[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't dogs understand the concept of sacrifice? If you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: BONENOW.jpg (117KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BONENOW.jpg
117KB, 1200x630px
Why don't dogs understand the concept of sacrifice? If you think about it, sacrifice is one of the key essential traits of Man; the ability to reason that it is worthwhile to give, presently, time or effort in exchange for some reward in the future. But try telling that proposition to a dog? Good luck, because the only thing dogs understand is, "BONE NOW."
>>
a dog will spend a week digging a hole under a fence
>>
>>2259220
Wew lad, is it now you realise dogs are not humans?

>>2259245
No, a dog will try to dig a hole. Then everyday it'll come by the hole again, see it, think of digging again and likely do it. It's not just "I'll just dig here for a week" once and keeping to it.
>>
>Training dog
>do a trick, get a treat
>dog gets good at trick, so treats happen less often
>dog still does trick anyways even though it isnt gauranteed a trick every time
>dog recognizes that it is worthwhile to put in effort now for some reward that might happen in the future
>>
>>2259220
>ability to reason that it is worthwhile to give, presently, time or effort in exchange for some reward in the future
that is NOT the definition of sacrifice you goddamn turd.

also, altruistic behaviour is hardly unique to homo sapiens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=jKtOXvA14X4
>>
>>2259366
1. What does altruism have to do with this? Do you mean to imply sacrifice is implicitly altruistic? If so then you are wrong.

2. Do you really expect me to listen to this specist alt-right mouth-piece spew his hateful rhetoric about ants? #NotAllAnts #AntLivesMatter

3. Do you think that just because you are on the internet I don't know that you are a dog? We may be "anonymous" here but I know dog-posting when I see it.
>>
>>2259366
Yeah I would say OP is describing delayed gratification, not sacrifice per say.

But I also wouldn't call eusocial insects "altruistic".
>>
>>2259220
Any animal will sacrifice its child's life to save another of its children or its own life. thread is moot, please delete
>>
>>2259386
During language acquisition children will babble and sometimes mimic certain words without actually understanding their meanings. The animal in your hypothetical scenario isn't knowingly sacrificing the life of its young, which, by the way, not just any animal will do (consider bears, for instance), it is acting on instinct of self-preservation due to imminent life-threatening danger. It doesn't have a plan; it isn't playing Chess, nor Checkers; it is literally just repeating, as usual, "BONE NOW," except in a slightly altered form which replaces "bone" with "life."

You're moot, delete yourself.
>>
>>2259395
acting on self preservation IS sacrifice you retard fuck. it's sacrificing the life of another for its own life. if someone threatened you to kill your mom or die and you did kill your mom you are SACRIFICING your mom's life for your own. sacrifice may not always be good. Get that through your underage skull
>>
>>2259401
It can be thought of as a form of sacrifice depending on the circumstances, but it is not necessarily always sacrificial in nature. Sacrifice is broader than you seem to realize. Your understanding of it is not far removed from that of the tiny canine brains of dogs.
>>
>>2259410
>sacrifice is broader
now do you see how retarded you've been sounding since you started this thread that makes no sense? sacrifice is a broad term. Animals do sacrifice each other so the whole point of the thread is moot. atleast you understand self-preservation is sacrifice. a step in the right direction from thinking from your vagina. try to reason next time before starting a thread
>>
>>2259487
>Animals do sacrifice each other so the whole point of the thread is moot.
But obviously that doesn't necessarily mean that they actually understand the concept of sacrifice, though. So, no, the point of the thread is not moot; in fact, I would point out your mere participation in this discussion disproves your own point entirely; however, in the future, if you come across a thread you don't like, I recommend rather just ignoring it like a responsible adult than shitting up both it and the board, by extension, and obnoxiously crying for the mods to turn a public space into your own personal safe space at everyone else's expense just because you can't handle the possibility that somewhere, someone might be discussing or saying something you don't agree with or care about. Your sum contribution to this topic is tantamount to trolling, derailment to be specific; maybe you should be begging them to censor you, yourself, instead, since you are apparently such a strong proponent of such practices.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.