[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really dont know what to do /an/ My two dogs were outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: stand_WHO_LET_THE_DOGS_OUT.png (608KB, 735x748px) Image search: [Google]
stand_WHO_LET_THE_DOGS_OUT.png
608KB, 735x748px
I really dont know what to do /an/

My two dogs were outside in the yard doing their buisness, and I guess my older mixed breed found something to eat on the ground. My Aussie came over and let out the most frightening growl I had ever heard. She latched onto my mix's neck and kept shaking her. I grabbed my Aussie's collar and tried to pull her off, but she wouldn't let go. Then I tried hitting her on the head until finally she let go. As I pulled her head up she growled loud again. There was blood all over her mouth, and it smelled awful. My mix had blood all over her neck
Luckily I don't think my mix had any deep cuts, but Im watching her.
What should I do?
>>
I don't know. I wish there was some sort of dog doctor that existed that could do something for you...

If only they had those. Sorry. You could try freezing it until they develop the technology to cure your dog.
>>
>>2257111
I wasnt asking how to take care of a wound you fucking retard, I was asking how I should go about dealing with my Aussie
>>
>>2257126

GO TO A FUCKING VET YA DUMB SHIT
>>
>>2257130
Isn't there any other option besides euthanasia?
>>
>>2257126
Judging by your pic, make sure your Aussie isn't actually controlling an enemy Stand.
>>
>>2257108
You have to use force. I know this might sound cruel, and I'm using an anecdote, but listen up. I know people who used to do goat herding, these are poor goat herder mind you, so they can't always afford purebred herding/livestock guardian dogs, so they get the dog that they can get, and if the dog tries to attack the goats, they get hit, the dog feels pain and it learns to not do that, eventually you won't have to hit the dog. Try this. I know another guy who did that because his dog would always try to kill his chickens, now it doesn't.
>>
Does your aussie get aggressive and growly around food? Any other incidents like this?
Because your mix was eating something and that's when your aussie attacked, I assume it's a food aggression issue.

If you're mix is fine then it's fine but I'd be more worried about how much of a shit you're aussie is acting.

>>2257145
If you have to pull two dogs apart by all means beat the shit out of the aggressor, or just do anything to get them apart. Grabbing one by the back legs and yanking them works if the other dog isn't trying to fight back. If OP's aussie is attacking over food then that's a whole another matter.
>>
How long have the dogs known each other? Were they bestest buddies up until that point? Are they getting on like nothing happened?
>>
>>2257164
They have known each other for a while bit. They seem fine together now, but I think it was probably what this anon said >>2257159
So whats the best way of addressing food aggression?
>>
>>2257179
If the aussie is in an agressive mood already OP interfering would just get it to shift it's aggression to him. OP- put it down. Don't risk it turning on you or a child or your dog again. It knows it's strength now thts a dangerous thing
>>
File: 1433539849181.jpg (1MB, 2048x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1433539849181.jpg
1MB, 2048x1265px
>>2257108
First, get some basic meds from your vet so your dog doesn't get an infection and end up costing you more.

Second, look into either a professional dog trainer (emphasis on the professional, make sure they actually went to a trade school/college, or were tutored by someone who did, because we have plenty of science to back up better methods now), or see if there are any local classes that help owners with aggression issues. That sounds very much like a classic case of resource guarding, but has gotten more extreme because the aussie for some reason thinks it needs to immediately jump to attacking instead of giving warnings.

If you do not have the time to either get a class in yourself, or really do your research, then I highly suggest a trainer. Aggression is not as easy, nor safe, to fix than a lot of other small problems that you can usually just look up a youtube video on. Your usual vet is probably a good person to ask for a reference, as well as the local shelter or animal control.
>>
>>2257179
Op, these are trolls. They have been really prevalent on /an/ lately for some reason. Just ignore them, or better yet, report them for shit posting.

There are better, more up to date, methods of dealing with dog behaviour.
>>
Food aggression happens fast , so now that its been established the Aussie will go that far, you must be acutely aware of all of their interactions around resources. The big question is : Are you confident the aggression will not be directed at you if you intervene? On some level there must be an understanding that first, your opinion matters, and that you do not tolerate this. If the former does not matter for your animal, you're going to have to reinforce your role as a disciplinary figure. In general you will have to work more closely with her and invest a lot of time, if not money. Females I found can be especially protective of food, and Aussies are aware of more complex pack mechanics that some breeds are not.
If this guy didn't vet the victim , it should stand to reason he's not going to pay for training either. "throw money at it, but also smart money, yeah" This should not need to be said given the context?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.