[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First post here. I wanted to know why normies are so afraid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: hognose_2-1024x683.jpg (77KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
hognose_2-1024x683.jpg
77KB, 1024x683px
First post here.

I wanted to know why normies are so afraid of snakes?
When i see a snake I don't sense danger or threat
Normies lose their minds and flip their shit

Wtf i don't get it even a small snake can do this to normies
>>
>>2261453
Two reasons

1)they can't tell the difference between a venomous and non-venomous snake
2)"eww they're icky!"
>>
I love snakes but a few of the venomous ones strike a fear chord in my heart. They look fucking awesome but scary at same time kinda like large salt water crocs.

As for normal non venomous snake bros its probably how much snakes=evil is drilled into peoples head along with christian imagery
>>
It probably has a genetic basis.
>>
They are cute as fuck but not having arms or legs weirds the shit out of me.
>>
Might also be because they aren't exposed to them often. I started helping out at local reptile expos and held a snake for the first time since I was in elementary. I wasn't too sure about it even though it was just a ball python but now I am hooked. I have 2 hognoses now and plan on buying more after the breeders get more babies next spring/summer.
>>
>>2261453
Snakes have been our predators since Jurassic times.
>>2261483
>cute as fuck
>a snake
No dude you need mental help.
>>
File: tumblr_my53yrDxrG1s2dleno1_500.gif (533KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my53yrDxrG1s2dleno1_500.gif
533KB, 500x434px
>>2261489

>Snakes have been our predators since Jurassic times.
>>
>be me
>joggin in badlands
>trail narrows with bushes on either side
>hip jostle a sage
>garter falls out

really pretty snake..red stripes on black
I'm glad it wasn't a rattler
>>
>>2261497
i guess he means our mammalian ancestors...
>>
>>2261489
But they are cute.
>qt round eyes
>fuck-ass big cheeky mouth
>>
Because normies are severely ignorant and unobservant and cannot tell differences between species.
>>
>>2261489
1. Squamata as an order didn't even exist until the mid-Jurassic.

2. The first distinguishable snake fossils arise in the late-Cretaceous. They didn't radiate out and make up a significant chunk of the ecosystem until the early Paleogene after the dinosaurs went out.

If you wanted to sound smart, you could've said something like "homo ancestors had to dodge venomous snakes on the savannah", but to be honest, we had to dodge all sorts of scary as fuck creatures on the savannah, many of whom we see as cute today. So who knows?
>>
Many snakes are venomous, so having a base aversion is entirely natural and reasonable.
>>
>>2261539
No and no
>>
>>2261453
lack of knowing breeds fear

>>2261539
No
>>
>>2261489
>jurassic times
>homo sapiens

Sounds like you need the mental help, friendo.
>>
Because the vast majority of them are surprisingly uneducated and get most of their information on animals from movies and TV shows.
>>
>>2261453
Not sure I've ever been snout to nose with a snek, so not afraid.
>>
>>2261539
That isn't true at all. I mean it's true for being adverse to walking up to an unidentified wild snake and grabbing it, but the people who can't even be near one have legitimate mental problems.

By your logic everyone should run away screaming if they see a mosquito, or start puking if they see a pocket knife because it is scary and gross.
>>
That's just lack of experience being around snakes and also picking up other's fears -which are in turn based on lack of experience-.

I never met a person who hated snakes after holding a ball python for a few minutes, even if they had a full blown phobia to start with. The reaction is always, 'oh... that's it?'.
>>
>>2261453
People are very ignorant about snakes and just nature in general and unknown things are scary and should be avoided, it's a normal reaction.

It goes away if the unknown thing turns out to be harmless but to realize that you need to investigate it, which people don't do.
>>
My mom comes from a town that was chockful of dangerous, tropical snakes and was raised to avoid them.

Makes it hard to convince her otherwise
(Kinda sucks, I'd have to be able to afford to move out if I want to own a tube dude of my own)
>>
File: 1370423914123.jpg (163KB, 405x706px) Image search: [Google]
1370423914123.jpg
163KB, 405x706px
>>2261489
>he doesn't think sneks are cute
>>
>>2261481
stop making excuses for these assclowns, they do this for spiders too. No they're just cowards
>>
>>2261666
>666
>post about serpents
Nice try Satan
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.