[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the most stupid dog breed what is the most clever dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: NiftyUntidyAmericancrocodile.webm (231KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NiftyUntidyAmericancrocodile.webm
231KB, 640x360px
what is the most stupid dog breed
what is the most clever dog breed

how smart is your doggo?
>>
afghan
border collie

mines on the clever side of average
just a terrier small mix
>>
>what is the most stupid dog breed
Pug
>what is the most clever dog breed
Border Collie
>>
I have a bernese and she is crazy smart. I taught her to poop just slightly off our lawn and she picked up after only a week. She is now 13 weeks and can be left outside to poop and pee without supervision. She is eager to please almost to a fault in that I think I could keep walking forever and she would try to keep up until she literally died.

The dumbest dog I've ever raised was a mix weimaraner and Italian mastiff. He was very sweet but dumb as shit. Due to changing life circumstance I had to give him to a friend but luckily I get to see him any time I want and he is well loved and gets to eat all the dead raccoon ass he desires.
>>
Most intelligent and stupid dog breeds are a bit debatable considering a dog could be labelled "stupid" simply for lacking biddability while still being an innately resourceful animal.

The most intelligent dogs, according to most sources, are the Border Collie, the Standard Poodle, and the German Shepherd. Don't get me wrong, they ARE intelligent breeds, but they're also highly trainable. Similarly intelligent but less trainable dogs exist in profusion -- they aren't as high up the list because they're more challenging. And dogs that are more challenging than GSDs and Border Collies are challenging dogs indeed. See Malinois and other Belgian Shepherds and Australian Cattle Dogs, among others. Incredibly bright, but very often crazy difficult.

My dogs are... decent. Smart, but both challenging in their own way.

My old GSD has limited biddability, no food or toy drive, and likes to things his way. He was more inventive when he was younger. He's been a deft hand at manipulation for most of his life. Now he's old, I don't see the bright spark so much any more, but I'm beginning to notice more of an inclination to do what I say simply because I've said it. Obedience at last is nice. I did a canine IQ test with him once, years ago, and he scored quite high.

The Akita mix is willing to work for food, which makes training him easier than training the GSD, so he knows more tricks. He learns quickly and can repeat a trick months after I taught it to him even if I only did one session with him and have not asked for it in the intervening period, provided I taught it correctly. He also scored highly on his canine IQ test. He has an independent streak a mile wide, though, and if I don't have some sort of reward its spotty whether he'll offer the behaviour or not.
>>
>>2264935
Just wanted to tell you this was a really good post. I appreciate the thought that went in to it
>>
>>2264812

There is literally no valid answer unless you define 'clever' and 'stupid'. Obedience? Intiative? Independence?

My five galgo barely listen when I call them and look at me funny when I tell them to sit, but all of them can open doors, cookie jars and a fucking trapdoor just using their paws.
>>
I myself don't own a dog.
The smartest one I saw was a Long-haired Collie.
>>
File: IMG_2396.jpg (467KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2396.jpg
467KB, 1200x1600px
i have a boxer who i think personally is pretty smart, but he pretends he doesn't know what i'm saying.

the minute i have a favourite treat or something he wants, he'll do it immediately with no problems.

he's also pretty headstrong, even if he knows i'm the alpha. this has kinda affected our time out of the house a little bit-he'll come when he's called, but if he sees a cat or a squirrel or something, he'd just take off for sure.
>>
>>2264925
>I trained my dog to shit on the neighbours lawn
>>
>>2264812
intelligence is like large leg muscles. if you dont keep working out, it will fade.

so a "stupid breed" that does a lot of taxing things all day will be much more intelligent than a "smart breed" that lies around the house all day.

also the healthiest dogs are mutts (read: not inbred).
but then you sound like a /pol/ fairy and you probably think intelligence is mostly genetic instead of working out those brain muscles.
Think of it like that: a nigger that lies in bed all day will be a weakling compared to a white guy who hits the gym 7 days a week.
same for intelligence. genetics is maybe 5%, hitting the gym is the remaining 95%
>>
>>2265590
Damn right. The neighbor is actually the back side of a school with only a sidewalk leading up to the building and the only reason anyone would have to go on the grass where she poops would be to walk onto my lawn. No harm, no foul friendo.
>>
>>2265593
wrong. totally wrong.
>>
>>2264812
Chihuahua
Some retriever or collie

He's dead
>>
>>2265628
so there's a tiny stretch outside your lawn literally lined with dog feces. nice work anon
>>
>>2265628
>what is ground water?

fucking polluters
>>
>>2267315
They mow it over with their big riding mower. I suspect next spring that grass will be taller than the rest
>>
>>2264977
Whoa whoa whoa did you not get the memo positive reinforcement has no place on this site.
>>
70% of the intelligent dogs I've taken care of were stupid as fuck so who cares? Aim for a stupid doggo, he'll love you even more unconditionally and you can laugh at him every once in a while
>>
>>2268691
I think exactly the same. My dog was pretty stupid and I had a lot of fucking funny times with him. Shit I miss him
>>
>>2265629
what a well thought out reply
>>
She's some mutt terrier. I still don't know if she's smart or just spoiled rotten.
She pouts if you don't heat up her cover in the dryer every morning, if you don't take her for her usual walk she'll do it by herself.
When she was a puppy she learned to use the pad, day one.
>>
>>2268722
I'm sorry for your loss anon
>>
Stupid dogs tend to be the smaller "toy" breeds imo.
Theres a sterotype that English Bulldogd are stupid. I've had three and they weren't 'stupid' just very apathetic.
>>
>>2269098
Some small breeds are really smart. The Papillon comes to mind.
>>
>>2269098
pugs are the best example for that. not only do they suffer permanently because they canĀ“t breath correctly but they are pretty stupid as well
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.