>2270120
>>2270120
Talking about adoption.

Is it smart to adopt two dogs? Or is it perhaps the supidest thing one newbie owner can do?
>>
>>2270736
no

Just... no
>>
>>2270714
>To be fair if you just plopped a dog there it would probably run away.
I've spent decades owning dogs on farms Im not fucking retarded enough to give it full run off the bat.

I ended up getting a $300 pure bred puppy from a breeder with well documented papers and health certificates. $100 less than the adoption shelter I looked at. It's also a lot fucking easier to buy from any breeder.

Breeders only ever ask me
>oh just tell me about yourself, what you do and where you live
>do you know much about the breed, if not I can supply a fact sheet

shelter asks
>I need three character references
>Detailed explanations about dogs you have owned
>did they have any behavioural issues and how did you deal with them
>you need to show proof that you have signed up to a dog/puppy training class
>you need to register with a vet and have the vet contact us saying you've registered and made an appointment to have the dog checked after the first week of having it at home
>you need to give us your address and make a time for us to come look at it, pay $25 fee for us to look, $50 if you're further away from us then we'd like and $75 if rural.
>You need to have three meetings with the dog before we'll accept an adoption application
>We will come by sometime during the next month to check on the dog even though after the adoption process you legally own it but if we dont like what we see we will take the dog back and you will not be refunded any money

pretty sure there was more but I lost interest in listening. This wasnt even for a bad behaviour dog, just some random little mutt puppy. I'm fairly certain they dont even adopt any fucking dogs out unless its to their friends and families.

but then I'm not in america, puppy mills are pretty much not a thing here, worst we have is rich old women breeding shitty chihuahuas with fucked up proportions but even they get to run around free and piss all over their house with lots of love and affection for batshit insane old lady.
>>
>>2270772
If you're in a third world country, I bet they are hyper vigilante because of all the shit stains that live there.
>>
>>2270813
Nah, western country. What third world country doesnt have snakes??
>>
>>2270772
>$300 dollars
>reputable breeder
ok anon, ok
>>
>>2270815
Ireland
>>
>>2270152

I'm not the one that posted this, but why was it deleted? It was a snake eating a dog, and the reply was on topic and illustrated why they don't give away stray animals to just anyone. That is nature. Snakes will eat anything with warm blood that will fit in their mouth, from field mice to american alligators.

I swear there is a seriously SJW mod on this board. I am constantly seeing on-topic legitimate posts deleted because it hurt their fee-fees.

FROM NOW ON ALL POSTS THAT ARE NOT CATS DOING CUTE THINGS WILL BE ERASED BECAUSE OF HER MAJESTY MOD'S FEEFEES. holy shit.
>>
>>2270824

been here about 6 months. see this all the time. earlier today there was a post about impaction on a dog that showed in gory detail how a small lump could get lodged in a dog intestines. it was informative and not presented in a crude way.
>deleted.

lets see. i remember one of those vegan threads that showed how turkeys are prepared in a slaughter house.
>deleted

huge snake with a prolapsed anus
>deleted

dog ear mite colony
>deleted

feral cat attacked by mountain lion
>deleted

i could do this all day. the gist of it this is censorship. stuff that is not rated 'G' tends to get deleted. if you use 4chanX, you can see what has been deleted and its really damning. this stuff is everywhere and it doesn't violate the rules on this board.
>>
>>2270824
>>2270833
This board does not have a dedicated mod. Chances are it was just reported enough and automatically deleted by a jani. This happens all the time. Fucking newfags
>>
>>2270772

So what shelter was this? I'm very curious to see a shelter that wants $400 for a dog. And since every shelter lists it's adoption policies on their websites, I can very easy see for myself the injustices the evil shelter visited upon your poor person.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.