[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got some good tips on how to get my rabbit to stop chewing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Anyone got some good tips on how to get my rabbit to stop chewing on my couch?

She is already nutered.
>>
>>2267370
If he identifies as a female it's called spaying

>cisgendered scum
>>
>>2267371
Haha thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
File: theyre_taking_our_jobs.jpg (10KB, 228x303px) Image search: [Google]
theyre_taking_our_jobs.jpg
10KB, 228x303px
>>2267370
>nutered
>>
Give it other things to chew instead.

Apple wood is an idea.
>>
>>2267543
She has a ton of things to chew it, although not apple wood. Will apple wood be enough to make her uninterested in my couch?
>>
>>2267647
Possibly. In the mean time, do you reprimand her when she does it or gets near?
>>
>>2267666
No because I've read in most places that it's no good and that you can't discipline rabbits.
>>
Not op. Do rabbits respond to punishment of any kind?
>>
>>2267679

Punishment no.

But they do understand other rabbit behaviors, I.e. slight pressure on the butt.

Rabbits chastise other rabbits by nibbling their buns.

Shrinking your rabbits available space to scamper is good as well. Bunnies are very territorial.

Personally I will associate the butt 'pinching' behavior with a rapid succession of Cesar Milan *tsch sounds.

My bun now knows there are areas of the house he cant go as well as to stay off the couch.
>>
>>2267370
Put chili powder on stuff you don't want her chewing.
>>
>>2267685
Good advice, but how do I limit her off my couch? Should I nip her bum when she jumps up on it?
She once took my chair and I mimiced sitting on her to get her to move - she stayed on the chair and she bit me in the ass.
>>
>>2267691
I don't want chili powder on my couch. Besides, isn't chili powder really bad for them?
>>
Vinegar? Works on doggos... maybe it will work for rabbits?
>>
>>2267681
I think it's bad. If it's a boy he'll keep stomping to threats and then even then he'll learn in his head to stomp whenever he feels like to. Don't.. If they chew a cord/cable don't do anything bad. It's not as smart as you.
>>
>>2267886

Either put up a barrier or continually practice the butt nipping behavior.

You can just basically chase her away.
>>
>>2267961
I've been chasing her away for half a year. Not gonna put up a barrier around my couch but I think I'll try nipping her butt.
>>
>>2267370
How old is your rabbit? Do they ever go in heat? I wonder.
>>
>>2269417
She's about one and a half year old and she does not go into heat because we had her spayed.
>>
>>2267371
neuter is a sexless term for removing reproductive organs
>>
>>2267370
Soak your urine on a ball of tissue and wipe the edges of your couch/edgesofcarpet/furniturewoodleg, etc. That's breddy much it. Mark your stuff.
>>
>>2270284
I solved it by taking a shit in her food bowl - she ate the shit and no-scoped ur mum, cyкa блyaт.
>>
File: 16462-center-1.jpg (84KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
16462-center-1.jpg
84KB, 1500x1500px
>>2267370
Spray this on anything that's being chewed
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.