[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Red Spotted Snails liable to stray far beyond the water's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
Are Red Spotted Snails liable to stray far beyond the water's edge?
>>
>>2267071
Mine currently are chilling above water level.
>>
Dont they go to the surface to breathe air or am I mistaken?
>>
Sorry to resurrect an older thread but I have some questions about these red nerite snails.

I have two in my tank, with a single moderately sized goldfish.

Both snails are about one inch in length.

One of them is completely normal, zips around the tank at an alarming pace and cuts through algae like a razorblade. This snail takes no shit from nobody.

The other one is shy and withdrawn, barely seems to eat and has a very strange behavior, it climbs up the side of the tank, under the filter head and then just.. lets go.. and drops to the bottom of the tank. I've seen it happen.

I'm a bit worried, what is this about?
>>
>>2268500
Has it always done that? Mine currently climbs up the filter and sits in the flow eating algae off the part where the water flows out. Also aquarium temp? They're tropical snails after all.
>>
>>2268500
that's pretty funny, mine used to do that too, but it was a regular snail
>>
>>2267071
>red spotted snails
Nerite. The term is Nerite.
>do they get out of the water?
Yes, they'll even escape your tank sometimes to "explore" or they hate your water quality.

>>2267105
Nerites don't, but mystery snails do.

>>2268500
One of them has depression and the other is on steroids. for real, calcium problem, maybe? try putting food near it to see if it'll eat it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.