[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hearing mice in the walls and have caught one already. Checked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1465472524928.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1465472524928.gif
1MB, 300x188px
Hearing mice in the walls and have caught one already. Checked the perimeter and put down a dozen snap traps. Anymore tips to rid of these little bastards?
>>
>>2265631
Indoor cat.
>>
release some snakes
>>
>>2265631
Fix where they are coming in from and clean your house. Food only in mouse safe areas. Otherwise it will be a never ending battle
>>
File: 1479088053728.jpg (52KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
1479088053728.jpg
52KB, 600x596px
I have no tips but I'd like to share my experience with mice in my home.

We had three mice. I'm gonna call them Francis, Sheela, and Robert.

We tried everything. Legit, non lethal traps with peanut butter. We eventually upgraded to snap traps and poison (blood thinners), and we got so frustrated we stopped to a sticky traps with the understanding Wed check and kill them. These fucking mice man. They were like a trio of hell raisers. They fell for fucking nothing.

Eventually I wake up and hear a trash bag moving. These little shits had climbed into the top but had no exit beside it. So I tied the top, cut a hole in the bottom leading to a box. Francis comes out finally and I catch but Sheela remained inside. I dumped the bag outside while I took Francis to release him. Sheela gets out obviously and re-enters my house.

I'm having a shower a couple days later and walk out underwear in hand. I see Robert standing there. He books it and i throw my underwear on top of him. Naturally I think he escaped so I casually pick him up and the dumb fuck is just standing there. I throw it back on top of him as he tries to waddle away (Robert was fat as fuck), scoop him up, drive far away and release him.

We could never catch Sheela. We e decided to get a cat a couple of months later (not related). A two year old female with a lot of spunk. She caught Sheela in the first week. Found the bottom half of her body.

Was an adventure you three bastards.
>>
What kind of bait do you use? I'm hearing peanut butter and anything high in fat is ideal.
>>
>>2265631
We used one of those humane traps with the one-way doors for them and baited them with peanut butter mixed with granola.

All catches would go into a rodent trap bin with bedding and some food and that also has a way in from outside but no way to climb out - which some mice voluntarily jumped into.

As soon as we were confident we had them all, we drove the bin out to our old neighborhood and dumped the mice over to our old neighbor's place. That's what you get Robert, you fucking asshole.
>>
File: 35uRNJ0.png (857KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
35uRNJ0.png
857KB, 2271x2380px
>>2265810
>House is shit and the mice have their stronghold in the kitchen
>>
>>2265631
A nuclear war is a pretty good idea. Tends to wipe them out while mostly sparing nature. Any war in general really. Diseases are good, but don't kill nearly enough of the vermin. A large number of mice will die in a nuclear exchange, but most humans will be removed from the playing field therafter, so the humans won't be killing them anymore. Of course, mice have a lot of other enemies, so I don't think just getting rid of the humans will be enough, OP.
>>
>>2265631

Poison has always been my strongest ally in the battle against field mice. Our house backs up to some woods. I get these things in my attic and basement constantly. I'd say 80% poison, 20% glue traps. Never got a snaptrap to work.
>>
>>2265810
>Fix where they are coming in

Impossible. Mice can get in a hole as small as a pencil. Finding a point of entry is simply not going to happen.
>>
I've waged war against mice. It's not a proud part of my life. I've ended many rodent lives. I've thrown carcasses the wood for scavengers, I've destroyed them in blazing ovens.

Stage one: Determine their attraction. What is your climate? Have a cold winter? You're going to have mice seeking shelter in your walls and insulation, between your floors, near air vents if applicable. Are you in a lower latitude? Then move are probably in your area for food. Their telltale is the scat, which is disgusting and should be treated for bleach. Brother, you don't want norovirus.

Step two, once you determined the impetus, is finding the mode of entry. You're looking at utility entrances, joints between exterior walls and joists, water pipes between floors, and the occasional access (chewing) through baseboard and wall. A cold, hungry (((mouse))) will do anything to survive.
So your first move is denial of access. Use expanding foam on all holes and access points mentioned above. Use a heavy gauge stapler to secure hardware cloth to your soffets.

After denying them access, lay your traps. You'll have identified the danger areas by this point. Mice and rats love running along walls, so go for corners and long stretches of wall.

Use the spring loaded traps. Use peanut butter, get it deep within the trap. that way the mouse has to work for it, ensuring it sets the trap. There's nothing dishonorable about this. You can't be awake every moment of the night to stomp a glu-trapped animal. The spring trap seems violent, but it is quick. I'd prefer a quick and violent death over a slow and prolonged, wouldn't you? A snap in the night, a few seconds of spasms, and quiet until you can dispose of them in the morning.

My preferred method of disposal is fire. I don't like the neighbors dogs getting into old dead mice.

These aren't humans. They're mice. Deal with them like you would Jews.
>>
File: 1479650171210.jpg (92KB, 960x615px) Image search: [Google]
1479650171210.jpg
92KB, 960x615px
Get a snek to heck them up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.