[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /an/, dog owner here. I have a dog who suffers from chronic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 31AtsvQymjL.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
31AtsvQymjL.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Hi /an/, dog owner here.
I have a dog who suffers from chronic ear infections (floppy eared labrador in a wet climate). In one ear she usually develops a bacterial infection, and in the other a yeast infection. Over the years my vet has prescribed me Zymox to treat the bacterial, and Surolan to the yeast infection. Over the summer she got an infection, and I decided to pay out for the Zymox *advanced formula* which knocked her itching and pain out way faster than the regular formula (pictured). The problem is, that shit's 30$ for 1.25 fl oz and I can go through a bottle every couple weeks. Does anyone know any other, possibly offbrand medications that could be as effective? Or a site that sells these medications in bulk for less? I know I'm going to be treating her off and on all fall/winter/spring again, so I want to stay on top of it.
>>
it's cheaper on Amazon.

if you need to keep using this kind of medication, you should probably try and figure out a different way to treat the issue. it's an enzymatic cleaner, so there's no exact generic. I couldn't even find one, actually.

I'd try using both, use the zymox plus regularly as well as the cheaper regular...
>>
once you get the infection cleared up you can make a rinse out of rubbing alcohol and use that to clean and dry her ears out after she's out getting wet
>>
>>2263188
rubbing alcohol is really rough on ears and can cause permanent damage. seriously, don't use rubbing alcohol on yourself or an animal.

for cleaning ears, I use a mix of boric acid, witch hazel, and iodine.
>>
>>2263180
A change in diet might help with the yeast infections at least
>>
>>2263188
>rubbing alcohol in dogs ears
Jesus fuck are you retarded?
>>
i work at a vet supply warehouse, this should do the trick for maintenance. After the zymox treatment just use this
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.