[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my inside cat got a tick because everyone but me is too retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 167066343.jpg (284KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
167066343.jpg
284KB, 1024x685px
So my inside cat got a tick because everyone but me is too retarded to make sure he doesn't sneak out.

I've tried soap and vegetable oil to smother it to no avail and I'm afarid it'll drop off and bite my mother cats, me, or roommates.

No tweasers and under 90 cents to my name, what do?
>>
>>2256734
cum on it
>>
>>2256734
>I've tried soap and vegetable oil to smother it to no avail and I'm afarid it'll drop off and bite my mother cats, me, or roommates.
you're a fucking dumbass. if you kill it like that it will throw up into your cat and all bacteria and viruses will be transmitted.

you need to CAREFULLY take them out with tweezers. just google it you humongous turd
>>
>>2256738
Too poor for tweezers, I'm so fucking poor.

Also no vehicle.
>>
Does anyone else in your house have money for tweezers? They're really not expensive. Someone should be willing to lend you a couple dollars.

Do you have needlenose pliers? Those will work too, if you're careful
>>
>>2256734
Just grab a papertowel use it to protect your hands and do a quick pinch, twist and pull. You can also turn a sandwhich bag inside out put you hand in it do the same then turn the bag back seal and dispose. I have done this many many times and never 1 issue with animals health. Watch out for spurting blood. Good luck. Find something you are passionate about. That is where you will find your opportunity to change your financial situation.
>>
>>2256740
>>2256734
Grab it with your hands, you fucking pussy. It's a tick. If anything it'll bite your fingers if you don't squeeze it to death before it has time to come to its senses.
>>
Take a hard but thin cardboard piece, cut a small V slit into it and stick it under the tick. Then twist until the tick falls off.
>>
File: 1469471262727.jpg (221KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469471262727.jpg
221KB, 1024x1024px
>>2256740
>too poor for tweezers
you shouldnt be owning a pet
>>
>>2256764
this.
If you just pull hard, the body will rip off and the head will stay attached, which is the bit that annoys the animal.
>>
>>2256740
Wtf a tweezer is like what 2 dollars?
Are you under 13 or what
>>
>>2256740
Holy shit cunt, walk go the fucking shop. How can you afford to live, let alone own a pet, if you don't have/can't afford tweezers.
>>
>everyone but me is too retarded

spoiler: you're retarded too.

if you can't afford tweezers then you shouldn't have a pet. i hope you come to your senses and give it up for adoption. but remove the tick first
>>
>""""""""""inside""""""""" cat
>can't afford tweezers

you suck at life, op
>>
>>2256740
It's easier to remove them with your fingernails anyway.
>>
I've removed ticks with a really thin butterknife. Just hassled it around the head and the tick got pissed and pulled its head out to see who keeps fucking with it. then I grabbed it and shoved it into a pump air-rifle chamber and shot it far away. Those things splat like wild.
>>
>>2256734
are you fucking serious, you dumb cunt?

I hope this is just bait.
Noone can be too stupid to just remove a "normal" tick
>>
>>2256734
Take something with a plastic edge, scrape over it over and over again, but not hard enough to actually cause harm to the cat or tick. The idea is you want to agitate the tick enough to force him to let go.

Or at least that's what I did for humans a few times on camping trips, someone would invaribly come back with a tick stuck to them. Using tweasers or your fingers to pull them leaves part of the tick latched on, so that's not good. Lighting a match and then poking the tick with it also doesn't work well, because while it does make it let go, he'll regurgitate back into you leaving you with a higher chance of infection. The best method is always to get them to uproot themselves and step on them.
>>
>>2256960
Welcome to /an/!
I suggest you visit one of our wonderful outdoor cat discussion!
I hope you enjoy your stay faggot!
>>
>>2256734
Use your fingers pussy
>>
>>2256740
How the fuck can you afford to take care a cat let alone fucking eat if you can't afford tweezers?
>>
File: 1429481340343.gif (1MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1429481340343.gif
1MB, 540x300px
>>2256751
That's not how ticks work. They don't just bite into you the first chance they get.I you pick a tick off and just let it crawl on you it could take it an hour before it finds a spot to bite in. I will never understand peoples nitpickyness about ticks either. I've pulled off hundreds of them through my life. Just grab it and rip. Like the anon above said, poking and prodding at it will just force it to regurgitate which is when the diseases are transferred. also if the tick hasn't even had time to engorge itself then it won't be able to regurgitate anyway so you're basically freaking out about nothing like a little girl.
>>
I got a tick on my arm and pulled it off with my fingers. Its head got stuck in my arm so I dug it out with the point of a Swiss army knife.

It's not hard.
>>
>>2258223
This. Part of a ticks head getting stuck in your skin is less dangerous and easier to get out than a wood splinter.
>>
>>2258218
>Just grab it and rip.
Do this and you'll both hurt your pet and risk giving it a nasty infection since sometimes the tick will leave its "mouth" behind.
>>
>>2258226
If you're a human being. Not so much when you're a cat.
>>
>>2258232
It's literally the same. coax the mouth part out and put some disinfectant on the area. If your cat manages to get infected from that the the problem wasn't with the tick. It was with the owner being a complete fuckwit.
>>
>>2258223
>>2258226
it's not the head even, it's just the biting apparatus, and it's completely harmless.

@OP or anyone really: when removing a tick make sure to not squeeze them as that will empty their stomach contents into the bitten host (=cat in this case)

for removal you can use:
* sharp finger nails
* tweezers
* thin cardboard with V slit
* sewing thread: carefully make a knot around the tick and pull it out

in general you just want to pull straight up. the twisting does absolutely nothing, but is a persistent urban legend
>>
>>2258233
>pokes his pet with a knife
>isn't a fucking retard
pick one and only one.
>>
>>2258239
Exactly what I'm talking about. If you somehow think that process involves poking your cat with a knife then maybe you should just hire your own personal full time vet so you don't have to worry about killing your cat through incompetence.
>>
>>2256740
borrow tweezers then!
jesus christ you fucking retarded piece of shit
>>
>>2256744
obviously I'm not him but there are no ticks where I live, I didn't know they existed until I went to an out of state university
its possible but if hes in an area without ticks that's fairly short sighted
>>
>>2256740
Are you from a literal undeveloped country?
>>
>>2256740
Then you shouldn't own a pet
>>
>>2256740
>Too poor for tweezers
>Can afford internet/phone bill to shitpost online
You need to get your priorities in check nigger
>>
>>2256734
Fuck tweezers.

Take a kleenex, put it over the tick, then pull the fucker out with your fingers, using your finger nails, like you'd pull a hair out at the root.

You don't need matches on the butt, or anything like that. Just squeeze yer nails between the skin and the head really really closely, like a scab or something, then pull hard.

Flush that mother fucker then.
>>
>>2256734
Obvious troll is obvious troll, but there's a .01% chance you're not a troll, so if you aren't a troll, you shouldn't own a cat if you can't afford tweezers. You should probably just kill yourself.
>>
Use petrolium jelly to sufficate it either that or light a match tgen blow it out then poke tge tick with the hot end of the match and it will squirm out
>>
>>2256734
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4-1xYl97gg

A tick lasso or nothing. Like a dollar from any pet store, hell even convenience stores have them.
>>
>>2256740
>Too poor for tweezers
That was deeply depressing. Thanks for reminding me of my privilege.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.