[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At one point in the earth's history plants were basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

At one point in the earth's history plants were basically the only thing on the planet that would be considered life minus microscopic organisms.

Do you think it's possible any animals originated from plants? Like the predator plants we see today. Maybe one plant, at some time, evolved to eat other plants.

One of the evolved predator plants had a detachable part that went and ate the other plants and that's how life started as we know it.

Im thinking something like a venue fly trap that used to stretch its mouth or whatever and would eat other plants. Eventually it evolved to where it could move around detached from its roots. Like a little plant monster.

I mean no one really knows 100%. It is all theory. I could be on to something.
>>
>At one point in the earth's history plants were basically the only thing on the planet that would be considered life minus microscopic organisms.
Wrong, you'd be surprised how late plants developed (especially terrestrial plants)

>Do you think it's possible any animals originated from plants?
I can only guess your age, but you really need to watch less cartoons m8. Plants and animals are fundamentally different things on so many biological levels.

Venus Flytraps are also a relatively-recent thing in evolutionary terms - you can read up how they evolved if you want, just get the moronic 'animal' idea out of your head.
>>
>>2261150

Are you some kind of retard?
>>
It hasn't happened before, but in the future there probably will be plants that develop more animal-like traits. Pic related is the Walking Palm. It doesn't pull it's roots to literally walk around but it can move 20cm along the ground every year. Maybe one day it will adapt to somehow detach it's oldest roots from itself as it lays down new ones and locomote large distances that way, just on a very slow time scale.
>>
>>2261269

Plants have been around for ages. An oak can chemically detect if it's being eaten. Why would they need to become more like animals? Genuinely asking.
>>
>>2261279

I don't know, that just seems to be what happens. It was discovered that some trees communicate with each other using fungus and will both recognize and nurture their own offspring by sending them more carbon than they would normally share with others. These are traits that most people (including me) would usually only associate with animals. So I think it's possible that in the future there will be plants that evolve to be more like what we know as animals and some species of animal might evolve to be more like what we know as plants.
>>
File: IMG_20161012_141455.jpg (263KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161012_141455.jpg
263KB, 1080x1080px
>>2261279
To eat animals and suply a nutrient
>>
File: foghorn.gif (368KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
foghorn.gif
368KB, 500x375px
>>2261285
I say, I say boy, are you on drugs?
>>
>>2261367

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet

Tru fax. I didn't believe it either the first time I heard.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.