[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best method/products to get rid of fleas? My brother's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: flea-crop2[1].jpg (55KB, 531x264px) Image search: [Google]
flea-crop2[1].jpg
55KB, 531x264px
Best method/products to get rid of fleas?

My brother's dog got fleas from a puppy we took care of for a few days and now he's infested. He never had fleas before.

My brother has given him showers and applied some kind of powder, and my mom has taken off flea by flea with vaseline, but they just won't leave the dog alone.

Anything you guys would recommend?
>>
>>2263676
Ivermectin treatments, revolution, Advantix, permerthin.

All that shit you're doing only kills the adults, you'll need the more advanced medicines to do both.
>>
I use a combo of Capstar and Program.

Getting rid of fleas the cheap way requires cleaning, vacuuming, and using a flea comb daily, and it doesn't work well if you have an infestation already or you live in an area with a lot of fleas..
>>
Can anyone give me advice on how to get rid of these fuckers?
At this point all the money and treatment has prevented my pet from getting fleas but they seem to live in the carpet now and jump on humans. None of my friends want to come over anymore and I'm going mad. Im about ready to just bomb the whole place
>>
I use Bravecto. Little pricey (60 bucks a dose) but it lasts for 3 months and really works. I give it to both my dogs and the only fleas I see on them are dead/dying.

You have to get it through a vet though.
>>
I used Advocate on my cat when he got fleas and it got rid of them. They do a version for dogs too. I used a spray from my vet to get rid of any fleas in the house.

But you have to keep up with Advocate. It's a monthly dose in a pipette type thing that you squeeze onto the nape of the animal's neck. It makes your pet's blood poisonous to fleas, ticks, worms, etc...
>>
>>2263676
You may want to treat your entire home some way or another.

Dormant eggs everywhere means they could re-infest your pooch at any time.
>>
Diatomaceous Earth for fleas and their eggs in your carpet/furniture. Not toxic to pets; inexpensive. Try the local feed store. 5# for ten bucks.
>>
>>2265128
>but they seem to live in the carpet now and jump on humans.
Yes. The animal itself doesn't get infested. It's your home. Do you think they just appear out of nowhere?

First the flea lays eggs on your pet. The eggs roll off onto the carpet, couch, anywhere the pet is. Then they hatch into larva. They eat dust and stuff. Then they pupate. Then they hatch.

This means you've have fleas living in your house for quite a while. You will need to vacuum daily, wash everything you can in hot water and dry to completion (linens, couch covers, dog beds, even clothes you wear while interacting with the dog).

Bombs are useless. They won't kill the eggs or larvae. Get some precor (IGR) and spray it on everything. It's more effective than fumigating and it won't hurt you unlike the bombs.
>>
Pest Control here

Been watching this tread for a few days.

I don't have enough info about this situation. Do you need your dog treated or the home?

Please advise.
>>
>>2263676
apple cider vinegar worked for me.
>>
>>2266002
A bullet to the head also helps
>>
You need to treat your dog with the more expensive flea medications to kill the flea lifecycle (read up on it so you understand how to best get rid of them), but you'll also need to eradicate the fleas from your house. The fleas will lay dormant in the carpet but will hatch if they sense you/your dog nearby. Vacuum everyday and spray/fumigate everywhere too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.