[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Collected our kitten on Thursday night, he was extremely timid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1420.gif (693KB, 320x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1420.gif
693KB, 320x250px
Collected our kitten on Thursday night, he was extremely timid for the first night, howling and hiding under the sofa.

Two days later he is cuddling with us, following us and responding to him name. He's very, very affectionate, rubbing against us to scent us and giving us kitten kisses if we let him get close enough.

One thing that concerns me is that he meows all the time when he isn't sleeping. When he wakes up, he meows loudly as though to tell us he is awake. If he's walking around the room, he always meows loudly and he does the same while eating or going to the toilet.

He's a bengal/ragdoll kitten and you can see both breeds so clearly in him (particularly his bengal meow).

Is this normal for a new kitten?
>>
Are you sure it's not deaf?
>>
>>2259263
>Bengal/ragdoll
So what you mean to say is it's a moggy and you're a special snowflake
>>
has he been checked out by the vet?

that's not really normal, but all kittens are different. how old is he? he's likely meowing because he's still very young so he's calling out so his mother knows where he is. insecure kittens tend to meow a lot, or he could just be talkative.
>>
>>2259288

Does it really matter? Isn't your post a tad aggressive and not all that helpful? I mean is that one of his parents was a purebread ragdoll, one was a purebread bengal, both of which have extremely distinctive traits, which may have effected the answer. I can't see how that is me trying to be a "special snowflake".

Always assumed this was one of the nicer boards but I guess you're one of those edgelords who loves to try and be as mean as possible. Hope that's working out for you.

>>2259277

Pretty sure he's not deaf as he responds to his name and the vet didn't pick anything up (although I'm not sure if they check for this during general health checks). Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
>>
>>2259293

Yup, he's healthy as can be. He's using the cat litter box, eating well, sleeping and playing as he should. He's just really fond of meowing all the time.

We've started talking back at him which might be encouraging him because he knows it gets him attentions. Although perhaps you're right about his age - he's only around 9 weeks and was the first to leave his litter. Maybe he's happy but confused about where his brothers and sisters are.
>>
>>2259297
yeah he's probably just settling in still and looking for his family. he should be meowing whatever a normal amount is for him within a week.

it's funny how much different kittens meow though. my younger kitten will meow at everything but my older one meows maybe once every few days. just depends on personality.
>>
>>2259305

Thanks for the advice :)

It's cute and I've always had vocal cats so it isn't a problem. I just wanted to make sure he was okay and I wasn't ignoring something.

He's also extremely close to my partner and I already - he cleans himself on us, rubs against us, sleeps on us, follows us round etc. Is this normal after just a few days?
>>
I was just thinking about it. I don't know anyone over 25 that has gotten a new cat. Some have cats at 40, but they've had them for 20 years. What's with kids and pussy?
>>
File: 1473368857909.jpg (120KB, 615x620px) Image search: [Google]
1473368857909.jpg
120KB, 615x620px
>>2259295
Well, maybe you need to give it a little more time, it honestly sounds like something that the cat will grow out of.

>Always assumed this was one of the nicer board
Yeah, about that. You see you're still on 4chan so you should expect some cancerous behavior, not to mention aggressive posts are also a result of the anonymity. Add to the fact that many people on /an/ have a hatred of outside cats and are very vocal about it. While posters who adore cats see this negativity towards their breed of choice they respond in kind, and a heated discussion follows. While all this is completely normal, the problem occurs when trolls see the reactions generated by the "catfags" and realize they can get the same thing just by being assholes everytime a cat is brought up. Of course even on an animal and nature board there are still people who just can't stand cats, and are very vocal about it. They are entitled to their opinions, and as long as you are participating in a discussion about it you should expect it, albeit you don't have to like it, but you are also entitled to your opinion and can reply as you see fit.
So basically it is either a troll who is just trying to get a rise out of you (which was successful) or somebody who hates cats and thought they would let you know. Either way it's still part of board culture, and business as usual. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>2259309
It doesn't seem like it, but that usually means he's insecure- which is totally find and to be expected at his young age right after being separated from his family!

>>2259311
Maybe you don't know that many people over 25?
>>
Bengals are known to be extremely talkative cats, especially when they are young. Lots of meowing from a breed so talkative at the kitten stage isnt something to be worried about.
>>
>>2259314

The toes.
>>
>>2259309
>He's also extremely close to my partner and I already - he cleans himself on us, rubs against us, sleeps on us, follows us round etc. Is this normal after just a few days?

Ragdolls are quite affectionate cats, so he's probably got that from his ragdoll parent
>>
File: CYuFLTjWsAAPx0f.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CYuFLTjWsAAPx0f.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
He's probably just a talkative cat, OP.

My friend adopted a kitten when he was 13 weeks old and he was VERY clingy from the beginning. Super confident, affectionate and constantly meowing/purring. He's 3 years old now and that hasn't changed.

>pic related him being seductive
>>
He probably has Toxoplasmosis so get ready for bugs living in your brain lol
>>
>>2259295
If you think that was bad, go back to Red dit and don't come back. You can't honestly expect people to cater to your every whim and behave like the nicest people you ever met.
For you to think that was bad is pathetic, go ask about your mongrel somewhere else so you can be safe in your "safety bubble"
>>
>>2259295
>Getting this fucking triggered
Maybe you should go back to tumblr hugbox buddy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.