[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/an/ I'm scared. A coyote around my neighborhood has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 406987-327566.jpg (2MB, 2856x2142px) Image search: [Google]
406987-327566.jpg
2MB, 2856x2142px
/an/ I'm scared. A coyote around my neighborhood has been killing pets and even those that are just left outside to do their business have been getting attacked. My house does have a fence in the backyard but it's only about 5 to 6 feet high with bars that have about 4 inch gaps (see op pic). I know a fence in the backyard like this isn't enough to keep the coyote out so every night my dog goes out I go out too and I make noise. Please /an/ what else can I do to make sure my dog is safe. Is there like a scent I can put around the perimeter that works? Is this something that warrants a call to animal control? Should I put my dog on a leash and actually stand by him while he does his business? I'm scared and I need some help here
>>
How small is your dog?
>>
>>2264240
Yer dog gon get ate
>>
Sounds like the coyote is doing what a coyote does when he realizes there's a large unguarded population of docile prey in one area. He's not going to stop until he's killed or relocated to a place where he cannot return to your neighborhood.

Kill the coyote, trap it, or don't leave your dog unattended until someone else does.
>>
>>2264254
Cocker spaniel poodle mix so about medium size
>>2264257
Should I call pest control?
>>
>>2264240
Keep an eye out for your dog. Call the wildlife department. Possibly cover the first 4-5 feet of the fence so it'll be harder for it to go through.
>>
>>2264240
Stay with your dog, buy a small caliber weapon, shoot the damned thing if you see it..
>>
I think I'm gonna call animal control and keep on staying by my dog. Can't do the firearm thing because if my area unfortunately
>>
>>2264260
Coyotes can jump a 6ft fence anyway.
>>
>>2264257
It won't matter; unless it's a place where people are allowed to shoot shit on their property and are willing to do it, another coyote will take its place.
>>
Hahaha all these pussies saying call animal control. Nah. Nut up and kill it. With a gun or your bare hands.
>>
>>2264310
>>2264323
I don't mind shooting a coyote. It's that I can't use a firearm in my neighborhood. In my 10 years here we've never had this problem before
>>
File: Coyotes should eat pets.gif (759KB, 1160x1316px) Image search: [Google]
Coyotes should eat pets.gif
759KB, 1160x1316px
>>2264259
You should feel honored that a beautiful coyote would would want to eat your deformed yappy anklebiter and put its nutrients and protein to good use.

Remember that you're the one encroaching the territory that's belonged to their species for millions of years.
>>
File: 1467617649504.jpg (87KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467617649504.jpg
87KB, 1024x1280px
What you need to do OP is scare the ever loving fuck out of it. Bait them into food and then try your absolute best to murder them but not murder them at the same time. They respond to power and will only respect you if you let them know that you can and will butcher them at any time.
>>
>>2264323
They are fast as fuck, and fairly bold.
OP may not be able to catch and strangle it before it kills his pooch.
>>
>>2264333
That's pretty much what I was talking about. No one in your neighborhood can scare of the coyotes with guns, maybe you can try other scare tactics like scents, motion lights or sounds etc.

ACO isn't a full time job and can't constantly be around to fend off coyotes.
>>
>>2264362
And your standard of living is different? You live in an area where you don't infringe on animal ecosystems?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.