[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I wanted to get a fox as a pet but I've been told

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: fox.jpg (234KB, 1280x873px) Image search: [Google]
fox.jpg
234KB, 1280x873px
Hey guys, I wanted to get a fox as a pet but I've been told they don't make good pets. I know they hard to domesticate and they last less than dogs, but if have a good amount of terrain why shouldn't I have a fox? A guy told me you guys would explain me.
>>
>>2270039
Sorry, looks like I forgot to type some words
>>
>>2270039
you shouldn't have a fox because it's a fucking fox and probably illegal
>>
>>2270073
In some countries yes but not all
>>
>>2270039
get a cat
>>
Wild foxes can be kept if you have enough space to create a good enclosure and you don't mind that they tend to be nervy, shy and smelly animals that don't typically form attachments to humans, but they're not most people's idea of a good pet for those reasons. If you think they're cool as a wild animal that you can observe and that may become tame enough to interact with a little, sure, go for it if it's legal where you live and you can keep them happy and comfortable.

Domesticated foxes are obviously going to make a better pet as they're less nervous and more comfortable and affectionate around humans, but I have no idea whether you can buy legitimately domesticated lines or not.
>>
>>2270079
Are those Russian domesticated foxes actually legit? I've heard they sell for $2500 a pop but they don't seem very domesticated in a vid I've seen of them.
>>
>>2270094
>don't seem very domesticated in a vid I've seen of them

and why would they? can train the timidness and instinct out of them a bit but ultimately they're still wild scavengers whereas dogs have been domesticated over thousands of years.
>>
>>2270098
>>2270094
They bred the foxes that would come closer to humans together, and the ones that would stay further away together. They didn't train them. The goal was not to domesticate them as pets, and they are far from domestication as it is anyways. The goal was to have a docile animal to farm for fur. Honestly I think they will make a killing if they sold them as pets instead.

As far as being pets go, they aren't there yet. It's exotic pet at best, but better than getting one from the wild.
>>
This guy has a pet fox and seems to be doing pretty well. Maybe you can look at a couple of his vids to get an idea on how to take care of a fox.
https://www.youtube.com/user/foxalbiazul
>>
>>2270094
There's a difference being domesticated and being a good house pet.
Cows are domesticated, for example.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.